Marathon Weekend 2025

SAFD: Heat and humidity… I don’t like either and put together makes me a very grumpy runner. I much prefer to run outside, so I stick to running after work in the evenings or really early morning on the weekend to avoid the heat. I try to focus on hydration not just during a run but also throughout the day. This summer I am committing to leaving my soda vice behind so that I am drinking more coffee, err water. Seriously, though I have noticed that I run and feel so much better when I have been drinking water regularly. Soda gets in the way of that, I have been drinking way too much of it. I do use Liquid IV on run days to keep electrolytes up as a little heat equals a lot of sweat for me.

Oh, and I whine a lot…

Oh, and I whine a lot…
^ That, right there. ::yes::

Anyone new here, this is your PSA: over the next 8 months, you’re gonna see a bunch of Floridians and other southerners complain a lot. It’s okay - that’s an integral part of our heat accommodation strategy. As a trade off, we exercise great restraint in not gloating about our gorgeous running weather in winter. 😁

Southwest supposedly opened up flights through March 2025 today. Anyone else having problems with booking flights to/from MCO? I already have our flight to MCO booked, but looking for our flight home. I keep getting "unavailable" for all days in 2025.

Southwest supposedly opened up flights through March 2025 today. Anyone else having problems with booking flights to/from MCO? I already have our flight to MCO booked, but looking for our flight home. I keep getting "unavailable" for all days in 2025.
I was just coming here to report they'd released flights for MW. I didn't have any issues booking a round trip to MCO from RDU for the 7th and 14th. Not the best selection of non-stop flights, but one more thing out of the way.

For those of you booking this far out, know that flight schedules WILL change -- sometimes minutely and other times dramatically. Keep an eye on your flights and if they change to something that isn't acceptable to you IN ANY WAY, you have the right to switch with no change fees (fare difference you may owe depending on airline, fare class and your status). That is true on any airline in the US, and it is best to make the change asap after you get the notice for the most options.

I just tried again on my phone and another computer. I get the same "unavailable" error. I tried to see how far back this error goes. The first day that it actually shows a fair and not "unavailable" is August 4, 2024. So they definitely have an issue.

No trouble booking my SW flights! Except that the nonstop on Friday would get me in too late so I've had to add a night to my trip. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'll probably need to switch from POFQ to save some money.

This appears to be isolated to just booking to/from IAH for all flights. I tried to search for flights from IAH to other destinations and it's the same issue.

Just chatted with SW customer service. It is a known issue for flights from/to IAH.

Last edited:
I was just coming here to report they'd released flights for MW. I didn't have any issues booking a round trip to MCO from RDU for the 7th and 14th. Not the best selection of non-stop flights, but one more thing out of the way.
Same thing with me. I booked the ONLY non-stops available on the 7th and 14th, not my prefered times but at least it is done.
I was hoping to have the first flight out of my local airport rather than waiting later in the day when delays can begin to stack up. Plus, I'm missing valuable hours on my check-in day.

I got my flights booked. I wish SWA flew direct from Minneapolis to Orlando, but I’ll take what I can get.

I got my flights booked. I wish SWA flew direct from Minneapolis to Orlando, but I’ll take what I can get.
we're in same boat, only Alaska and United offer direct from SFO or environs. fortunately (or unfortunately) we had a bunch or flight credits from our 4 hour delay on Alaska last July, so I booked when we registered for MW.

Well, got my answer about the issues I was having with Southwest. Southwest is stopping operations out of IAH after August 4th.

Didn't read the few posts above before I posted. LOL.

Last edited:
Well, got my answer about the issues I was having with Southwest. Southwest is stopping operations out of IAH after August 4th.
I honestly didn't know that SW operated out of IAH at all until today. When I lived there, they only operated out of Hobby. I like Hobby better actually, but I realize it can be super inconvenient if you live on the north side of Houston.

Delta was actually surprisingly moderate in price this year! I think I booked mine for about 25k miles or it was less than $350 RT which isn't bad with how expensive Delta has been lately. I think I paid over $400 for Princess last year which was painful. Gone are the days of RT flights for 10k miles though :rotfl:

Anyone know if there is someone on Etsy selling shirts or shorts with this Dopey pattern? Or know where to find it?

Attachments

• dopey pattern.jpg
    dopey pattern.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 7
Delta was actually surprisingly moderate in price this year! I think I booked mine for about 25k miles or it was less than $350 RT which isn't bad with how expensive Delta has been lately. I think I paid over $400 for Princess last year which was painful. Gone are the days of RT flights for 10k miles though :rotfl:

If you have a points credit card like Chase, then one not-so-secret thing is to look for Delta availability via Virgin Atlantic or Flying Blue (Air France/KLM). Delta doesn't give them great inventory (and no First/Business), but you can often find flights for much better redemptions--especially to Europe. Couple that with the occasional transfer bonus and it can really work in your favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter