May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they called him today the same three times they called me. The 3rd call was to tell us he's not allowed to come tomorrow to the first day of spring break day care, and they wanted him picked up right after K at 3:30 because they didn't want him coming to the after school care. :scared: Yup, he was that out of control. The teacher couldn't even get him to lunch because he couldn't stay focused enough to walk single file with the other kids to the cafeteria, so he had to stay behind and was brought his lunch in the office.

ANYWAY, it worked! He called me on his way to pick Tyler up to tell me about all the phone calls today, I told him I already knew, and he finally said, "I feel so bad for him because when I talked to him on the phone he felt so down on himself because he's trying so hard but can't make his body cooperate. OK....I'm willing to give meds a try, but I'm afraid we'll lose the happy kid that Tyler is and that he'll become zombie-like from the meds."

I assured him the doctors don't want him like that either and they'd adjust his dosage if that happens, but that we can't let him continue to have trouble every single day. And neither of us can keep getting multiple phone calls a day at work or miss work when he's suspended. AND to let Tyler flounder isn't fair either. The school psychologist told me today that his IQ score was extremely high, but he's just not able to get that knowledge out academically. How frustrating must that be for him to know that he knows the stuff he's supposed to know but can't get it out.

SO.....GREAT NEWS ---- DAD FINALLY SAID YES TO MEDS!!!!!! Not that I'm all for it, sure it makes me nervous too, but I think sometimes it's needed in conjunction with the other therapies when the situation is extreme.
great news!

He didn't do well. Only got him to stay a couple times for a short time and he was misbehaving big time. BUT......since he's used to being in school now, when he wasn't before, that will make a difference. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And he should be on meds by then because I'm giving the doc the OK at our appt next Tuesday, so hopefully he'll be on something he has luck with.
hopefully this time will be better.

Tyler's strange......he loves Titanic. And Twister. Nutty kid.
Samantha loves Titanic also.

Can't sleep, John just left for work.

I finally got my act together and got the pics from my meet w/ Mary & Patrick from the camera onto the computer....so here we are after having enjoyed a good meal at Whispering Canyon, and LOADS of good talk :goodvibes

DSC_0001.jpg

Ah, lovely photo, you all look happy:thumbsup2

She was very entertaining. I kept hearing something strange, sort of like a tap on my window. So I opened the blinds a bit to see what might be out there. She kept walking up and down the ledge, would stop and sit a while and look in at me every now and then. When she'd turn to look in at me, her bill would tap the window. ;) Later in the day, a chipmunk showed up for a visit too. Cute!

saw that photo, ah sweet, I often had the neighbour cat on my window too I often got the fright sometime.

We got our ressies for the grand Californian for the 25th. We will get to see some of you cruisers again! hooray!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: neighdoor from you - we are at Paradise Pier - very tempt to move to Grand Californian :confused:

oh, should we take Disney trasportation from the port to DL or take a taxi or get our own driver? Connie

I dont know which the best way to do:confused3 I will sort it out this weekend when quiet times!!

Do they have DME at Disneyland?

what is it?

No idea what that is?

me too

DMe is Disney Magical Express....the free shuttle from the airport to the resorts here in Orlando.

You must not have it, or I'd have heard about it.

Oh hurray, got it now :rotfl2:

Holly maybe ex is on the right road now. Maybe he sees that Tyler may need more than just words to help him. I hate when you know a kid is trying their best to be good but just can't.

Yes.

Gydell - Have a lovely times next week:thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

Getting caught up again. It seems to be the story of my life recently. I'll be off again in a few minutes for the day. It is cold and rainy here.

Cork

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter