Manoa Falls-any tips? Thought it was closer.

auteur55

Mouseketeer
hello we are doing our bucket list trip to Aulani the first week of April. So busy spring break time. We want to do one hike but spend most of the time at the resort. I had read on here that Manoa falls was very close to the resort but looking at a map it appears to be on the other side of the city? Have I got the right one? Any tips on avoiding crowds, beating traffic, best days to go etc.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
hello we are doing our bucket list trip to Aulani the first week of April. So busy spring break time. We want to do one hike but spend most of the time at the resort. I had read on here that Moana falls was very close to the resort but looking at a map it appears to be on the other side of the city? Have I got the right one? Any tips on avoiding crowds, beating traffic, best days to go etc.

Thanks in advance!
We are there the end of Feb. I am renting a van(6 of us) and doing one tour day. Moana falls is on our list too. We plan on doing it first thing that morning. I think it will be cooler and a great start to our day. Not sure on the traffic but not having to be there at a set time helps. The only "timed" event is our 2pm pearl harbor tix.

Do you mean Manoa falls? It's very far from Aulani. Leave the resort after 8:45am and head back to the resort before 2pm or after 6-ish and you can be almost sure to avoid traffic. Weekdays will be much less crowded. It's a very wet, slippery trail so make sure you have appropriate footwear and mosquito repellant.

The restaurant adjacent to the falls is horrendous! There's a small shopping center called Manoa Marketplace with lots of yummy take-out eateries. My favorite bakery, Fendu Boulangerie http://www.bakerieshonolulu.com, is located there. It's a neighborhood gem that even locals don't know about. rumor has it he baked Bill Gate's wedding cake.

Do you mean Manoa falls? It's very far from Aulani. Leave the resort after 8:45am and head back to the resort before 2pm or after 6-ish and you can be almost sure to avoid traffic. Weekdays will be much less crowded. It's a very wet, slippery trail so make sure you have appropriate footwear and mosquito repellant.

The restaurant adjacent to the falls is horrendous! There's a small shopping center called Manoa Marketplace with lots of yummy take-out eateries. My favorite bakery, Fendu Boulangerie http://www.bakerieshonolulu.com, is located there. It's a neighborhood gem that even locals don't know about. rumor has it he baked Bill Gate's wedding cake.
Good info to know. (mmm bakery!) Thanks!

I had read on here that Manoa falls was very close to the resort but looking at a map it appears to be on the other side of the city? Have I got the right one?
Manoa falls isn’t in Kapolei. It’s in Honolulu. Just avoiding rush-hour should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter