Mass Dissers: Transportation to Logan

Ted and Holly

This login is used by Ted only, please refer to Ju
Ted and I, feeling slightly suicidal, booked our Feb. flight from LOGAN today!!! We usually fly out of Manchester, and have no idea how we are going to do this!

Got a quote from Flightline that does van service from our doorstep to Logan for $72/for two each way.

SHould we go with Flightline, or are there better options?? Should we just drive in??

Our flight is at 6:30pm.

Holly

That's not bad at all. Sounds good to me.

You can also stay one night at a hotel near or in Logan that does "park and fly" but what would you do all day till your flight, enjoy the pool I guess? That's usually best for those who have an early flight the next morning. We've done that at the Holiday Inn Logan 3 times now and it is $149 plus tax for up to 10 days of parking.

Then you also could park at the airport and we've done that too but it's expensive; $22 a day for Central parking so depending on how many days you are talking about, it could cost more than Flightline.

Regarding any other modes of transportation out of NH, I can't help you!

Good luck!

The only time I went to Logan I used Logan Express. There's a bunch of lots outside Boston where you can park your car then take the Logan Express shuttle right to your terminal. I used Framingham and was dropped off, so I don't know the cost of long-term parking, but the shuttle itself is fairly cheap. You can either call Massport, or go to their website for all the info.

Hope this helps!!! :Pinkbounc

I don't know if this will work but check out cjtrailways.com I believe they are about $36 round trip pp from Portsmouth or perhaps Dover and parking used to be free. I have taken the bus from Dover to Boston/South Station and it was a nice bus with a friendly driver. Just make sure you specify Logan over South Station. HTH. I'm from the seacoast area but I now live near Boston so we just do a regular cab.

I'll explore C&J as well as Logan Express!

Thanks for your help!

I am still curious to hear any experiences with Flight Line!

Holly

No Flightline experience here, and no I'm not stalking you guys tonight, I promise! :)

But Logan Express has always been very reliable for me in the past.

Hi!

Another crazy person here who also just decided to go WDW in February....during president's day week no less. We are flying out of Logan, and I researched the dickens out of transportation options. What I found to be the most economical for us was to take c & j trailways from their location in Newburyport (there is also one out of Portsmouth, if you can find a friend/family member to drop you off, you won't have to worry about your car at all!)

Parking is free at their lot, and an adult round-trip to Logan is $28. A kid rides free with a paid adult fare, and since I have 2 kids, I'll have to pay for one of them (ix-nayed the packing him in the suitcase plan). Kid's roundtrip fare is $14. So that'll be $42 for the 3 of us, which is roughly half of what airport parking would've cost. For you (assuming you are both adults) it'll be $56 total roundtrip. Quite a significant savings over the pick up/drop off service. I'm still researching, and will let you know if I find a cheaper option.

Incidentally, on my way to Boston earlier this week, I swung by the Newburyport bus stop location. Very nice, clean, well-lit. I'd feel safe leaving my car there for the week, no problem.

Their website is www.cjtrailways.com No comment on Flight Line, I've never used them. :)

Good luck!
BK

I would avoid driving into the city at that time in any event! We have used the Logan Express out of Framingham and it has been fine. Maybe you have something like that between you and the city??

I just reserved a room at the Hyatt Harborside for $169 for Feb 8th. You can leave your car for a week. No stress getting into the airport for an early flight and finding the parking lots full at the last minute. At $22 a day for the central parking garage - the Hyatt seeems a fair deal. No worry about car problems or late limo driver etc. I have also used the satellite parking lot at Logan. Last time this was $80 for a week. Try Http://www.massport.com. If you fly in and out on a weekend on a non-holiday Logan is not too bad in my opinion. However I'll use Providence, Hartford or Manchester anytime the flight schedule and rates make sense. If you decide to drive there is a phone number for the massport parking garage that you can find out if the lots are full. There are certain days when the parking garages fill up faster depending on business travel. I can't remember the days that are the heaviest. Good luck!

Thanks for all of the links! I knew I could count on you guys!

Today I looked into C&J as well as Logan Express. The problem with these is that our lflight home arrives at logan at 11:57pm! None of these options are available at that late an hour.

Styaing the night in Boston isn't an option. We are leaving for Logan as soon as I can sneak out of work on that Friday, and though we won't get home until 2am, I plan on going to work the following Monday! We made sure that EVERY possible second of vacation week can be spent at WDW!!

I guess we'll stick with Flightline unless someone convinces me that they are terrible!!

Thanks so much for helping with this decision!

Holly

Ted and Holly you beat me to it I was going to tell you to check either C+J trailways. Did you try Concord trailways?? They also have trips to Logan!!

and to quote Boo'smom would say Take the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!concord's web site is www.concordtrailways.com
my dad took those pictureat the beginning of the web site

If you drive to Logan you should plan extra time to find parking. Especially during peak periods including school vacations, the usual long term parking can fill up.

Getting to and from Logan should be easier starting next week (1/20/03) since a new harbor tunnel (called the Ted Williams') with lanes equal to the two older tunnels is opening to all traffic 24/7 and it connects Logan directly with the Mass. Turnpike.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 Doubletree Club
4/85 Kon-Tiki* on 192
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu & AP#1
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp & AP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & AP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned
*no longer exists

If you drive and park leave 1/2 hour to get to the terminal from your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter