Matthew & Brandy's Escape Wedding Planning Journal

DisneyBride11

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! My fiance Matt & I are having an escape wedding at Disney World on September 20th, 2011 and we are so excited! We can't "officially" book anything yet but I have talked with an event coordinator (who might I add was so friendly and so helpful...thanks Bill!) and picked almost everything out. We've been engaged almost a year so I've had a lot of planning time lol. I figured that I'd make a journal to post my wedding planning progress.

What we've accomplished so far:

-Designing my custom dress
-Picking out his tuxedo
-Picking out our wedding bands
-Decided what location to use for our ceremony and mini-reception (Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo)
-Gathered our wedding party and guest list...there will be 20 of us altogether including both me and my fiance
-Decided where we're all having dinner after the reception...we're going to Jiko---The Cooking Place
-Decided what resort we're staying at...Pop Century

If any of you other disney brides have any tips for helping me plan feel free to post. Thanks!

I have no idea what to do! I have 20 people coming to my wedding and almost all 20 of them (minus my fiance) are complaining that we aren't having a wedding reception. I've done the numbers and to have a wedding reception we'll be spending about 3,500.00 more. We can afford that but I'm torn between the two because I like what we have but at the same time I want my wedding reception. I need advice! I want everyone that's going to be happy but at the same time I don't want to spend a billion dollars doing it. I'm debating whether or not to have a reception now...I've asked my fiance what he thinks and he is non-helpful because he keeps saying that he'll be happy with or without a reception. Please help me out!

We finally resolved our reception issue! Yay! After many phone calls and lots of research we figured out that we are not going to have a wedding reception. Thank god! Now I can spend that money on some extras!

I don't know what you mean by reception...but you could easily have a wedding dinner for way less than $3500.

Welcome and congrats! :goodvibes Looking forward to following along! popcorn::

Oh, and Dolly Couture makes adorable gowns!! Can't wait to see yours!

Yay another escape bride!!!! Welcome!!!

I Love your gown! It's soooo pretty!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

I love your dress!

If we get our numbers down enough to have an escape wedding - which I don't think will happen, we will just book for us all to have a nice dinner somewhere as our reception.

I love your dress!

If we get our numbers down enough to have an escape wedding - which I don't think will happen, we will just book for us all to have a nice dinner somewhere as our reception.

Awww thanks! lol we had to do a lot of cutting in order to have our escape wedding...our original guest list was over 200! By the way...where did you get the picture of the precious moments figureine with your names over top? I would love to have one for me and my fiance.

Hi everyone! We only made one little change since our last update. We decided that we're going to stay in the Port Orleans French Quarter resort instead of the Pop Century.

Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since I've last updated but there hasn't been much of anything to say until now. I just got a new job at a preschool so our wedding date had to change because of it. (Believe me I tried getting them to let us have our wedding on the original date but they wouldn't budge...at first I was mad & my fiance was furious but we both realized that we couldn't get around it so we just had to accept it) Our new date is June 20th, 2011. Having the new date feels kinda wierd to be fully honest...I guess it's because I'm so used to having it be so far away and now we only have a year and 10 months until we get married. We're so excited! :love:

In other news, I have finally narrowed down my choices and officially picked my gown. It's a demetrio's young sophisticates gown style 2798. And the best part even though it's the perfect dress and my parents are paying for it they'll only be paying 300.00 when it was originally 1,200.00. I found this great site on the web it's WeddingDressMart.com. At first I thought that there had to be some sort of catch with it but the gowns are brand new and they even ask you for your measurements so that you order the correct size. If anyone has used this site for their gown let me know how you liked/didn't like it and why. Thanks a bunches!

-Brandy

Hi everyone! I have a question...my fiance and I are on a very tight budget and we want to stay in a decent resort for our wedding/honeymoon and we keep debating between the pop century, all star movies, & the port orleans french quarter. We won't be in our room much beyond sleeping, getting ready in the morning, and getting ready for dinner. What resort do you think and why? Thanks for the help!

I haven't been to WDW before, so I'm not 100% sure, but out of those choices I'd probably stay at POFQ, I just think you could get some beautiful photos there! :lovestruc

I made the pic in my sig in photo shop. Just played around with it until I was happy with it. Could have possibly made it in paint, but it probably would have taken a lot longer.

I need some massive advice! We are trying to decide on whether to have our wedding ceremony in one of two spots...either the Wedding Gazebo at the Yacht Club resort or Sea Breeze Pointe at the Boardwalk. My fiance loves Sea Breeze pointe but i'm not sure how i feel about it being so busy. What site do you think and why? Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter