Marie and Steve's 2007 Florida Holiday

What about the Segway tour at Epcot on our birthday?, me & Gavin did this last Oct and had a blast.

:)

Jodie

Great start , love your pre trip report
looking forward to hearing all about your plans

Great pre trippie :thumbsup2

Have you been on the Animal Kingdom Lodge thread here on the dis? There is lots of information and it's helped me with my planning

Great pre trippie :thumbsup2

Have you been on the Animal Kingdom Lodge thread here on the dis? There is lots of information and it's helped me with my planning

You would not beleive the amount of time i have spent on this site (and others) looking for all the details i can about AKL. I like to be able to picture where i am going so that i can imagine myself there!:yay: I know that's probably a bit mad but that way i seem to be even more invested in the holiday by the time i get there

i'm just getting into mega planning mode as well. Not booked my ADRs yet though.

i'm just getting into mega planning mode as well. Not booked my ADRs yet though.

I am soo looking forward to our ADRS. I honestly didn't realise any of these places existed until i found the DIS. Or that you needed to make reservations to eat in your own hotel!!

I think i am most looking forward to California Grill - birthday fireworks!!! Could it get any better?:goodvibes

Make sure you pick up your Birthday pin at MK on your birthday. And its worth a fax to AKL to let them know its your birthday while you're staying with them "in case they get any messages to pass on". I didn't get any from family, (because they gave me all by cards etc. before we went) but I DID get a card and balloons from Princess Aurora, plus DH and I got an anniversary card and abllons from Mickey and Minnie (it was our 15th).

Depending how energetic you are, you could book breakfast somewhere so you get in before the park opens and walk through a nearly empty park (don't try it if its extra magic hour!)

Make sure you pick up your Birthday pin at MK on your birthday. And its worth a fax to AKL to let them know its your birthday while you're staying with them "in case they get any messages to pass on". I didn't get any from family, (because they gave me all by cards etc. before we went) but I DID get a card and balloons from Princess Aurora, plus DH and I got an anniversary card and abllons from Mickey and Minnie (it was our 15th).

Depending how energetic you are, you could book breakfast somewhere so you get in before the park opens and walk through a nearly empty park (don't try it if its extra magic hour!)
Thanks for the advice:thumbsup2 my husband wants me to make sure (note me! not him!;) ) that my birthday is good this year. I had my birthday in Florida last year but it was the hottest day we were there and we didn't manage to do much!

I will definately get a birthday pin - the AKL faxing idea also sounds great. I will do that too!!!!

Where would you recommend for a birthday breakfast? i really like the idea of a half empty park!

I'm off into town in a minute to go and pay the final balance of the holiday!!!:banana: :banana:

We're off to Dublin next Monday to go shopping for holiday clothes, as well as playing tourist as my husbands never been. I will do a mini report when i come back:goodvibes

Oh.. and by the way.... 38 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there, just found your pre-trip report and its looking fab. You mentioned that you are a big Winnie the Pooh fan so what about going to breakfast at the Crystal Palace on your birthday? Its in the Magic Kingdom and you could try to make an ADR for 8am, that way you can see the park deserted and have breakfast with Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore and Piglet, i think the food is fab here, enjoy your planning:goodvibes

I really hope so!!!! I think i'm actually more excited about this trip now i know what to expect then i was last year when it was my first:confused3

I truely beleive that your more excited once you've been, there's no such thing as 'been there, done that' when it comes to WDW. Now you've been the addiction has been fed and it wants more!

My first trip flew by in a blur, I had read (& re-read) The Brits Guide but the help from this site was invaluable for my 2nd & 3rd trip's which were alot more memorable as I slowed down and took my time a bit more.

You should def' go for Crystal Palace on your birthday, it's on my must do list for next year as it suits us all, Kim & Nat love Eeyore & Piglet, Me & Dom love buffets & empty park photo's and Dan & Gavin will so as thier told!

Jodie

I truely beleive that your more excited once you've been, there's no such thing as 'been there, done that' when it comes to WDW. Now you've been the addiction has been fed and it wants more!

My first trip flew by in a blur, I had read (& re-read) The Brits Guide but the help from this site was invaluable for my 2nd & 3rd trip's which were alot more memorable as I slowed down and took my time a bit more.

You should def' go for Crystal Palace on your birthday, it's on my must do list for next year as it suits us all, Kim & Nat love Eeyore & Piglet, Me & Dom love buffets & empty park photo's and Dan & Gavin will so as thier told!

Jodie

I completely agree (although i haven't actually put it to the test yet!) I know what i like and don't, where the best food is, what to avoid now. All i have to do is fit it all in!!!

Is Crystal Palace somewhere you can go without kids and not feel out of place. I really like the idea of my birthday breakfast being there but, i don't want to be uncomfortable if it's odd that we are just a couple

No you wouldn't feel out of place at all, I went with ex-DH last summer and it was fine, I've seen plenty of all adult parties there, and the characters were just as lovely to us as they were to kids, give it a go:goodvibes

Hi Marie

Thanks for sharing your pre-trip report with us. We stayed at the AKL in September and thought it was fantastic. I was a bit sceptical about how many animals you would see from the balcony but I needn't have been, we saw giraffes every day and many other animals. One friendly ankole cattle even settled down to sleep under our balcony a couple of nights! If you have any questions about the AKL, please feel free to PM me.

Winnie the Pooh is my favourite too and me and Andy are booked in for the Crystal Palace this year too - I can't wait!

Laur's princess:

Hi Marie

Thanks for sharing your pre-trip report with us. We stayed at the AKL in September and thought it was fantastic. I was a bit sceptical about how many animals you would see from the balcony but I needn't have been, we saw giraffes every day and many other animals. One friendly ankole cattle even settled down to sleep under our balcony a couple of nights! If you have any questions about the AKL, please feel free to PM me.

Winnie the Pooh is my favourite too and me and Andy are booked in for the Crystal Palace this year too - I can't wait!

Laur's princess:

Thanks for the offer - i honestly don't know what i would ask. I'm not too concerned about the specifics of the resort - i just want to know about the beauty of the place and whether it will be as special as it seems. I like to try and imagine myself in places!!! I may have to bombard you with questions!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter