Marvel Day at Sea Cruise 2024

Has anyone seen/read/watched reports of the first two Marvel Day at Sea sailings for 2024?

We are leaving on a MDAS cruise at the end of the month and I would love to collect information/tips/etc. from people who've experienced it. Especially if there are must do Marvel activities we should be planning other things around!

I will do my best to circle back here in Feb and update with our experience!

Has anyone seen/read/watched reports of the first two Marvel Day at Sea sailings for 2024?

We are leaving on a MDAS cruise at the end of the month and I would love to collect information/tips/etc. from people who've experienced it. Especially if there are must do Marvel activities we should be planning other things around!

I just came to say I think we might be on the same cruise. January 26 FLL?

We just got back last night at midnight. I'm hoping to write up something more substantive in a few days, but I'm exhausted. My mom injured her knee in Cozumel and then our direct flight was cancelled, so we ended up with a 3hr layover and connection in Houston.

Overall, I felt like everything was a crush. There were lines everywhere for everything. I didn't even feel like it was that crowded at Halloween on the Fantasy. We did enjoy the few things we attended (Asgard photographs, Dr. Strange Academy). Lots of accidents in the pool, vomit in the Aquaduck. It was interesting. Trying not to be too negative while I'm still in the post-sail crash, but it was not my favorite cruise. 2 Highlights: Castaway had fantastic weather and Franko was an awesome server.

We just did BTB Marvel cruises, and the report above from our second one is pretty accurate - near constant chaos. The cruise before was much more relaxed. Not to be missed are the Heroes Unite deck party, the USO show, and the Strange Academy show. There were also some awesome meet and greets, particularly Loki and Ms. Marvel, but get there to line up early. Even in two cruises we couldn’t do everything, so prioritize as best you can. One of our biggest disappointments was the lack of MDAS merchandise - all they had was one t-shirt (plus some generic Marvel stuff). We also thought the Marvel night menu was pretty lackluster. Overall we had a good time, but the one we did pre-pandemic on the Magic was much better.

Last edited:
That's so disappointing. I wonder why the second one was so crazy.
My speculation was the holiday + and a VGT discount for the cruise in November led to a cruise packed with 1st timers (also got that sense based on the line in the terminal at port). I still saw a fair number of Silver guests and some gold, but very few platinum and only 2 pearls (who were together).

We just got back last night at midnight. I'm hoping to write up something more substantive in a few days, but I'm exhausted. My mom injured her knee in Cozumel and then our direct flight was cancelled, so we ended up with a 3hr layover and connection in Houston.

Overall, I felt like everything was a crush. There were lines everywhere for everything. I didn't even feel like it was that crowded at Halloween on the Fantasy. We did enjoy the few things we attended (Asgard photographs, Dr. Strange Academy). Lots of accidents in the pool, vomit in the Aquaduck. It was interesting. Trying not to be too negative while I'm still in the post-sail crash, but it was not my favorite cruise. 2 Highlights: Castaway had fantastic weather and Franko was an awesome server.
Sorry to hear that the cruise was a chaotic crush— I’ve definitely been on sailings that feel that way. The injury and nightmare journey home probably add to the overall level of stress and frustration.

“Accidents” as in bowel movements? 🤢 I only ever use the adult pools but my kids love to swim… and we usually do the Aquaduck a few times…can’t imagine how unhappy I would be to splash into vomit.

We actually had a cold day full of pouring rain on our last CC stop (my very favorite part of every Disney sailing) and it was a huge bummer. I’ll settle for any weather that doesn’t force us back to the ship this time!

We just did BTB Marvel cruises, and the report above from our second one is pretty accurate - near constant chaos. The cruise before was much more relaxed. Not to be missed are the Heroes Unite deck party, the USO show, and the Strange Academy show. There were also some awesome meet and greets, particularly Loki and Ms. Marvel, but get there to line up early. Even in two cruises we couldn’t do everything, so prioritize as best you can. One of our biggest disappointments was the lack of MDAS merchandise - all they had was one t-shirt (plus some generic Marvel stuff). We also thought the Marvel night menu was pretty lackluster. Overall we had a good time, but the one we did pre-pandemic on the Magic was much better.
Do you have any tips as to where we should stand for the “Heroes Unite” deck party (upper deck/lower deck? Close to stage?) and how early we need to be there so our kids don’t get stuck behind someone tall?

Similar question for the USO show if it matters (I assume it’s normal theater seating?).

Is Loki not part of the reserved Asgard meet and greet? I would love to hear other characters that were offered so I can get my kids excited. I’m assuming Rocket is not there due to the logistical difficulties or bringing a raccoon or raccoon size human on the ship. 😋

We can live without too much merch—easier on the pocket and the suitcase, though I would love a pin.

Do you have any tips as to where we should stand for the “Heroes Unite” deck party (upper deck/lower deck? Close to stage?) and how early we need to be there so our kids don’t get stuck behind someone tall?

Similar question for the USO show if it matters (I assume it’s normal theater seating?).

Is Loki not part of the reserved Asgard meet and greet? I would love to hear other characters that were offered so I can get my kids excited. I’m assuming Rocket is not there due to the logistical difficulties or bringing a raccoon or raccoon size human on the ship. 😋

We can live without too much merch—easier on the pocket and the suitcase, though I would love a pin.
Would recommend deck 12 on the port side for Heroes Unite. Get there at least 30-45 minutes early for a spot against the rail. There’s activity on the main stage and both funnels, and the fireworks are fired to starboard.
USO show was in Evolution - plenty of good seating.
Loki was the reserved Asgard character, but was also a random walk around character later in the cruise.
The Guardians character meet is either Groot or Star Lord.
Yup, a pin would have been nice. Or different shirts. Or a blanket or any other number of possible items.

Would recommend deck 12 on the port side for Heroes Unite. Get there at least 30-45 minutes early for a spot against the rail. There’s activity on the main stage and both funnels, and the fireworks are fired to starboard.
USO show was in Evolution - plenty of good seating.
Loki was the reserved Asgard character, but was also a random walk around character later in the cruise.
The Guardians character meet is either Groot or Star Lord.
Yup, a pin would have been nice. Or different shirts. Or a blanket or any other number of possible items.
Thank you!

Am I understanding you correctly that there is only one character at the reserved M&G? I thought it was 2 characters for Asgard and 2 for Guardians. Am I hallucinating that it was Starlord or Gamora and Grout at some point in the past?

Thank you!

Am I understanding you correctly that there is only one character at the reserved M&G? I thought it was 2 characters for Asgard and 2 for Guardians. Am I hallucinating that it was Starlord or Gamora and Grout at some point in the past?
You re only guaranteed one. Last year it was usually Groot plus either star lord either gamora but for a few meets it was just Groot on my second mdas (i did b2b)
Asgard was the two thors or loki

My husband and I were on the first MDAS this year (Jan 7-12) and we personally didn't care about the marvel things so we didn't actively pay attention to them, but we did spend a good chunk of the morning on the promenade deck (port side if that matters) and saw a LOT of the characters come hang out to chat with people and take pictures. It was really fun watching the unplanned/random interactions. I also ran into both Thor and Loki waiting to be discovered by the bathrooms on deck four. So be sure to keep your eyes peeled for random encounters!

My husband and I were on the first MDAS this year (Jan 7-12) and we personally didn't care about the marvel things so we didn't actively pay attention to them, but we did spend a good chunk of the morning on the promenade deck (port side if that matters) and saw a LOT of the characters come hang out to chat with people and take pictures. It was really fun watching the unplanned/random interactions. I also ran into both Thor and Loki waiting to be discovered by the bathrooms on deck four. So be sure to keep your eyes peeled for random encounters!

We leave next Friday on the Dream. Not huge Marvel fans either but the timing of the sailing just worked better for us. We just plan on enjoying our time on the ship. 😊

We leave next Friday on the Dream. Not huge Marvel fans either but the timing of the sailing just worked better for us. We just plan on enjoying our time on the ship. 😊
If you are not big Marvel fans, I bet that sea day is a great day to do everything else (adult deck, aquaduck, etc) which I suspect will be less crowded. Unless they get some of the characters out at the pools and doing slides. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter