May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh.....excursion list! I want to do the Sierra Madre Hiking Tour! I used to be a big hiker when I lived in Wyoming. Of course that was about 50 pounds ago, but I'm confident I'll still lose lots more weight before this cruise and will keep going to the gym, so I'll be in good enough shape for that hike.

Oooh.....excursion list! I want to do the Sierra Madre Hiking Tour! I used to be a big hiker when I lived in Wyoming. Of course that was about 50 pounds ago, but I'm confident I'll still lose lots more weight before this cruise and will keep going to the gym, so I'll be in good enough shape for that hike.

I have to stick with things the kids can do, since I won't be leaving them on the ship after our last fiasco, plus I want to include them so for this port I like the Paradise Beach Adventure, the Snorkel or the Pirate Adventure...although the pirate one is a 2 hours boat ride each way.....but I bet it would be fun.

Salmon salad sounds good, what do you put in it anything special?

Just basic salad here, but with some really lovely new potatoes. I would have had them hot, but John prefers cold with a salad.

I was thinking of just walking to the shops or something in Puerta Vallarta, but I really fancy that Canopy tour. I won't be doing it though as I am too scared!:scared1:

We are not going to be doing anything expensive port tour wise as we are pushing ourselves as it is, but I would like at least to savour some of the atmosphere of the countries we visit.

I am going to be good and hit the grocery store for lunch stocking up on a week's worth of frozen dinners and snacks!

V-have you ever heard of Dream Dinners (www.dreamdinners.com) or super suppers (www.supersuppers.com)? Basically you go there and prepare 12, six serving meals that you then take home, freeze and thaw out when you're ready to cook them. When you go to prepare your food, they have stations where the recipe is listed and all the fresh ingredients are already cut, diced, etc. there for you...all you have to do is measure, prepare and put it in the container and slap an instruction label on it. It costs around $200 and the times I went, I split my meals into two containers so I came home with almost 24 meals. They taste much better than frozen dinners and it's great to have it all ready to cook...something to check out if you're household is busy!!!

here is Cabo beach info from Cruise critic (I think!)
Los Cabos' Finest Beaches
From the Pure and Unspoiled, to the Wild and Crazy!

Cabo San Lucas

Solmar Beach (Playa Solmar) is great for sunbathing, walking and enjoying sunsets to the west. Water activities, however, should be avoided, due to frequent dangerous rogue waves, a steep drop-off and undertows. Access is via Avenida Solmar, right off Marina Boulevard, past the Galeon restaurant. No facilities.

Lover’s Beach (Playa del Amor) is a must-see for anyone with an ounce of romance in them. Framed by the mighty Land’s End rock formations, this beach is great for sunbathing, swimming or snorkeling. Access is via Solmar Beach, water taxi, or glass bottom boat. Caution: don’t lose wallets, keys, cameras etc. when jumping into the surf when exiting the water taxi. No facilities.

Medano Beach (Playa El Medano) has been called “party central,” “spring break beach,” “Disneyland by the sea” and more! Tan the day away in one of the hundreds of chaise lounges thoughtfully provided by one of the many restaurants, bars and beach clubs, while enjoying all the beach action. Swim, Jet Ski, catamaran, kayak or parasail. Parking is difficult, though some restaurants offer valet parking. Beach begins on the east side of the Cabo marina entrance and runs for almost two miles to the east.

Tourist Corridor

Widows Beach (Playa Las Viudas) offers the peace and tranquility many come to Baja to experience. No vendors, no crowds (often no one at all)––it’s located on a rugged mile stretch of coast with rocks, reefs, and tidal pools. Snorkel and swim when the surf permits. Access at Km. 12.5. Take the dirt road near the entrance to the Twin Dolphin Hotel. No facilities. Park at the beach.

Santa Maria Bay (Bahia Santa Maria) is a marine sanctuary loaded with tropical fish that love to be hand fed tortillas. Snorkeling in the early morning is best for underwater visibility. This little cove is nestled between two headlands, creating a feeling of intimacy and seclusion. Bring your own beach umbrella or rent it, along with other beach gear, at the entrance. It’s about a two-block hike in from the highway to the parking lot. Located at Km 13.

Chileno Bay (Bahia Chileno) is where locals love to have their family-day-at-the-beach excursions on weekends. Snooze the day away under shading palms, or snorkel or spearfish in the bay. On the weekend, be prepared for a fiesta-like ambiance, full of families and vendors selling snacks, etc. Beach gear is available for rent near the entrance by the highway. This beach has public restroom facilities (Bring your own tissue). One can take a snorkel tour boat from Cabo here or to Santa Maria Beach. A one-block walk to the beach from the highway. Located at Km. 14.5

Tequila Cove (Playa Bledito) has a man-made breakwater located in front of Hilton and Melia Cabo Real hotels. Here you can swim or rent watercraft for fun on the high seas. Melia Cabo Real and Hilton front the beach and have restaurants, bars, boutiques, delis, and other services available. Located at Km. 19.5 at the Cabo Real complex. Enter through the Melia Cabo Real or Hilton hotels.

Palmilla Beach (Playa Palmilla) is the finest beach in San Jose for swimming, snorkeling, or spending a pleasant day at the beach. A serene half-mile wide cove with coral covered rocks and reefs. There’s a panga and charter boat fishing fleet based here. Go big-game fishing or enjoy watching the pangas arrive late mornings with their catch of the day. Join the crowd of pelicans and watch the fishermen filet the fish. Some shade palapas, no facilities, good parking located close to the beach. Located off the arroyo, just outside the entrance to the One&Only Palmilla Resort. Take the Palmilla exit at Km. 27, head south to the arroyo, and turn left into the parking lot past the taxi stand.

Old Man’s Beach (Playa Acapulquito) has a perfect beginner’s and long boarder’s break located in front of the Cabo Surf Hotel. Great sunbathing and swimming (when the surf is down). Surf legend Mike Doyle’s surf school is located on the beach offering surf board and beach gear rentals. Park in the public lot at Km 27.75 east of the Palmilla exit. Enter via the tunnel under the lot.

San Jose del Cabo

Blue Coast Beach (Playa Costa Azul) is a great place to enjoy sunbathing and swimming during the winter (surf permitting). Famous local surf breaks here include Zippers for the pros and The Rock for intermediate level surfers. Convenience store and surf board rentals nearby. Located at Km 28. Go under the Costa Azul Bridge to the beach from both directions on the highway.

Hotel Beach (Playa Hotelera) is a broad beach running for several miles from Costa Azul to the San Jose Estuary. This beach area is generally unsafe for swimming due to a deep drop-off, rip tides and heavy surf with rogue waves. Great for horse riding, walking, sunbathing, volleyball, and surf fishing. Access the beach through walkways located between the Crowne Plaza and the Royal Solaris hotels, or below Plaza Garuffi (below the Mega shopping plaza).

I have to stick with things the kids can do, since I won't be leaving them on the ship after our last fiasco, plus I want to include them so for this port I like the Paradise Beach Adventure, the Snorkel or the Pirate Adventure...although the pirate one is a 2 hours boat ride each way.....but I bet it would be fun.
Since that's what I usually have to do too, this time I'm really going to live it up and do all sorts of things I wouldn't be able to do if Tyler were with me. :thumbsup2

V-have you ever heard of Dream Dinners (www.dreamdinners.com) or super suppers (www.supersuppers.com)? Basically you go there and prepare 12, six serving meals that you then take home, freeze and thaw out when you're ready to cook them. When you go to prepare your food, they have stations where the recipe is listed and all the fresh ingredients are already cut, diced, etc. there for you...all you have to do is measure, prepare and put it in the container and slap an instruction label on it. It costs around $200 and the times I went, I split my meals into two containers so I came home with almost 24 meals. They taste much better than frozen dinners and it's great to have it all ready to cook...something to check out if you're household is busy!!!
I've read about them but they don't have any locations here.

Since that's what I usually have to do too, this time I'm really going to live it up and do all sorts of things I wouldn't be able to do if Tyler were with me. :thumbsup2

yes, I would like to do the zip line and the dolphin swim, there is one dolphin swim I can book that has something for both girls as well. I am sure Samantha would love it.

Wow that is alot.:scared1: I will look into it then. Actually DH is now interested in helping plan and it was his idea. I will ask what he has found out so far.

Anyone else? The more the merrier.

We'd be interested. We're needing to find a way to DL so that we can rent a car to get home with!! The rental agency near the port isn't open on Sunday's and there are NO rental agencies near the por that are open. Our only option is to go to an airport or the hotels at DL.

Yippee! I just realized my birthday falls on a Friday this year, for the first time in a long time! So I'm going to ask for that day off work and start celebrating Thursday, since Tyler will be at his dad's anyway until Saturday. BUT it's also Labor Day weekend, and Labor Day just happens to be his dad's holiday this year, so whenever that happens, I always let him keep him straight through instead of bringing him home, to avoid uprooting Tyler even more with the back and forth garbage. So I'll have a whole weekend long birthday celebration! :banana:

Love those beaches names! Lovers Beach, Widow's Beach and Old Man's Beach!! Now, which one do you choose?:lmao:

Hmmmm.....my mom usually sends me a check for my birthday...if it's large enough, I could take a mini-vacation somewhere! :thumbsup2

Of course.....I'm given work to do 20 minutes before I'm scheduled to leave. :rolleyes: Off to do my job! :goodvibes

We did the Pirate Adventure in PV on our 2005 DCL cruise and I can highly recommend it. Yes, it was a 2 hour boat ride but they put on a pirate show in both directions and it was a blast. Part of the show was a gun duel and they also had a small boat pull along side the Margilante and board her as if they were taking it over...it was very exciting. Breakfast was OK, lunch was great. The private beach was loads of fun and they also had banana boat rides. It was AWESOME! :thumbsup2

Yippee! I just realized my birthday falls on a Friday this year, for the first time in a long time! So I'm going to ask for that day off work and start celebrating Thursday, since Tyler will be at his dad's anyway until Saturday. BUT it's also Labor Day weekend, and Labor Day just happens to be his dad's holiday this year, so whenever that happens, I always let him keep him straight through instead of bringing him home, to avoid uprooting Tyler even more with the back and forth garbage. So I'll have a whole weekend long birthday celebration! :banana:

how cool. My bday falls on a Tuesday this year!

Do you get Tyler every other weekend?

yes, I would like to do the zip line and the dolphin swim, there is one dolphin swim I can book that has something for both girls as well. I am sure Samantha would love it.

We want to do the zipline but it would mean we'd have to leave the kids onboard (they'd be too scared to do it)...what was your fiasco if you don't mind me asking?

We did the Pirate Adventure in PV on our 2005 DCL cruise and I can highly recommend it. Yes, it was a 2 hour boat ride but they put on a pirate show in both directions and it was a blast. Part of the show was a gun duel and they also had a small boat pull along side the Margilante and board her as if they were taking it over...it was very exciting. Breakfast was OK, lunch was great. The private beach was loads of fun and they also had banana boat rides. It was AWESOME! :thumbsup2

Great I think that is what we'll do then. Was it available to book through DCL and was there anytime for shopping or are there shops close to the port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter