• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mass Shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Pres of Pittsburgh Synagogue under attack says:
-- 3 different congregations hold service in 3 different areas of this building
-- Shabbat service began 945am
-- 20-30 people typically in building
-- Bris ceremony was slated to take place this am for an infant

Instead of bringing the country togther in mourning and condemnation of the anti-Semitic violence against innocent families gathered for worship, our nation's leader blames the synagogue for not having armed guards.

What kind of country are we becoming?
I saw that, smh.

As if a guard would be able to stop a madman with an AK-15 (ETA, and 3 handguns).

Last edited:
I heard about it while watching news about the pipe bomber:

literally had coverage of a failed domestic terrorism attempt interupted to talk about a succesful one. I can'T even fully process how this is what is happening in the USA.

My heart breaks for the vicitms, and their families, and for all of us. I keep thinking of being at a bris, a bris! there for a baby---all together in joy and love and faith and then to have someone come into that full of hatred and killing. It's devestating.

Do you think an off duty police officer on the door of the synagogue would have been able to stop this guy? He injured on duty police officers who already knew he was shooting people. That’s what makes me shake my head.

Not engaging bye.

It is here because 4 innocent people at a bris were killed. If being shocked and furious that over that makes me self-righteous then I will wear that mantle proudly.

Being shocked is one thing knowing how this thread is going to turn out is totally predictable.

Being shocked is one thing knowing how this thread is going to turn out is totally predictable.
Tell me how posting snarky popcorn smileys on a thread about a terrible murder of 8 or more people in a place of worship to celebrate the birth of a child contributes to the discussion.

More to the point, where is your outrage for the murders? In 5 posts you have not written one word in support of the victims.

You guys don’t get it. Popcorn has actually nothing to do with this sad event.

What is sick is there are so many shootings in the US that we have so many threads about this. What is sick is that DIS probably already 10 or 15 different threads within the past 10 years that deal with some type of mass shooting. usually the threads have the same emotional political discussions and usually have the same ending , being locked. hence the popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter