Marathon Weekend 2025

I guess here is a gear question, what hats/visors do people like? Does anyone have a child size head like me? (which honestly, the kid sizes don't fit right, just a little too small and the women's size is just a little too big).
I also have a small head like a 6 7/8" size when buying a fitted hat. Which is Super hard to find so i usually buy a 7 and its big 🤣. For running i always buy adjustable hats so i can make them smaller. I have one of the run disney nike ones i use for all seasons except summer (and i have it basically as tight as it can go). For summer months i wear a north face vented hiking hat (also as tight as it gets) but that one is a bit nicer fit cause it is packable so its soft and a little more form fitting.

I also have a small head like a 6 7/8" size when buying a fitted hat. Which is Super hard to find so i usually buy a 7 and its big 🤣. For running i always buy adjustable hats so i can make them smaller. I have one of the run disney nike ones i use for all seasons except summer (and i have it basically as tight as it can go). For summer months i wear a north face vented hiking hat (also as tight as it gets) but that one is a bit nicer fit cause it is packable so its soft and a little more form fitting.

It is hard for me to find a hat that both fits around my head (similarly in the under 7 head size range) and also doesn't come 1/2 way down my ears. I think a visor will be great with sunblock sprayed on my part.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

Did anyone in here buy the 2022 MW jacket....the blue/white one with the big foil design on the back? Specifically the men's version (no chip/dale on the back.) I'm looking for one and found a men's L (I fit what would normally be a men's M) for a good price, but the seller won't respond with any measurements and I know sometimes those ran super weird for sizes. Help?
I have an XL that have rarely worn. PM me if you are interested.

I'm not a huge hat person but I do like Headsweats and Ciele when I need them - I get too hot most of the time but can't stand rain in my eyes so a brimmed hat is a necessity for rain or snow!

My 4/6 marathon got moved to 4/20 due to snowstorm/ice, unlucky for me because we were in Orlando visiting the mouse by then! I ran a 3:50 elapsed time solo 26.4 miles on the 6th, and will take a swing at a better proof of time at a half marathon on May 19th. I'm just over 1:40 with the race I submitted at registration and honestly not super likely to run faster right now, but good motivation to get out there and try to do more than jog.

Good afternoon RunDisney All-Stars! Welcome to this week's edition of Sundays are for Disney (SAFD). A couple of weeks ago we discussed our favorite places to celebrate after the races. This week, let's go sweet in honor of Mother's Day. What are your favorite snacks at each Disney park? Of course, you're welcome to go savory if that's your preference, too!

SAFD:
A couple of parks are easy for me and a couple are tougher to pick a favorite from.

Magic Kingdom: I love cinnamon in general, so the mega cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern is an easy choice for me. Honorable mentions to the recently introduced candied bacon and the hamburger spring rolls.

Epcot: The gingerbread caramel buttercream cookie at Karamell Küche is another easy choice. The caramel popcorn from there is also a must-have.

Animal Kingdom: Nothing really stands out here for me, so I'll go with the candied cinnamon pecans.

Hollywood Studios: Another park where I don't snack much and nothing really stands out. I'll go with the frozen Coke here.

SAFD: snacking my way through the parks is my favorite, especially after a run!

MK - Nutella waffle, ice cream from auntie gravities or storybook treats depending on seasonal menus, dole whip

AK - the 50th dipped Mickey bar (Drinkwallah still has it)

Epcot - anything from Karamel Kuche, croque glace in France

Hollywood studios - wookie cookie

And gideons cakes and cookies at Disney springs! The cookies at summer house are very good too and way easier to get.

SAFD:

MK: This is a tough one but I’ll go for the classic Dole Whip
Epcot: This is even tougher. Assuming no festivals, I’ll pick chips and queso at Cava.
AK: Chicken Fried rice Yak & Yet local foods stand.
HS: A pint of beer and the charcuterie board at Baseline.

Any Park: Popcorn and a Mickey Bar

SAFD:

MK: My two favorite “breakfast” items could probably qualify as snacks. The cinnamon roll from Gaston’s and the fruit and nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow. The Peter Pan float from Storybook Treats is my favorite not currently available snack.

AK: It may seem a bit basic, but I’m a soft serve ice cream fanatic. I’ll get a chocolate and vanilla twist waffle cone (or regular cone) anywhere I can get them. I get one at the Anandapur Ice Cream truck at least once per trip to AK. I have eaten soft serve at various parks in Disney at 9 AM, in temps under 50 degrees F, when it’s raining, and any combination thereof. There is never a wrong time.

HS: I’ll first mention that Epic Eats always gets a stop for my previously mentioned soft serve. Most of the time for a waffle cone, but sometimes I’ll get one of the funnel cake and soft serve combinations to eat while watching Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. My first savory snack goes back to breakfast at Ronto Roasters for the Triple Suns Breakfast Wrap. It is the plant-based breakfast wrap and I ordered it by mistake once and now I order it on purpose. I can’t really go wrong with any of the wraps at Ronto Roasters though, as long as they count as a snack.

Epcot: I almost look at everything at Epcot as a snack, particularly with so many festivals. A lot of things from different fests would fit this list, but my primary #1 stop at Epcot for snacks is Les Halles. It was once my family’s secret spot to start the day; now it is everyone’s 😆. I could eat pretty much anything in the display. My favorite used to be the Palmier, but I’m not sure whether it’s still an offering. Usually get one or two things and it varies by visit. The apricot pastry i had in January was really good.

SAFD: i sadly have allergies that dont allow me to eat 90% of the "snacks" at rhe parks so these are my favorites (but also the only ones i can eat 🤣)

MK: popcorn
AK: sugar free strawberry popscicle
EPCOT: chips and guac in mex (or a diablo marg) although the tajin pineapple spear from a festival a few years ago was the BEST! Always hoping that will come back
HS: also popcorn 🤣

Really it pretty much popcorn everywhere. I think the popscicles are available at multiple parks but i seem to only get it at animal. Ecpot is really the only place i can have unique snacks since festivals often can accomodate allergies more so than the "snack" carts.

Popcorn, pretty much everywhere. I love it. It’s cheap. Win win!

I also like the pretzels from Baseline and the giant cookie ice cream sandwiches, which I’m not even sure if they have anymore.

Another one that I adore is the baguette from Les Halles, so much that I plan to have someone hand me one during the marathon.

It’s cheap.
What is this "cheap" word? I'm sure that's not a thing at WDW.

Anyhow.... Not one to snack/eat much in the parks. But at MK, Dole Whip is a must have, and the baked potato cart used to be a reliable cheap snack/lunch. Huh, guess you can find cheap! 😁

At Epcot, I've occasionally had the School Bread at Norway--I like the fact that it is not the same old stuff you can get everywhere else.

Can't think of anything else in the parks that I would consider a must have, but I would make a trip to AKL to have the special 50th anniversary Ghanian Chocolate Mousse tart at The Mara.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter