Mary's Weight Loss (Cross my fingers) Journal!!

m_kasch

DIS Veteran
Well, this is not my first time on this board, I have been “lurking” for a while now. I even posted somewhere before, but I am terrible at keeping up with that stuff…so I am hoping that maybe by keeping my own post, I will get better at that!!

I started dating my husband 6 years ago now, and since that point I have gained about 80 pounds (eeeeeekkk!!). I realize that I was too skinny before, I am 5’7 and I barely weighed 115 lbs., looking at the pictures of myself, I almost looked anorexic…which I wasn’t. I had a very rough relationship with my mother and a very stressful boyfriend relationship the last two years of high school…so I think all of that stress was keeping me skinny. Maybe I need some more stress now – lol !! One lady at my church was even crying at going on and on once I had gained a little weight (before it turned into a lot!!) about how she was soooooo worried about me and she thought I was sick and everything. Well, I showed her!!

Now I wish that I had appreciated my body when there was less of it – I basically just took it for granted, never worked out or developed healthy eating habits, but I was so incredibly busy with school and the zillion clubs I was in that I was always going going going and hardly had time to even sleep…then I went to college and was like…hey, I can sleep all day and still eat crap…and where has that gotten me?? When I started WW back in April of this year, I was over 200 lbs.!! It still seems a little crazy to me that I have gained all this weight, and I am trying like heck to get it off. My husband is very skinny and he eats crap and junk and more crap all day long and never gains any weight…which really doesn’t help me much. He also doesn’t have very adventurous eating habits, which makes it hard to try anything new and healthy. But I am trying really hard, and last year I started running with my dad, so I am actually going to do the half marathon at Disney World this year, which I am super excited about. And my goal is to actually be less heavy when we take our family trip to Disney in November, which would be the first time that has happened since I started going with my In Laws about 5 years ago. So that would be nice!! Well, sorry for rambling. Any comments or support would be greatly appreciated!!

:wave: :goodvibes :cool1: :woohoo:

Welcome to WISH, this is a great place to get support!

Good luck with your journey, and keep coming back here for friendship and good suggestions. The people here are very inspiring! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter