Marching Ahead! March 2024 Exercise Thread

Weekly Update (I like to keep stats from Sunday through Saturday). So here goes...

Sunday: 3.3 miles, 51 minutes (both new highs for me plus, I basically walked a 5K);
Monday: 3.7 miles, 56 minutes (reset my new highs, lol);
Tuesday: 2.55 miles, 34 minutes (just took it easy since I had pushed the 2 previous days, plus, I was really, really sore from basketball Monday and Tuesday and walking Sunday and Monday);
Wednesday: LAME!!! Lazy!!! 0 miles, 0 minutes (but I did play basketball for 20 minutes);
Thursday: 0 miles, 0 minutes (rained all day)
Friday: 1.68 miles, 24 minutes;
Saturday: 4.17 miles, 63 minutes (both new personal records as I pushed myself a little harder today since I might not get to walk tomorrow and didn't walk 2 days this wee).
Weekly Totals: 15.4 miles, 228 minutes;
Month to date total: 33.75 miles, 507 minutes (507/600)

BonnieF is jumping into Overture Orange, sophy1996 and WDW_fan_in_TX are at Piccolo Pink, and ShannyMcB has reached Percussion Purple!

The Main Street Philharmonic delights guests with classic songs like Take Me Out to the Ballgame and Seventy-Six Trombones, as I mentioned in a previous post. They also play a great mix of Disney tunes like Under the Sea and Be Our Guest. During the holidays the band can be heard playing many of the popular tunes of the season, including Santa Claus is Coming to Town with which they encourage the crowd to sing along.

In addition to their normal shows they also participate in the daily Flag Retreat Ceremony in Town Square. During the ceremony they play a version of The Star Spangled Banner that is said to be quite moving. The ceremony ends with the Philharmonic playing a medley of songs to honor the different branches of the United States Armed Forces.

Color changes all around. I and the Team have reached Piccolo Pink. sophy1996 is Ragtime Red. And piglet1979 is the first to reach Grand Green!

This article (from 2013) details some of the history of the music of Main Street U.S.A. I learned that the original Walt Disney World Band was a 20 piece ensemble, expanded from the 16 member group in Disneyland, and was replaced in 2000 by the Main Street Philharmonic.

1711512635319.png

I'm sorry I bailed on this month. There was an unexpected death in my family towards the end of Feb, and the loss has been difficult. I don't know when I will be back here fully, but I miss you all and hope you are doing well.
We've missed you too. So sorry to hear of your loss. I will be thinking of you in my prayers. Take all the time you need! <3

I'm sorry I bailed on this month. There was an unexpected death in my family towards the end of Feb, and the loss has been difficult. I don't know when I will be back here fully, but I miss you all and hope you are doing well.

I’m so sorry to hear that. Thank you for letting us know; I was a bit worried since you’re such a regular. Please take care of yourself.

Do you know about the other Marching Band that played at Disneyland? The All-American College Band was comprised of 21 musicians from colleges and universities across the country. They spent 11 weeks during the summertime as cast members after beating out hundreds of other hopeful students for the coveted positions. The A-ACB was suspended in 2020 and 2021 due the pandemic but returned in 2022 to celebrate the band's 50th anniversary.

1711602283111.png
The official instagram account for the All-American College Band's last post indicates that they are once again on hiatus. Who knows if this band will return to the parks again?

+85

1200/1200

I did know about the college band but I did not know it was back on hiatus. Hope they bring it back sometime!

Congrats to sophy1996 for reaching Grand Green!

Tonight, I'm posting from my phone on an air mattress in Charles's bedroom. He had an allergic reaction and spent the evening in the ER getting antihistamines and steroids. I'm sleeping in his room to keep a closer eye on things. He seems to be doing well! So I'll do the lazy thing and share a youtube video of a Main St Philharmonic performance!

Have been on vacation, so catching up on posting from before, during, and after:

Mon-3/18 - 12
Tue-3/19 - 0
Wed-3/20 - 18
Thu-3/21 - 10
Fri-3/22 - 0
Sat-3/23 - 15
Sun-3/24 - 60
Mon-3/25 - 145
Tue-3/26 - 170
Wed-3/27 - 0
Thu-3/28 - 0
Fri-3/29 - 20
Sat-3/30 - 15
Sun-3/31 - 15
---------------------
480 new minutes
for a final total of 775/600

We went to Florida from the 21st to the 27th to visit family and get a Disney fix. (The park days were Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday, and I counted 1/3 of time there as a guess at walking minutes.)

:hug: @Twilight Sparkle and @Elizabeth Smith :hug:

🐰 Happy Easter, Everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter