I was able to register myself (Half),DH (Half) and DD (Full) without any problems. We all have APs.

I left the POT info blank during registration, then went back in to edit info after registration was completed. Editing was an easy process.

Question: I registered DD under her former name, which matches her PoT name. Can she call and update her registration to her current name after PoT deadline?

Update: I finally talked to someone at Tech Support. I had 9 registrations (Marathon, HM, (2x)10k, (5x)5k). Once I had everything loaded up on my first attempt, and I got the error about detecting an existing registration, that basically invalidated my whole cart (no way to edit, when I backed up everything was lost). When I tried the second time, and got the message that registration was closed, it was trying to tell me that all of the 5k pre-registrations were gone, but it doesn't say which races are closed in the error. It just says that registration is closed. Now while trying for 2 hours to get through on the phone, the 10k pre-sale is sold out.

So I was able to get the Marathon and HM registrations done, but am waiting for a call back to figure out what will happen with 10k and 5k after the original error. At least I grabbed screen shots of all the errors. They said they are going to try to get back to everyone before Thursday registration starts. Not quite sure why they wanted to trial run their new registration system on the biggest event of the year...

Registered myself for Dopey and my husband for the marathon! Can anyone give me some insight on the sizes of the shirts? My 2018 PHM shirt is a small and fits perfect but it is short sleeved and women's cut. Are the marathon weekend shirts unisex sized? And do they run true to size? Thanks in advance!

Looks like the 5K and 10K have reached capacity for the early registration crowd. They are no longer available as selections from the DVC access.

ETA: Just saw that @JeffW posted this 9 minutes before me. I guess it's old news then, not to be confused with fake news.

Registered myself for Dopey and my husband for the marathon! Can anyone give me some insight on the sizes of the shirts? My 2018 PHM shirt is a small and fits perfect but it is short sleeved and women's cut. Are the marathon weekend shirts unisex sized? And do they run true to size? Thanks in advance!

5k is cotton unisex
10k, half & marathon have women's

The cotton unisex medium I swim in but the long sleeve tech women's cut mediums fit just like my short sleeve women's cut mediums from other weekends.

Update!

Still not fixed. runDisney told me it’s my banks issue. My bank says the charge was approved and nothing is wrong except that runDisney charged me twice so back to runDisney it is...

I find it interesting that you don't put an estimated finish now at all if you pick under 5:30 for the marathon, you just put your POT.

If you put over 5:30, no POT required, then you have 3 estimated choices & you can't put a POT
5:31-6:00
6:01-6:30
6:31-7:00

and you do put an estimated pace for 5k & 10k if you are doing Dopey. Is this new?
I had the pick your pace thing for the 10K recently... I'd say W&D, but I only registered for the half. Maybe SWDS?
Interesting that you don't pick a finish time at all for under 5:30. That puts an awful lot of faith in the system to calculate your PoT correctly...

Update!

Still not fixed. runDisney told me it’s my banks issue. My bank says the charge was approved and nothing is wrong except that runDisney charged me twice so back to runDisney it is...
Grrrrrrrr! I'm ticked off on your behalf now. Was this a debit card?

Grrrrrrrr! I'm ticked off on your behalf now. Was this a debit card?
Yes I have a credit card but my limit is not large enough for Dopey. I have registered with my debit card for wine and dine and past marathon weekends so I didn’t think it would be an issue.

Yes I have a credit card but my limit is not large enough for Dopey. I have registered with my debit card for wine and dine and past marathon weekends so I didn’t think it would be an issue.
No, debit totally shouldn't be an issue! The ex-banker in me is just cringing at your account taking the hit because of rD's technical issues. Crossing my fingers they get this taken care of ASAP. Hang in there!

Can someone tell me how much race retreat is for Dopey as well as the 1/2? Looking to register Thursday and I'd like to get an estimate of how much this is going to cost me.

No, debit totally shouldn't be an issue! The ex-banker in me is just cringing at your account taking the hit because of rD's technical issues. Crossing my fingers they get this taken care of ASAP. Hang in there!
Thanks, I am taking a break from contacting anyone for right now. I have spent the last 3 hours dealing with this. Hopefully it all works out.

I hope you get it fixed soon @rteetz :)

Can someone tell me how much race retreat is for Dopey as well as the 1/2? Looking to register Thursday and I'd like to get an estimate of how much this is going to cost me.

Race Retreat for Sat & Sun is $230
Race Retreat Sat Only is $120
Race Retreat Sun Only is $120

then add the 6.6% fee

Got Dopey x2 for my husband and me. Also got the 10k for my mom but between inputting her information for the registration and paying, it switched to my name (but still her shirt size and everything). Hopefully they get back to my email soon. I called immediately and she seemed clueless and told me to email.

I don't know how crazy you want to get with this but you should stop by Disney Springs at some point. The fit2run in Disney Springs has done medal engravings in the past and there are also some very nice (and probably ridiculously expensive) medal framings featuring character art on display at Art of Disney. And there's the Christmas store there that is a good bit larger than the one in Magic Kingdom but has all the customization options.
I've never done medal engravings, but I have 3 shadow boxes from the 2012 Coast to Coast, 2015 Rebel Challenge and 2017 Kessel Run. I have to set a rule that shadow boxes are only for very special occasions otherwise, I'd end up with one for every race. Good to know about the Disney Springs Christmas store. They may have ornaments that the Magic Kingdom doesn't have.

I had my Dopey medals framed at Art of Disney in January. It was a little over $200, but they look great. Really glad I did it.
I considered the Art of Disney frame for Dark Side this year, but decided that after a shadow box for the coast to coast Kessel Run last year, I wanted a much smaller medal display for Dark Side. Dopey however is a very different story. By the way, I love how your framed art turned out.

Did the same with my first HM as I was able to have Disney artwork framed with it. I like it better than the ones I saw with vendors. Lesson learned for this year: pick my artwork at the expo, buy it then and then take it with my medals to Art of Disney instead of trying to pick it out at Art of Disney.
What are the advantages for doing it that way?

For Dark Side this year, the 5K shirts were unisex, but all the other race shirts were tech shirt and available in men's and women's cuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter