Marathon Weekend 2024

They're not After Hours exactly, but there's going to be Extended Evening Hours on Jan 3rd at MK if anyone's interested.

I need to resist the temptation of switching to a Deluxe resort :P, but for me personally, it would be a horrible idea to stay up late before doing Dopey. I'll need my sleep to survive those 4 early wakeups...

Kudos to all of you that can run on 2-3 hours of sleep!
I'm happy our APs are blocked out on the 3rd, because I'd definitely be tempted by the extended evening hours. And I can barely walk on 3hrs of sleep, never mind find my way to the start line and run

Mindless speculation time:

With the announcement of the new Frozen castle projections, do you think they will have those up for the half and full like they did with the dream lights? Or do you think we will just get a "normal" castle?

"Join in the celebration of the new “Frozen Holiday Surprise” as Olaf and more than 100 of his Snowgie siblings decorate Cinderella Castle with festive touches. Appearing live on stage in new holiday looks, Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff each bring something special to the gathering. Festivities culminate as Elsa adds sparkling finishing touches, transforming Cinderella Castle into a shimmering crystallized palace – a look that will remain throughout the evening."

I really miss the dream lights, would have made for a great photo. The projections look awful for castle photos in the dark. Thankfully the marathon had MK later in the course as that photo turned out much better for me.

IMG_3809.JPG

I love the projections for the fireworks shows but it’s disappointing that cost is clearly carrying the day. There is no projection that is ever going to match this for effect:
IMG_0761.jpeg

I’ll admit that I’m sometimes over-nostalgic, but this is a clear instance of them making a conscious choice to do things worse because it’s cheaper and easier.

I want the dream lights back :(

We’re planning on going for wine and dine next year, but if they miraculously announced that the dream lights were coming back, I’d book two additional trips - one during the Christmas season, and then for marathon weekend to run the half, and sign up through a charity. I miss the dream lights

SAFD:

Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! It is picture time! Share some pictures of your home that make your Disney fandom quite clear.

Here are mine: The welcome to our home sign, we change out the Mickey based on the season.
IMG_2155.jpeg

Literally the three coffee mugs We used yesterday. The jungle Book mug is a favorite of mine!
IMG_2156.jpeg

Our china cabinet with one of our many Minnie & Mickey plushies and our wedding cake topper. No surprise I am sure, but Disney was the theme of our wedding….
IMG_2157.jpeg

We have issues, but there goos issues! Have a good week all!

We actually don’t have a lot of pure Disney things in our house - it’s mostly Star Wars. :) But this is what you see when you first enter our house: the attraction poster wall, silhouette of our son at 1 year old, Snow White intro poster, and Great Movie Ride sign.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 40
SAFD: I have a few posters,my favorite of which is a giant fold out I bought in the 80s of the WDW resort with all the characters. I'll take a picture when I get home. I have a few funkos, my favorite is Wall-E and Eva. @Naomeri has an awesome collection! And then I have random odds and ends that just make me smile, like my new alarm clock by the shower.

Attachments

• 20231029_143131.jpg
    20231029_143131.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter