May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly - so glad things seem to be rolling w/ Tyler.....the mystery will be solved soon I'm sure. I'm glad that his dad was open and approachable at your appt on Tues. Keep your focus on Tyler and God will provide!

Deb (eventho I don't know if you'll read this)...so glad things worked out for your brother. Glad you'll get to spend some time w/ him in FL too.
Thanks Monica! The office administrator at work changed my outlook a bit. I told her about the EEG, just so she'd know I might need to miss time for the neurologist appointment. She smiled and said, "That's great news!" I was a little confused by that reaction, until she explained that it's good that they saw something, whatever it may be, because that's a starting point instead of spending months and months putting him through test after test. Good perspective! :thumbsup2

Sorry for this sad post, here is the place we come to share, good, bad and ugly. This I'm afraid is the later.

I just got a call from my cousin, Laura, in Redding, her preemie baby granddaughter passed last night. Shalya was a twin. Her sister Sierra is holding strong. She had an infection last week and it looked like they had it under control, but suddenly and ferociously it came back in the night and she passed. She was 2 months old yesterday. The twins were born on my mom's 80th birthday.

Mom(Toni) and Dad(Brian) are strong stock, but nonetheless I'm sure are devastated with this. They also have a son 3 years old at home.

Please keep my extended family in your prayers.

Nan
Nan, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. How awful to lose a baby. :sad2: :grouphug: :sad1:

Sorry for this sad post, here is the place we come to share, good, bad and ugly. This I'm afraid is the later.

I just got a call from my cousin, Laura, in Redding, her preemie baby granddaughter passed last night. Shalya was a twin. Her sister Sierra is holding strong. She had an infection last week and it looked like they had it under control, but suddenly and ferociously it came back in the night and she passed. She was 2 months old yesterday. The twins were born on my mom's 80th birthday.

Mom(Toni) and Dad(Brian) are strong stock, but nonetheless I'm sure are devastated with this. They also have a son 3 years old at home.

Nan

Nan-that's tragic...it's hard to loose anyone but so hard when it's a baby! I will keep you all in my thoughts!

Well, we're all holding tight. Rumor has it the Fallbrook folks will be let back home today, so that's an excellent sign. The Wildomar fire which was very close to my house was put out, it was 20 acres which sounds small in comparison to the SD fires but considering most homes here are on 4,000-10,000 square foot lost, 20 acres can do some damage!

I don't know what's going on with the Camp Pendleton fire...with the kids being home today I'm trying to keep the focus OFF the fires. I see them suffering from some stress of the situation so I'm laying low with them. I took my oldest to my MIL's house (she lives about 3 miles from us) and they're painting, (art, not walls:goodvibes ). He's quite the artist so I think that's good therapy for him. My youngest is playing mini golf on the TV (it attaches to the TV) and I'm baking...not that I need to eat the baked goods, but it's taking my mind off of what's been going on and helps me to stop worrying about those that we know who are suffering and displaced in SD. I'm not sure if I posted this but a relative of a friend of mine lost their house in the 2003 fires...it finally got rebuilt and they moved back in about 2 weeks ago...you can only imagine what I'm going to say next? Yep, it's gone AGAIN. What a mess all the insurance will be. At the beginning of 2007 Allstate announced they were not writing any new policies in the state of CA...I bet we'll see more of that to come......

Hope everyone at WDW is having a blast...I'm so jealous!

Well, boys will be home tomorrow too. We got another recorded message saying since the Poomacha fire has not been contained, the Murrieta fire chief recommended the schools be closed. I didn't even know there was a Poomacha fire...too much to keep up with! I'll have to see if I can google that one.

Nan

Nan:hug: so sorry to hear this sad news, what a tragedy.:hug:

Thanks Monica! The office administrator at work changed my outlook a bit. I told her about the EEG, just so she'd know I might need to miss time for the neurologist appointment. She smiled and said, "That's great news!" I was a little confused by that reaction, until she explained that it's good that they saw something, whatever it may be, because that's a starting point instead of spending months and months putting him through test after test. Good perspective! :thumbsup2

As strange as it sounds that is so true! I have many patients who are very sad or upset when I tell them everything looks good. Despite not wanting something to be wrong, they were hoping something would show so they could have an explanation for why they were feeling bad!

Well, boys will be home tomorrow too. We got another recorded message saying since the Poomacha fire has not been contained, the Murrieta fire chief recommended the schools be closed. I didn't even know there was a Poomacha fire...too much to keep up with! I'll have to see if I can google that one.

Lisa...I don't know, a trip to DL sounds like it is in order for the family! Thanks for keeping us updated. Baking is always a good thing to keep your mind off of stuff, I mean sugar fixes everything, right :thumbsup2 :lmao: Glad to know you are still ok. Hopefully by tomorrow all fires around you will be contained and you can relax over the weekend. Keep safe :hug:

Nan

Nan, I'm so very sorry to hear this. How sad for her parents.:hug:

Well, we're all holding tight. Rumor has it the Fallbrook folks will be let back home today, so that's an excellent sign. The Wildomar fire which was very close to my house was put out, it was 20 acres which sounds small in comparison to the SD fires but considering most homes here are on 4,000-10,000 square foot lost, 20 acres can do some damage!

I don't know what's going on with the Camp Pendleton fire...with the kids being home today I'm trying to keep the focus OFF the fires. I see them suffering from some stress of the situation so I'm laying low with them. I took my oldest to my MIL's house (she lives about 3 miles from us) and they're painting, (art, not walls:goodvibes ). He's quite the artist so I think that's good therapy for him. My youngest is playing mini golf on the TV (it attaches to the TV) and I'm baking...not that I need to eat the baked goods, but it's taking my mind off of what's been going on and helps me to stop worrying about those that we know who are suffering and displaced in SD. I'm not sure if I posted this but a relative of a friend of mine lost their house in the 2003 fires...it finally got rebuilt and they moved back in about 2 weeks ago...you can only imagine what I'm going to say next? Yep, it's gone AGAIN. What a mess all the insurance will be. At the beginning of 2007 Allstate announced they were not writing any new policies in the state of CA...I bet we'll see more of that to come......

Now that is awful losing your house a second time. What a terrible time.

Well my bags are all packed....I'm ready to go.....the moment finally arrived. John is picking up the van rental....we got a 12 passenger coz everyone is going. Sandi and the boys should be here any minute.....just loading the car and watering the plants are left to do.

Karen, I got the wine order....thanks so much!

Monica, Me and John will have dinner at Planet Hollywood after Mandy leaves....we'll need food after drinking with the original champagne girl! We'll see you there around 7pm.

So.Cal's stay safe and keep updating us.

Jackie, thanks for your update on everyone....thanks for keeping in touch!

Nan, that was such a sad story....I hope the family heals quickly.

Lisa/dl, that was such a sad story....I hope that little girl finds comfort.

Kaylee, got you covered.....I brought a copy of your PM with all the needed info.

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Well my bags are all packed....I'm ready to go.....the moment finally arrived. John is picking up the van rental....we got a 12 passenger coz everyone is going. Sandi and the boys should be here any minute.....just loading the car and watering the plants are left to do.

Karen, I got the wine order....thanks so much!

Monica, Me and John will have dinner at Planet Hollywood after Mandy leaves....we'll need food after drinking with the original champagne girl! We'll see you there around 7pm.

So.Cal's stay safe and keep updating us.

Jackie, thanks for your update on everyone....thanks for keeping in touch!

Nan, that was such a sad story....I hope the family heals quickly.

Lisa/dl, that was such a sad story....I hope that little girl finds comfort.

Kaylee, got you covered.....I brought a copy of your PM with all the needed info.

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Deb...you are probably already on route, but just in case you check in, Have a GREAT time!!!! You'll be....:cool1: :dance3: :beach: :boat: party: :drinking1 (along with everyone else at WDW right now!) but none of this....:laundy: :thumbsup2 And, now all I can think of is the song "I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane....." thanks to the start of your post! Thank you soooo much for helping me out!!!!!

Nan - So sorry about your family's loss. Prayers and pixie dust to you all and extra for the twin.

Oh my goodness! :eek:

I do not know how you have survived this......my kids love snow days when they get to stay home......In can't imagine "fire days". God Bless You!! we are praying for you guys on the West Coast

So since so many are on their Disney trip this weekend, just how many of us are left at home? 5 or 6 of us? It's going to be much slower on here than normal!

Okay, I know I might be embarassed....but Tech is getting ready to play BC (#2 in the nation)....the last 14 days the #2 team has lost 3 times!!!!!...so there is always hope;) ;) ;)

Also, BC was not even ranked at the beginning af the season.

Turn on ESPN and see our Rain ....OMG is it raining HARD!!

Daniel is on the left in the picture!!

IMG_0246.jpg

Okay, I know I might be embarassed....but Tech is getting ready to play BC (#2 in the nation)....the last 14 days the #2 team has lost 3 times!!!!!...so there is always hope;) ;) ;)

Also, BC was not even ranked at the beginning af the season.

Turn on ESPN and see our Rain ....OMG is it raining HARD!!

Daniel is on the left in the picture!!

IMG_0246.jpg

Go Tech!

Sassy Bubbles is alive and well and promises to check in in the next 24 hours!

They did not play Tyrod (the true freshman QB)....Glennon is playing instead because of Tyrod's injury. Glennon does not play very well in the rain or against big teams.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter