Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

Im seeing prices around $750 per person. You would have to move your dates quite a bit to get that down. March 10 to 18th gets you to the mid 500's
:sad2: holy cow, that's nuts! We can't change the dates too much as my daughter cannot miss her dance classes at all so we have to do right around March Break. We looked at July and driving but I'm scared of how hot it will be then.

We travel in August each year, yes, it's hot, but the afternoon rain breaks up the day. When we went in April twice we hit heat waves of 94. So 94 in April is the same as 94 in August. It's not as bad as what you think. I don't like overpaying for airfare, so getting a deal on a connecting flight in the summer (and not missing time in school or dance, etc.) is preferred. Just some thoughts.

A couple of months ago we missed a good price from Halifax to Orlando and I was already to pay the higher price; lo and behold I looked yesterday and it was back down. $222, taxes in on US Air April 7. I would have paid the $313, so now I am quite happy. Now to find a flight home.

As some of you know, I'm not a fan of flying out of Bangor. Not because of the airport, but because Portland is cheaper. I noticed that United is seasonally flying into BGR and out. This might be of interest, especially to my NB friends. Here is an example Nov 4th to the 18th, 4 people, $965 US return. This is a good price!

Tue., Nov. 4, 2014 | Bangor, ME (BGR) to Orlando, FL (MCO)
Depart:
5:19 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 4, 2014
Bangor, ME (BGR)
Arrive:
7:01 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 4, 2014
Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
Flight Time:
2 hr 42 mn
Distance:
974 miles
Flight:UA3625

Change Planes. Connect time in Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare) is 54 minutes.
Depart:
7:55 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 4, 2014
Arrive:
11:37 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 4, 2014
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Flight Time:
2 hr 42 mn

Travel Time:
6 hr 18 mn
Distance:
1,005 miles
Total Distance:
1,979 miles
Flight: UA1482
Aircraft: Boeing 737-900
Fare Class: United Economy (N)

Tue., Nov. 18, 2014 | Orlando, FL (MCO) to Bangor, ME (BGR)
Depart:
8:04 a.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Arrive:
10:02 a.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Flight Time:
2 hr 58 mn
Distance:
1,005 miles
Flight:UA1057
Aircraft: Boeing 737-900

Change Planes. Connect time in Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare) is 3 hours 8 minutes.
Depart:
1:10 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Arrive:
4:44 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Bangor, ME (BGR)
Flight Time:
2 hr 34 mn

Travel Time:
8 hr 40 mn
Distance:
974 miles
Total Distance:
1,979 miles
Flight: UA3625
Operated by GoJet Airlines dba United Express.
Aircraft: Canadair Regional Jet 700

I have another option of dates now. If anyone sees any deals out of Halifax for April 27-May 5 please let me know :)

Just booked flights for NB March Break.... a couple days earlier to avoid the higher rates, flying out of Portland Me.

Thursday, Feb.26th departure 12:30pm Arrival 7:30pm Orlando.
Thursday Mar.5th departure 7:25pm arrive in Portland midnight.
4 x $287.US = $1148 US. No bag fees on Southwest Airlines

We would have liked to try the shorter drive to Bangor for a change but a couple weeks back we watched as our "perfect" dates/times increased over $200 per flight over a 2 day period..... just couldn't afford to pull the trigger at the time.

I have another option of dates now. If anyone sees any deals out of Halifax for April 27-May 5 please let me know :)

I see Delta for $420 a person for those dates, If you can come back one day later .. it drops to $388. again Delta

Just booked flights for NB March Break.... a couple days earlier to avoid the higher rates, flying out of Portland Me. Thursday, Feb.26th departure 12:30pm Arrival 7:30pm Orlando. Thursday Mar.5th departure 7:25pm arrive in Portland midnight. 4 x $287.US = $1148 US. No bag fees on Southwest Airlines We would have liked to try the shorter drive to Bangor for a change but a couple weeks back we watched as our "perfect" dates/times increased over $200 per flight over a 2 day period..... just couldn't afford to pull the trigger at the time.

The fare I flagged above, is the first example of a fare that I saw out out BGR that I would take .... that being said. Feb to March would be hard to get a deal out of BGR. Southwest with no bag fees and their customer friendly rules, the price and options for park and fly make Portland a great choice.

Yes.... I was happy with $287.US per person and no bag fees.

We've done the Park & Stay from Portland the past 2 times and it's totally do-able.

Agreed, hard to find a "deal" for March break pricing, but this is pretty good in my opinion.

Dallas

The fare I flagged above, is the first example of a fare that I saw out out BGR that I would take .... that being said. Feb to March would be hard to get a deal out of BGR. Southwest with no bag fees and their customer friendly rules, the price and options for park and fly make Portland a great choice.

Is the Delta flight out of Halifax direct? If so, is it only certain days of the week. We are looking at going in March 2015. Hoping to use points and fly from Charlottetown, but no such luck.
I am going to see if Air Transat has their prices out yet.

Melissa

Is the Delta flight out of Halifax direct? If so, is it only certain days of the week. We are looking at going in March 2015. Hoping to use points and fly from Charlottetown, but no such luck. I am going to see if Air Transat has their prices out yet. Melissa

Nope. Delta flights are never direct.

Are you able to book kids fares on Southwest airlines online? I don't see the option.

I believe Southwest considers anyone over 2 to be an "Adult", so it doesn't appear as though they have special fares for little ones.

Has anyone here flown out of ORH (Worchester, MA)? I'm looking my next deal .... any thoughts?

Newbie here. I booked 2 adults 2 children for the NB March break on Southwest out of Manchester,NH (MHT) about another hour from Portland to MCO leaving March 3rd for 7 nights $956USD.

Just popping in to see if some of the Atlantic Canadian folk would like to meet up and contribute to the commitment that the DIS has made to Give Kids the World............

We are very excited to announce that the Nova Scotia DIS Meet for GKTW is a go for our 4th year. Given that only 3 of us plan this meet and work with other charities/ groups AND given that one of us is a farmer, our date choices are minimal. We have had to move our event this year and our go to date is July 12, 2015. That is a Sunday and as always, there will be events starting on Friday. More to come on those early in the new year. We realize that people like to plan their vacations around our event as well as tour on their own so we announced our date early. Start planning. As of now, we have raised $25,000 for Give Kids The World as part of the DIS's commitment to raising a million.

Just popping in to see if some of the Atlantic Canadian folk would like to meet up and contribute to the commitment that the DIS has made to Give Kids the World............

We are very excited to announce that the Nova Scotia DIS Meet for GKTW is a go for our 4th year. Given that only 3 of us plan this meet and work with other charities/ groups AND given that one of us is a farmer, our date choices are minimal. We have had to move our event this year and our go to date is July 12, 2015. That is a Sunday and as always, there will be events starting on Friday. More to come on those early in the new year. We realize that people like to plan their vacations around our event as well as tour on their own so we announced our date early. Start planning. As of now, we have raised $25,000 for Give Kids The World as part of the DIS's commitment to raising a million.

Thank you all for doing this! You know I'll be there and I'll do my share to help get you some $$$, but I can't help with the planning from here. Where will it be this time?

Looking forward to seeing you again.
The main event will once again be at the Springfield Lake Recreation Centre.
They have generously donated again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter