Matt's Fall, 2019 adventure with Club 33 and 21 Royal

Looking good so far! I think you know I had planned (gone so far as placed a date) to do Royal 21 for my 60th. Then reconsidered since I can only do 12, so we followed your lead and did the Adventure Suite and catered it there. I must say we LOVED that. But eventually, we will have to do Royal 21.

Looking good so far! I think you know I had planned (gone so far as placed a date) to do Royal 21 for my 60th. Then reconsidered since I can only do 12, so we followed your lead and did the Adventure Suite and catered it there. I must say we LOVED that. But eventually, we will have to do Royal 21.

I saw the pics of you birthday in the suite with the amazing service!! So jealous. We were just talking about that suite tonight and how the kids locked us (and the staff) out of the second bedroom. I honestly can't think of much of a better place to celebrate your birthday but that room with friends and family. Best birthday I've ever had at least. When you are ready for 21 and if you have 2 seats to spare, I'd be ready again.

I like the way you think Matt. Why limit? ROFL! But seriously, I get it. We were fortunate enough to get a reservation at Jiro on our ABD trip last summer to Japan, and we took the "kids" (18 and 22 at the time). It was more per person than 21R and I would do it in a heartbeat again. We are DVC at the GC so alas no suites for us, but I'm hoping to do the Grand Villa at least once.

If I ever do an extended family trip, the Grand Villa is going to be a must! We rented points for Aulani, and I would love to do that for the Grand, especially for a 2-floor suite facing into DCA!!

Loving the trip report and keep it coming! I'm a sucker for 21 Royal and Club 33 trip reports. We've been on the formerly-known-as-waiting-list-interest-list for about 6 or 7 years (whenever they opened it for that brief period). The closest I've gotten is a background check, but they always want to know whether we know someone in the club for a reference. I know in Orlando, but that doesn't help :)
I wish I could have justified it back when it was affordable, but that'll never happen these days sadly. I absolutely love that I've been blessed enough by generous members to be able to share 33 with my kids. We just discussed our last trip with Char tonight in fact. So fun, and such great Disney food and atmosphere. I tell you, that middle kid was spoiled with 33 AND Napa for her 10th bday last year.

DSC_6555%20(Large).jpg

DSC_0438%20(Large).jpg

The youngest is under the mistaken impression that I can afford a suite for a week for her 10th... ugh.

If I ever do an extended family trip, the Grand Villa is going to be a must! We rented points for Aulani, and I would love to do that for the Grand, especially for a 2-floor suite facing into DCA!!

I wish I could have justified it back when it was affordable, but that'll never happen these days sadly. I absolutely love that I've been blessed enough by generous members to be able to share 33 with my kids. We just discussed our last trip with Char tonight in fact. So fun, and such great Disney food and atmosphere. I tell you, that middle kid was spoiled with 33 AND Napa for her 10th bday last year.

DSC_6555%20(Large).jpg

DSC_0438%20(Large).jpg

The youngest is under the mistaken impression that I can afford a suite for a week for her 10th... ugh.
And don't forget the pool table! Sigh ... one of these days!

Love the pics of your daughter. We love to share things like that with our kids, too. So fun that you did a solo trip with her for her birthday. I think my sister (the middle child) would have loved something like that when we were growing up :) We try to do special things with our kids individually, too.

We'd love to go sometime if you are ever looking for fill-ins :) I have vague recollections of a thread a while back trying to organize--not sure if that was you guys?

That wasn't me. This is the first thread I have posted about fill-ins. I will keep you in mind if it ever comes to fruition.

Bear in mind you also get a 1-day park hopper and complementary valet at the Grand, so that's about a $180 value as part of it. The pre-meal drinks you could easily say are worth $50-100. The wines drank and food we ate would have been easily $5-600 per person, so it starts to get really cost-neutral, and getting that much time in the DS and watching F! from the bacony is just icing on the cake IMHO, especially if you get the cost down to $835/per person like we paid. The pin they give you from the experience will sell for $2-300 all day long on fleabay, so if you aren't interested in the souvenirs, you could have an amazing experience for not much $.

When it first came out, I saw an analysis on Mice Chat and they broke it down piece by piece and actually the price tag completely made sense. Between the parkhopper, valet parking, admission to the Dream Suite, cocktails, wine pairings, dinner etc. It really isn't a bad deal.

As this report unfolds, I may end up asking to join your list. I love unique experiences, but am not much of a foodie. I'm waiting to hear if the chef can deal with people like me or if I'd end up just passing most of my food to someone else. Is the booking still about 6 months in advance?

I will get you a PM. We are in WDW right now. Here for another week, but I will get back to you.

I remember that now. Bummer. Anyway, @franandaj feel free to pm me if you are looking for two more 😁

It seems that my interest list is sparking back up. The last time I tried to get a group together it was like herding cats. No one was available on the same day, and it became too tedious. I will keep you in mind.

I celebrated my 50th in the Grand Villa with the WoC view. It was an amazing weekend that I don't really remember much about the dinner Saturday night! :laughing: But we had an amazing feast in the villa on Friday, and I grilled tri tips and bratwurst, plus we had Costco Chicken, strawberry soup ala 1900 Park Fare, sushi and all kinds of stuff. I did a TR about it somewhere.

That wasn't me. This is the first thread I have posted about fill-ins. I will keep you in mind if it ever comes to fruition.
[...]
It seems that my interest list is sparking back up. The last time I tried to get a group together it was like herding cats. No one was available on the same day, and it became too tedious. I will keep you in mind.
[...]
I celebrated my 50th in the Grand Villa with the WoC view. It was an amazing weekend that I don't really remember much about the dinner Saturday night! :laughing: But we had an amazing feast in the villa on Friday, and I grilled tri tips and bratwurst, plus we had Costco Chicken, strawberry soup ala 1900 Park Fare, sushi and all kinds of stuff. I did a TR about it somewhere.
Sounds good and yes, I imagine it's not fun being the organizer, LOL! Definitely do.

I've already passed the 50th birthday by 2 so maybe I'll have to shoot for 55 :) I'm sure it's *amazing.*

Once we were accustomed, we were all poured some champagne to start the evening.

Interesting, they started us off with a cocktail called The Lillian instead of champagne.

Before we REALLY started the festivities, the host took a few pictures of the group.
[champagne.

That's great you got so many pictures before the wine started flowing!

And don't forget the pool table! Sigh ... one of these days!
I guess I just need 11 other people who can get along to do the Villa LOL.

Love the pics of your daughter. We love to share things like that with our kids, too. So fun that you did a solo trip with her for her birthday. I think my sister (the middle child) would have loved something like that when we were growing up :) We try to do special things with our kids individually, too.

Our tradition has been each kid gets a solo trip to DLR for their 10th bday. We've been lucky enough to be able to get a C33 reservation to ring in double digits for them while there on that trip, so they are definitely a bit spoiled when it comes to Disney.

Sounds wonderful Matt! I remember watching Fantasmic! From that balcony many times. And yes I loved the Gallery there.

Our tradition has been each kid gets a solo trip to DLR for their 10th bday. We've been lucky enough to be able to get a C33 reservation to ring in double digits for them while there on that trip, so they are definitely a bit spoiled when it comes to Disney.
I've been fortunate to be able to take (or send, in my son's case) each of the kids for a special day. The twins went together for sweet 16. Big sis celebrated her 18th birthday there. Oldest DD went for her 33rd birthday, and my wedding gift to my son and daughter-in-law was a stay in the Fairytale Suite, Disneyland tix, and 2 days of Club 33 dining.

I would love to do 21 Royal so if a slot or 2 was available, I'd be raising my hand!

Sounds wonderful Matt! I remember watching Fantasmic! From that balcony many times. And yes I loved the Gallery there.

Given I grew up in MI, we were WDW people. I went at 3, 6, 9, and 14ish If memory serves. I was only at DLR once in my life prior to moving to AZ, and that was when I was between 11-12. I'm assuming 1990...memory is a bit hazy, but I remember the hotel we were in was tall. I don't think it was the DLH, so probably whatever PPH was before it was purchased by Disney.

I've been fortunate to be able to take (or send, in my son's case) each of the kids for a special day. The twins went together for sweet 16. Big sis celebrated her 18th birthday there. Oldest DD went for her 33rd birthday, and my wedding gift to my son and daughter-in-law was a stay in the Fairytale Suite, Disneyland tix, and 2 days of Club 33 dining.

I would love to do 21 Royal so if a slot or 2 was available, I'd be raising my hand!

Cheri, the FT suite is also on our list. I walked by it so many times when we've been club-level at the DLH. Next trip sans-kids, Amy and I will be booking it. It's so great we've made such good Disney friends (you being one of them LOL). It's even more amazing to pass on the love for it to our younger generations. If we could do our next trip to 21 together, that'd be absolutely magical. Always enjoyed your company and my daughters love you and Nancy.

Given I grew up in MI, we were WDW people. I went at 3, 6, 9, and 14ish If memory serves. I was only at DLR once in my life prior to moving to AZ, and that was when I was between 11-12. I'm assuming 1990...memory is a bit hazy, but I remember the hotel we were in was tall. I don't think it was the DLH, so probably whatever PPH was before it was purchased by Disney.
I don't know why, but I love hearing there are fellow DL fanatics here in AZ. Sometimes I feel like all the DL fans are all in CA. All the time people tell me if I love it so much I should just move to SCal. So hello, from a fellow Disney-loving Arizonian :wave2:.

I don't know why, but I love hearing there are fellow DL fanatics here in AZ. Sometimes I feel like all the DL fans are all in CA. All the time people tell me if I love it so much I should just move to SCal. So hello, from a fellow Disney-loving Arizonian :wave2:.

There's a ton of us here and I know a fair amount of them here in the valley. Most of us have become great friends outside of the Disney.

The best way to become a "Disney adult". LOL

Kills me Disney doesn't offer a mid price for kids ages 10 thru and including 17.

I occasionally have get togethers at my place, but I'm always working on projects, so the outside is a disaster since I am never done.
But your bbq/smoker skills are legendary and those drinks you make...!!! Plus you have all the authentic bar gear to hold an amazing tiki party :)

It really is awesome to meet friends through Disney. I was just looking at some old Dapper Day pics on my phone, and it's hard to believe your girls were so little!

And now a tour of 21 Royal. You enter in the main Salon. 2 Stairs up from the entrance and you are in one of the most amazingly themed places in the park. You've stepped out of New Orleans and entered a French Provincial Mansion. There is a bench on your right, a fireplace which does the below amazingness, and a sitting area complete with dry bar and accoutrements to your left.

In the main salon, when you press the magic button, the fireplace has pixies lighting up the castle in the spark guard, the Grandfather clock displays Cinderella, the slipper lights up, and the mirror over the fireplace displays the Disney Castle and some scenes from Cinderella. So good!

DSC_3673%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3668%20(Large).jpg

If you ventured forward from the entrance and turned left, you'd see a hallway venturing off around the courtyard.

DSC_3671%20(Large).jpg

Down that hallway the first door on your left, you'd find the Master bedroom. When you press the magic button in this room, the ceiling lights up like the Neverland sky, the walls evoke a waterfall like the scene in the portrait, and the portrait of Mermaid Lagoon from Peter Pan gets its Mermaids. And then... the Jolly Rodger makes its way across the moon on the bedroom wall.

DSC_3549%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3551%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3552%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3529%20(Large).jpg

Immediately after entering the bedroom, if you turned to your left, you would find yourself in the master bath.

DSC_3555%20(Large).jpg

The focal point of the bath being the jetted tub complete with shimmering night sky including a hidden Mickey Constellation.

DSC_3557%20(Large).jpg

IMG-2108%20(Large).jpg

To the left of the bath is the dressing room and closet. Very Provincial.

DSC_3561%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3564%20(Large).jpg

The door to the right, the commode...

DSC_3566%20(Large).jpg

Adjacent to the vanity is the walk-in shower.

DSC_3570%20(Large).jpg

No shame standing in the shower and taking a pic... if you are in a suit.

DSC_3571%20(Large).jpg

If you exited the suite and walked down the hallway and turned back, you'd see this.

DSC_3588%20(Large).jpg

If you turned around and took another step, to your left you'd see the rear-entrance to the suite, the one which rises above the Pirates extended queue, nearly touching the Indy queue. In days gone bye, this is where you would enter the suite when you took the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour. Outside of that door is a walkway to the 21 Royal Elevator.

DSC_3586%20(Large).jpg

Most of the artwork in the suite is concept art of what it would look like back in the 1960s when it was first thought of being built out as Walt and Lillian's private residence in the park as anybody who has been in the apartment above the firehouse can attest to, it wasn't fit for a growing family...

DSC_3672%20(Large).jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter