March 2016 Pre Trip and Trip reports

Done it each time and told as long as we were not in the walkway between the two walls we were fine. These two spots of low stone wall are only about 4-5 feet long each and located on either side of one of the entrances to Pecos Bills.

Oh that song. First rode that ride 16 years ago and am still singing that song. o_O Enjoying the TR Ed!!

I just realized I'm the shmuck who scheduled a 12 noon lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern immediately followed by a 1-2pm FP for Space Mountain.

Poor planning on my part. :-(

Bama Ed

I just realized I'm the shmuck who scheduled a 12 noon lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern immediately followed by a 1-2pm FP for Space Mountain.

Poor planning on my part. :-(

Bama Ed
Might be poor planning for the folks BEHIND you on Space Mountain!
images

Hello Everyone! It's been a long dreary 14+ hour work day here in La! I am tired!!!
I get to go home to pack tonight:) Then tomorrow is my last work day before our trip! :cool1: DH is at home installing the light hook-up on the new Jeep for towing. We were suppose to get a new windshield for the RV, but they glass store ordered one, and when they got it in , it was cracked. So...we will be coming to the Fort with a big ole cracked windshield! It's a perfect circle, looks like a rock was thrown right at it. We assume a lawnmower was the culprit. They said to order a new would take a week...too long for us, we need to be at Disney by that time.

Thanks to all who are posting pictures! That's great for us folks back at home! And the trip reports are awesome!

Ed - Hope you enjoy "Mickey Town"! aka Magic Kingdom! My DS4 loves to call it that:)

It's been a long dreary 14+ hour work day here in La!

We were suppose to get a new windshield for the RV, but they glass store ordered one, and when they got it in , it was cracked. So...we will be coming to the Fort with a big ole cracked windshield! It's a perfect circle,
Sounds like the Fort will be a well deserved rest... or at least, not work...

I had never seen one of the "circle" breaks until it happened to my race car. We were racing at Heartland Park in Topeka. The track is notoriously hard on tires and windshields. I came into impound after the race and the steward at the scales pointed to my windshield. I never noticed when we were on track.

windshield%201_zpswxm6g1t8.jpg~original
windshield_zpsmxhakq5u.jpg~original

The inner circle is about the size of a small apple. The outer about the size of a grapefruit. We started running Lexan windshields after this. They scratch but won't break.

j

We've settled into site 2067 - not the greatest site but a site at the Fort is still a great thing. There was no one at the check in but we had no luck when requesting another site but the Fort is swarming with people and bikes!

We met up with a couple of our friends and are now doing the rookie move of cooking in the dark. I'm sure we will be eating burnt but raw chicken:)

Not sure if we will make it to the beach for fireworks but I want to!!!! I am so glad to be here. It's been a crazy, hectic, overwhelming month and this is the perfect cure.

Looking forward to meeting anyone - we've got drinks and food!

We are here. First time I have received the text that our site is ready and we can skip checkin. Arrived around 3, drove through the returning guest lane and straight to our site. Very nice and fast, except I miss not getting my Welcome packet. Of course I still have mine from last trip, so no worries. Wifi is working great. Good thing, so I can go back and look at the posted March movie & activity schedule. First site was 1730, but it was directly next to the CS, so I called and asked to be moved to the empty site next door, 1728. No problem. Nice site with lots of room on both sides so we can spread out. Will post some pictures tomorrow. Sisters family is in the 1900 loop, right behind our loop. We weren't here 20 minutes and I hear AUNT TERRI!!! It my niece and nephew riding scooters over to see us and my nephew fell and hit his head right on the eyebrow bone......blood everywhere! What a way to start our trip. Cleaned him up, put some steri strips across it, called his mom and sent him back to his site. Neiko, our boxer, is adjusting well, this is his first Fort trip. TV is scanning for channels, maybe it will be done before bed. Will check in tomorrow. Good night.

We are here. First time I have received the text that our site is ready and we can skip checkin. Arrived around 3, drove through the returning guest lane and straight to our site. Very nice and fast, except I miss not getting my Welcome packet. Of course I still have mine from last trip, so no worries. Wifi is working great. Good thing, so I can go back and look at the posted March movie & activity schedule. First site was 1730, but it was directly next to the CS, so I called and asked to be moved to the empty site next door, 1728. No problem. Nice site with lots of room on both sides so we can spread out. Will post some pictures tomorrow. Sisters family is in the 1900 loop, right behind our loop. We weren't here 20 minutes and I hear AUNT TERRI!!! It my niece and nephew riding scooters over to see us and my nephew fell and hit his head right on the eyebrow bone......blood everywhere! What a way to start our trip. Cleaned him up, put some steri strips across it, called his mom and sent him back to his site. Neiko, our boxer, is adjusting well, this is his first Fort trip. TV is scanning for channels, maybe it will be done before bed. Will check in tomorrow. Good night.

Glad you've arrived safe as well. Sorry about the nephew and his crash.

Nothing says "camping" like knee abrasions and facial injuries...

Sounds like the Fort will be a well deserved rest... or at least, not work...

I had never seen one of the "circle" breaks until it happened to my race car. We were racing at Heartland Park in Topeka. The track is notoriously hard on tires and windshields. I came into impound after the race and the steward at the scales pointed to my windshield. I never noticed when we were on track.

windshield%201_zpswxm6g1t8.jpg~original
windshield_zpsmxhakq5u.jpg~original

The inner circle is about the size of a small apple. The outer about the size of a grapefruit. We started running Lexan windshields after this. They scratch but won't break.

j

Hi Teamubr - That's exactly what it looks like! I mean exactly. Ours may be a little larger than a grapefruit though...We had never seen it either. So you race? or did race? My son-in-law races. He has been racing Legends and now his Dad bought a late model. SIL is really good, or at least he's always winning really tall trophies. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter