March 2020 Beyond the Parks Exercise Challenge

We lucked out. The tornadoes hit a couple of hours east of us. It's terrible how much damage Nashville and Cookeville received. I hate it for them. We have to be in Nashville in a little over a week, and I'm not looking forward to seeing the devastation in person.
Glad you are safe!

Understand entirely about driving through an area of devastation. For years we would feel the sorrow of Hurricane Camille when driving "home" to visit family. Mental pictures of foundations, porches and "steps to nowhere" remain burned in my memory.

Back to WDW Pools ... I also enjoy the Dolphin’s pool area given the caves and grottos, of sorts.

SWAN_grottoslide.jpg

005005f7eef058b205fbe3871311cc01.jpg

bf990a2c-582a0eb0.jpg

(I don’t own any of these images. These were borrowed/linked from various sources as found on Google search > Images.)
Wow! I've never seen the pool area at the Dolphin before. It looks really cool!

I did a little clean up in the yard today, but not enough to constitute exercise, so I came in the house and did 30 minutes on my exercise bike.
350/800

Hi all ! Boy, have you guys been busy while I was away! My math skills got quite a workout! And we have loads of color changes! Jumping into Pool Purple are PollyannaMom, Sophy1996, Cinderbrella 1, Elizabeth Smith, Twilight Sparkle and PrincessFionasmom!
And all the way into Spa Sapphire are CMDisney and bwvBound!!!!!!
This brings the team to Pool Purple! :Pinkbounc Good for us!!!!
Elizabeth Smith, you had such a tough experience. I hope your next job is a better fit for you. Getting your hands in the dirt is a real therapy, though!
bwvBound, loving the horse stories! Your poor mare! I was at Moonlight Magic at AK in February - it was so great! You'll have a ball!
Princessfionasmom, I was in Massachussetts for that beautiful weather - it was extremely weird to not wear a coat! I remember times when I couldn't wear enough layers when we visited.

On a personal note, I want to thank you all for your kind words. The support of friends, near and far, means so much in tough times. :love:

Back to our pool tour!
Thanks, bwvBound for that beautiful tour of the pool at the Dolphin. I stayed there years ago and don't remember that lovely waterfall. All I do remember is getting lost on the food court level! I left my daughter in the ice cream parlor, and couldn't find my way back. :rolleyes2
At the Coronado Springs pool, we’ll be transported to the Lost City of Cibola. The Mayan temple ruins and the 50 foot pyramid above the pool

Who wouldn’t want to be a pirate - at least for a day? You can live that fantasy at the pool at Caribbean Beach Resort! Styled like a Spanish colonial fort, this pool even has cannons! Arrrrgggh, matey!

This brings the team to Pool Purple! :Pinkbounc Good for us!!!!
Congratulations, all! Yeah!
I've found posting here to be a huge help in meeting my Watch's challenge. I probably would have blown off this Monthly Challenge (from the Watch) if it were not for the frequent participation here. Thank you, @BonnieF, for hosting and all for the participation! Whee!
bwvBound, loving the horse stories! Your poor mare! I was at Moonlight Magic at AK in February - it was so great! You'll have a ball!
I had hoped my horse stories weren't unwelcome. Being conservative, I omitted a good one from yesterday but will now tell it, given the encouragement. :)

My missing gloves!
Yesterday, given a respite between rain storms, I took the tractor out to harrow the paddocks and yard. The reasons were many: to create loft in the paddock soil which encourages the horses to roll; to create furrows in the yard to catch this lovely rain; and to churn up the manure in places where it had been previously scattered and sun dried. In the task, I'd moved quite a few fencing panels and left the paddock in a "new configuration" allowing the horses a longer space to run.

Later, I saw one of the fence panels had fallen and two horses were standing over the panel. Oh, no! Had they been hit? Were they caught? I stopped the tractor and ran to the paddock. (Aside, my heart was racing; my feet were running; but I was not in workout mode on the watch!) I quickly pulled off my heavy work gloves to fumble with the paddock gate's lock and reached the horses. Phew, all is well. The two curious critters had likely pulled the panel down and were now investigating their efforts. Yes, one of the two was my spirit mare, my heart-and-soul horse. Both horses were fine.

I returned to the tractor. Where are my gloves? I remember taking them off in order to finger the gate lock ... but where are they? I retraced my steps twice; checked my pockets; checked the tractor seat, floor and ground nearby. No gloves. I gave up and resumed my tractor work in oddly naked hands.

As I drove the tractor around the backstretch of the paddock I see the mare. She was waving my glove in her teeth. It was very intentional; almost to say, "Hey, human! Are you missing your hand?" LOL, literally; it was a good belly laugh. Thank you, mare; yes, I had lost my hand!

Epcot Moonlight Magic: Yes! So looking forward to this! We will have only 1 park day for this trip ... so the ability to enter as a DVC perk becomes extra magical.

Back to our pool tour!
Thanks, bwvBound for that beautiful tour of the pool at the Dolphin. I stayed there years ago and don't remember that lovely waterfall. All I do remember is getting lost on the food court level! I left my daughter in the ice cream parlor, and couldn't find my way back. :rolleyes2
At the Coronado Springs pool, we’ll be transported to the Lost City of Cibola. The Mayan temple ruins and the 50 foot pyramid above the pool

View attachment 480486View attachment 480484

Who wouldn’t want to be a pirate - at least for a day? You can live that fantasy at the pool at Caribbean Beach Resort! Styled like a Spanish colonial fort, this pool even has cannons! Arrrrgggh, matey!

View attachment 480488View attachment 480487
Lost in the Dolphin: Understandable! I now know it quite well thanks to 15 years of attending tech conferences centered in that hotel. (I say 'centered' as in peak years the conference spilled over to include the Swan, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. I think we were 20k attendees at the height?)

Thanks for the tour of the Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach pools. I've pool hopped to CBR and have walked the grounds at Coronado Springs while longing to jump into its lovely pools! Someday, I will pool hop to Coronado Springs! Maybe in the May trip given our limited park time? Hmmmm ... splish splash!

Congratulations, all! Yeah!
I've found posting here to be a huge help in meeting my Watch's challenge. I probably would have blown off this Monthly Challenge (from the Watch) if it were not for the frequent participation here. Thank you, @BonnieF, for hosting and all for the participation! Whee!
I had hoped my horse stories weren't unwelcome. Being conservative, I omitted a good one from yesterday but will now tell it, given the encouragement. :)

My missing gloves!
Yesterday, given a respite between rain storms, I took the tractor out to harrow the paddocks and yard. The reasons were many: to create loft in the paddock soil which encourages the horses to roll; to create furrows in the yard to catch this lovely rain; and to churn up the manure in places where it had been previously scattered and sun dried. In the task, I'd moved quite a few fencing panels and left the paddock in a "new configuration" allowing the horses a longer space to run.

Later, I saw one of the fence panels had fallen and two horses were standing over the panel. Oh, no! Had they been hit? Were they caught? I stopped the tractor and ran to the paddock. (Aside, my heart was racing; my feet were running; but I was not in workout mode on the watch!) I quickly pulled off my heavy work gloves to fumble with the paddock gate's lock and reached the horses. Phew, all is well. The two curious critters had likely pulled the panel down and were now investigating their efforts. Yes, one of the two was my spirit mare, my heart-and-soul horse. Both horses were fine.

I returned to the tractor. Where are my gloves? I remember taking them off in order to finger the gate lock ... but where are they? I retraced my steps twice; checked my pockets; checked the tractor seat, floor and ground nearby. No gloves. I gave up and resumed my tractor work in oddly naked hands.

As I drove the tractor around the backstretch of the paddock I see the mare. She was waving my glove in her teeth. It was very intentional; almost to say, "Hey, human! Are you missing your hand?" LOL, literally; it was a good belly laugh. Thank you, mare; yes, I had lost my hand!

Epcot Moonlight Magic: Yes! So looking forward to this! We will have only 1 park day for this trip ... so the ability to enter as a DVC perk becomes extra magical.

Lost in the Dolphin: Understandable! I now know it quite well thanks to 15 years of attending tech conferences centered in that hotel. (I say 'centered' as in peak years the conference spilled over to include the Swan, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. I think we were 20k attendees at the height?)

Thanks for the tour of the Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach pools. I've pool hopped to CBR and have walked the grounds at Coronado Springs while longing to jump into its lovely pools! Someday, I will pool hop to Coronado Springs! Maybe in the May trip given our limited park time? Hmmmm ... splish splash!

Love the mare and glove story. One of our horses would likely snort and side jump at the glove expecting it to kill him at any moment. The other would just ignore it and move on while looking disdainfully unimpressed.

Glad you are safe!

Understand entirely about driving through an area of devastation. For years we would feel the sorrow of Hurricane Camille when driving "home" to visit family. Mental pictures of foundations, porches and "steps to nowhere" remain burned in my memory.

Thanks!

That does sound like a sad landscape to drive through.

Current status: 2121/3500

Today was heavy rain with multiple alerts to my phone of flash flood warnings. Indeed, the driveway and road are worse for the wear. Moved lots of dirt and mud today in my cart; arms are tired! Still need to revisit the horses before I turn in ... more rain expected overnight.

Adding 40 minutes from tonight to bring me to 390/800.

I stayed at Coronado Springs as a kid and I LOVED the pool. It was a little crowded, but so fun. But honestly, from the photos, Carribean Beach almost looks cooler? I stayed there one night as a bridesmaid in a friend's Disney wedding, but sadly, there was no time to enjoy the resort. One of the worst weekends ever, being at Disney but unable to enjoy any of the resort!
🤣 🤣 🤣

I stayed at Coronado Springs as a kid and I LOVED the pool. It was a little crowded, but so fun. But honestly, from the photos, Carribean Beach almost looks cooler? I stayed there one night as a bridesmaid in a friend's Disney wedding, but sadly, there was no time to enjoy the resort. One of the worst weekends ever, being at Disney but unable to enjoy any of the resort!
Ummm ... is there is a story lurking here?

I haven't checked the rules lately ... but both of these are available for pool hopping to DVC members staying on points, right? If so, they'd be a fun way to pass a non-park day while staying elsewhere on property.

Current status: 2279/3500 (65%)

More rain, more mud, again wrestling with the extra-heavy manure carts. Muck, muck, muck. Took one of the senior horses for a walkabout and returned to find the others going nuts looking for him. On one hand, it was a bit out of control; on the other hand, it is nice to know they look out for one another.

This time the walkabout was at the senior's pace; I wasn't trying to meet any Apple Watch challenges. He loved it. He stood and spent time listening to the voices of chickens, ducks, geese and other avian life from the farm across the road. He found a lovely rolling spot and relished in that moment. He seemed grateful for the personal 1-on-1 time. :)

Per the watch:
  • Active Calories: 1266
  • Exercise Minutes: 152 (all of it outside in the rain!)
  • Standing Hours: 15
  • Steps: 14,573; 7.4 miles
  • Flights Climbed: 15
For those tracking Apple's Move Streak, mine is now at 1174. (I'm admittedly somewhat rabid about closing my rings!!)

I am still around. Been very crazy. I am now working from home with kids and DH home as well. DH always works from home. Thankfully I am feeling much better other then the anxiety. We are putting a schedule together for all of us to start Monday that will include at least a 1 hour walk at lunch time. We will most likely will walk in the afternoon as well. Need something to keep us moving.

I am still around. Been very crazy. I am now working from home with kids and DH home as well. DH always works from home. Thankfully I am feeling much better other then the anxiety. We are putting a schedule together for all of us to start Monday that will include at least a 1 hour walk at lunch time. We will most likely will walk in the afternoon as well. Need something to keep us moving.
Glad you are feeling better. :sunny:
Care to borrow a horse? They will, most certainly, keep you moving! (ha, ha, ha)

Happy Saturday! Hoping this finds you all well stocked up with hand sanitizer and toilet paper:P
In all this craziness, I'm glad we have our little blog to keep us sane!
We have some color changes to report!
Ljcrochet is our first remember to reach 100% and Disney Denim!! Congratulations!:yay:
At 50% and Spa Sapphire are Elizabeth Smith and bwvBound!
All the hard work brings the team to 40%! Way to go, you guys!!!

Let’s finish our pool tour at some the best pools for the kiddies. The Big Blue Pool at Art of Animation is perfect for the little ones! It’s the largest pool in all of WDW - and that’s really saying something! The kids will have a ball splashing under giant Finding Nemo characters, getting sprayed in the Schoolyard Sprayground and swimming, swimming in Squirt’s Righteous Reef!
The Polynesian Resort can claim a giant, 42 foot waterslide! And you have to climb a volcano to reach it! Sounds like just the place to take a refreshing dip in the evening and watch the fireworks at a the Magic Kingdom. Who could resist!
Bay Cove Pool, at my home resort of Bay Lake Tower, is perfect for the little ones. The pool itself is zero-entry, making it perfect for all ages. There’s fun splash area for the littlest ones, and a great 123 ft. Slide for the older kids. Lots of seating, and a tiny sand beach lakeside make it a great place to relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter