Marathon Weekend 2025

SAFD:
I've taken the habit of celebrating after each half marathon with a mimosa at a different restaurant.

So far I've done WBG, Homecomin', Whispering Canyon Café, GF Café and Cape May Café.

I'm not doing the Half at MW this year, only the 10k and Full. What will I do??

SAFD: last year I went to whispering canyon for an all I could enjoy breakfast skillet which was perfect for consuming a lot of calories and its proximity to MK. Later in the trip we went to Hoop Dee Doo for the first time and that’s definitely in consideration for the post marathon meal in 2025.

SAFD: We have almost always headed to Epcot after the marathon (after a shower and a change of clothes!) and the past couple of years we have celebrated with dinner at Biergarten. I avoided this place for years, thinking it was just a meat fest (I'm vegan) but they actually have a ton of plant based options, plenty of beer, and live entertainment. So it's become a new tradition!

SAFD: We have almost always headed to Epcot after the marathon (after a shower and a change of clothes!) and the past couple of years we have celebrated with dinner at Biergarten. I avoided this place for years, thinking it was just a meat fest (I'm vegan) but they actually have a ton of plant based options, plenty of beer, and live entertainment. So it's become a new tradition!
That’s good to know! We ate there years ago, before we stopped eating meat, and it was a lot of fun. We need to go back!

SAFD: My favourite place to celebrate post-Marathon Weekend has been with Disney Cruise Line! For every Marathon Weekend we have done (when previously available), DH and I have sailed on the Monday morning 4-nt Bahamian Cruise sailing out of Port Canaveral to also include the Castaway Cay Challenge. We usually go all-out with a concierge-level booking, champagne tasting right after boarding, dinner at Palo, brunch at either Palo or Remy (most recently Enchante on the Wish), couples spa villa treatment, and Castaway Cay Cabana if we can get one. It's luxurious to be sure, but very painful once the credit card bill comes. Totally worth it every time!

SAFD my celebration has changed over the years, used to be champagne on an AKL balcony post race followed by Jiko that night, since DD started college MW is a bring her back to school with race weekend being a second so it’s where she wants to go. We now do more of an end of year celebration post Wine and Dine with date night at Victoria and Albert’s.

SAFD: My post-race celebration always involves food. That's the only reason I run after all :rotfl:

In WDW I don't have any particular spot, but I do like to eat a special meal. Dopey was extra special this year since the marathon was on my actual birthday, and since it was a solo trip I went to dinner with some friends at Shiki-Sai which was delicious. I'm not sure I'll be able to top that this year but I'm sure I'll find something!

IMG_2290.JPG

At home, my favorite post-race (or post long run if I'm being honest) meal is usually hot pot or pho. Something about a huge bowl of soup and noodles is sooooo good after a long/hard run.

SAFD: For the last few years I have headed to MK after the marathon for a quick medal picture and a couple of easy rides (favorite post-marathon is People Mover other than the angle on the ramp up/down). Then a steak dinner, typically at Shula's, although have also done Yachtsman. Shula's wroks well because if I am solo, I can eat at the bar and enjoy. Actually thinking of mixing it up a bit this year and celbrating at Epcot afterwards, but will wait and decide as we get closer to the 60 day reservation window.

We usually have a great meal somewhere, but the restaurant varies. Back in the day, before I ran with DH, he would shower and we'd head back to Epcot to watch the last runners come through World Showcase. After my first marathon, we ate at Rose And Crown that night, and I almost fell asleep in my Potato-Leek soup! Now we usually eat a little breakfast after we shower, go to MK, have an early dinner and get to bed early. Then Monday, we will head to EPCOT To meet old and new friends for DATW.

SAFD: Usually DH has to leave on Sunday to get back to work, so a post-Dopey celebratory dinner with him is tough. When he stays, we usually do Citrico's or Jiko on Sunday night. This year, I skipped the full and we tried Victoria & Albert's the night after the 5K, as it was the only night open. The only time was 7:30pm. At 11pm when we were still there and I was falling asleep in my food, DH was kind enough to ask them to package up the desserts so I could get back and get a few hours of sleep. (I did appreciate the new non-alcoholic pairing option, however!)

If it is just me, I usually grab something at Epcot or MK, get medal photos and save the celebrating for DATW.

To further explain DATW in the context many of us intend it, it is tradition among many DISers to get together the day after the marathon to DATW together. We start at 11 at Mexico and take our time going around to Canada, with people joining and dropping as we go. It's a lot of fun, and the "D" is not required!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter