Mamma Melrose's-How is Charred Strip Steak

jess20k

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are finally going to give Mamma Melrose's a try. Overall, how is it? I am also looking in particular for any reviews on the charred strip steak, how did you like it?

I had it Summer of '17. The meat was stringy and gristly. This just happens sometimes with cuts that aren't higher grade. It had a nice flavor, but that texture kind of ruined the whole dish as you'd expect. I've read other great reviews on it so your mileage will definitely vary. The cheesy noodles that came with it were really good though.

I had the charred strip steak last September. I ordered it medium. It was so juicy and tender. I cut it with my fork. I plan on getting it again in August.

One of our party of 4 ordered it and loved it. I got the saltimbocca and everyone agreed this was their favorite of all our four choices.
I told our waiter how much we loved it and asked if I could possibly get the recipe... and then the chef brought the recipe to me personally! That is Disney magic!

One of our party of 4 ordered it and loved it. I got the saltimbocca and everyone agreed this was their favorite of all our four choices.
I told our waiter how much we loved it and asked if I could possibly get the recipe... and then the chef brought the recipe to me personally! That is Disney magic!

This is fabulous, thank you. I know what I’m getting!

I got it in october and it was really good...so was the mac and cheese that came with it. It was very flavorful.

The steak at MM is one of my favorites. I generally order it and have never gotten one that was tough or stringy.

How are the portion sizes? We are thinking of eating here next trip, but a lot of pictures I have seen look like you barely get any food?

How are the portion sizes? We are thinking of eating here next trip, but a lot of pictures I have seen look like you barely get any food?

I am a big eater and I usually am stuffed and can’t eat all the Mac and cheese that comes with the steak. My serving has always been a good size probably at least 10 Oz

Here is a photo of my steak. Maybe this will help with the portion size question. You also get bread at the start of the meal. We were on the dining plan so we got dessert too.20181019_165045.jpg

My husband and I split the strip steak for lunch and were both quite full - I’d say it’s a pretty large portion!

I haven't been to Disney in years...but we are now planning another trip in Jan. When I first went in 2008...this was a restaurant even back then that was questionable...should we or shouldn't we do it. At that time, it was getting horrible reviews! We almost yanked the ADR. Thankfully I didn't. It turned out to be a favorite restaurant. We have done it in combination with Fantasmic and never had any issues. We have made many trips since then and it is always on our frequent list. Someone in the group has always had the steak. Portions were never small, even on the Children's portions. Though we haven't been there in a while, it certainly seems to have withstood the test of time for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter