Mandalorian Season 3

Last week's episode has been one of my least favorite to date. As much as I despise the term "jump the shark" this one certainly accomplished that. Never a fan of putting in recognizable faces into a show, as it normally pulls me right out of the episode. Why we needed to see Lizzo as a character is completely beyond me. But looking past that, I'm guessing that we will never see these characters again. In a 30-minute episode, we didn't get to know any of these characters enough to care that Christopher Lloyd turned out to be the 'bad guy'. If tou don't make an attempt at character development, how are supposed to try and become invested in your characters? Nothing shocking, nothing compelling, just another throw-away non-twist in an episode that could have easily been eliminated and not hurt the storyline one bit. Sort of like the pointless Jawa episode back during season one. Maybe the writers took off for Easter week and they called in some interns.

Last edited:
Well, I'm happy with the season overall. I know there's been a lot of complaining. I hope the finale satisfies the fans. It was good and action packed! People probably won't liek that it's only 39 minutes long, but I don't worry about such. Longer isn't necessarily better, and it's not a movie, it's episodic television. I like where they left things and look forward to more.

Overall, I've been very disappointed in several episodes this season. However, the finale was excellent. Awesome Mandalorian action scenes! thought it wrapped up the story very well. I do wish there was a post credits scene, but it's fine. I think this is the best episode of the season, and was very glad in the resolution.

Last edited:
Overall, I've been very disappointed in several episodes this season. However, the finale was excellent. Awesome Mandalorian action scenes! thought it wrapped up the story very well. I do wish there was a post credits scene, but it's fine. I think this is the best episode of the season, and was glad in the resolution.

It's funny because the episodes that all the fans were annoyed by are my favorite parts of the season. Dr Pershing and Elia Kane on Coruscant, Carson Teva and his Adelphi Rangers, Din and Bo investigating on Palzir - all that taught me is how much I really want more Non-Mandalorian shows. I mean, Mandalorians are great and all, but let's face it, Boba Fett has always been overrated due to his cool look and action figure. 🤣 I want to see more New Republic!

I do think though, and many stremaing shows are guilty of this, that they need to intersperse the stories better instead of doing a whole one-off episode without the stars (this wouldn't apply to Plazir since it had the mains). I can see how those episodes can break up the flow, especially when the episodes are released weekly. Mando S3 did better though in that al least there was always something with Din in every episode. It would still be better though with more jumping around. At least they didn't give two episodes to Boba Fett - though maybe they should have considering he had to give Din two of his!

Last edited:
I’m just thinking that if it were really that easy to damage a lightsaber, why wouldn’t Jedi or Sith just use the Force to just crush an opponent’s lightsaber emitter?

I’m just thinking that if it were really that easy to damage a lightsaber, why wouldn’t Jedi or Sith just use the Force to just crush an opponent’s lightsaber emitter?

Getting into spoiler territory but....
Gideon's armor I believe is VERY strong. Light Sabers are not indestructible, as shown previously. The droid stamping machine cut Ani's in half in Attack of the Clones. I think it likely that an attempt to use the force would be met and coutneracted by the weilder, who also likely used the force. It could be done with the element of surprise mabye.
[/

Getting into spoiler territory but....
Gideon's armor I believe is VERY strong. Light Sabers are not indestructible, as shown previously. The droid stamping machine cut Ani's in half in Attack of the Clones. I think it likely that an attempt to use the force would be met and coutneracted by the weilder, who also likely used the force. It could be done with the element of surprise mabye.
[/

I’m not trying to get into too many spoilers, but it seems that a lightsaber beam is near indestructible, but the emitter is about as durable as a flashlight. I do remember Darth Maul’s double ended lightsaber being split. But the again, Luke’s (formerly his dad’s) was recovered after falling who knows how far. So it’s as durable as the creators want it to be.

I’m not trying to get into too many spoilers, but it seems that a lightsaber beam is near indestructible, but the emitter is about as durable as a flashlight. I do remember Darth Maul’s double ended lightsaber being split. But the again, Luke’s (formerly his dad’s) was recovered after falling who knows how far. So it’s as durable as the creators want it to be.

I think they're pretty tough - though keep in mind the bulding materials may vary. Maul's saber was cut with a lightsaber blade, so that totall makes sense (keep in mind that a double-ended one has two crystals and the middle is largely empty which is why some cna be split into two). I don't think just falling will break it - of course, it dpends where it lands, right? There is definitely some plot element to it too, but I don't think it's a problem really.

I think they're pretty tough - though keep in mind the bulding materials may vary. Maul's saber was cut with a lightsaber blade, so that totall makes sense (keep in mind that a double-ended one has two crystals and the middle is largely empty which is why some cna be split into two). I don't think just falling will break it - of course, it dpends where it lands, right? There is definitely some plot element to it too, but I don't think it's a problem really.

I’m trying to avoid too many spoilers, but it was destroyed by a mechanically enhanced hand. But it just seemed so odd.

I’m trying to avoid too many spoilers, but it was destroyed by a mechanically enhanced hand. But it just seemed so odd.

You can use the tag ISPOILER in brackets and then /ISPOILER to blur things out.

You can use the tag ISPOILER in brackets and then /ISPOILER to blur things out.

I know. But I decided not to with the idea that I wasn’t going to provide too many details.

It's funny because the episodes that all the fans were annoyed by are my favorite parts of the season. Dr Pershing and Elia Kane on Coruscant, Carson Teva and his Adelphi Rangers, Din and Bo investigating on Palzir - all that taught me is hw much I really want more Non-Mandalorian shows. I mean, Mandalorians are great and all, but let's face it, Boba Fett has always been overrated due to his cool look and action figure. 🤣 I want to see more New Republic!
Boba Fett overrated?!?!? Blasphemy!!! :)
He's been my second favorite character after Luke, since 1980. I did the see Holiday special when it aired, but don't remember Fett from it, but Do remember him being as crafty and wily as Han Solo though, enough to anticipate his plans in Empire. Anyway, yeah, probably was mostly due to the cool look .Sometimes I just like SW characters for that. Like the Red Guards in ROTJ. They just looked cool,
But anyway, I loved, loved all the Mandalorians we got in this series.
Agree though, would like to see more New Republic, and the rangers, Teva, and all of that too.
I'm excited to see whatever move Filoni brings us, and the new Rey movie.

Boba Fett overrated?!?!? Blasphemy!!! :)
He's been my second favorite character after Luke, since 1980. I did the see Holiday special when it aired, but don't remember Fett from it, but Do remember him being as crafty and wily as Han Solo though, enough to anticipate his plans in Empire. Anyway, yeah, probably was mostly due to the cool look .Sometimes I just like SW characters for that. Like the Red Guards in ROTJ. They just looked cool,
But anyway, I loved, loved all the Mandalorians we got in this series.
Agree though, would like to see more New Republic, and the rangers, Teva, and all of that too.
I'm excited to see whatever move Filoni brings us, and the new Rey movie.

All that, only to get jobbed in Return of the Jedi. ;) Oh, Star Wars has a history of characters who look cool but either do nothing or get totally punked out. Boba's not alone. I actually like him TONS more after his series.

I don’t get why there are so many pilots who walk around with all their bulky gear. Real military pilots might wear their flight suits, but wouldn’t be in a bar with all the attachments.

I don’t get why there are so many pilots who walk around with all their bulky gear. Real military pilots might wear their flight suits, but wouldn’t be in a bar with all the attachments.

They probalby need to be ready to go at a moments notice. Then again, I hope they're not drinking anything alcoholic in there!

This morning I began watching The Mandalorian Season 3 and I thought the first episode was excellent and Grogu was just so cute as ever and I think this will be remembered as Grogu Season and Mando is just so smart as he was in the previous seasons. I think Disney+ knows what they are doing when they designed Season 3 of The Mandalorian. After years of waiting Season 3 was worth the wait. Can't wait for Episode 2 next Wednesday

Viewership is way down for season 3 of Mando. Why do you think this is happening? Star Wars Fatigue?

I know Andor had very low viewership as well recently.

Viewership is way down for season 3 of Mando. Why do you think this is happening? Star Wars Fatigue?

I know Andor had very low viewership as well recently.

The thing with those "hot" shows is that they burn brightly, but only for a short time. They took too long between seasons. I mean, Boba Fett may as well just have been folded into it and they could have made it as two seasons and kept some momentum.

Too long between seasons and a casual star wars viewer isn't going to care about the rest of the Mandalorians.

I haven't even watched Clone Wars all the way through. Barely knew Ahsoka and Bo Katan. But everyone knows we are here to watch Baby Yoda / Grogu. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter