May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deb!!!!I accept your generous offer, quickly, before any one can object!Senior moments...hmmm....non that I can remember;)
Kathe

Kathe, you'll fit right in with our wacky group. Welcome to the lifeboat crew!

Don't worry about not remembering, we'll leave breadcrumbs to make a trail so we can find our way back.

Pj......any ideas yet for our tee shirts? Maybe we won't use a Disney TM so that we can get them printed. We have 4 of us now.

Hello All,
I have about umm say 2,000 posts to read to get up to speed here. :) I wanted to jump in here now that the holiday season is over I can start obsessing about the cruise. I am a single mom aged 32 bringing my daughter 9, and my son 4. I will catch up on the posts little by little but am hoping to get a little help here too. I am interested in a few things.

1. Fish mail I would like to give treats and get some too, so who do I need to speak with?
2. Champagne Girls I saw who to pm for that so I shall
3. dis meets- any in my area? California Bay Area
4. Custom clothes can I get pm's with ebay sellers info for real cute kids clothes or dis members who sew for profit
5. My daughter is a Junior Girl Scout, any other scouts onboard, maybe work on a badge while cruising?
6. Anything else special? any groups, meeting events, stuff to buy, whatever I am game!!! PM me or post here and I will reply asap.

Thanks to any and everyone in advance. I know my post will be off the radar in an hour seeing how often you all post but I will keep up to date with all new posts and try to read all the old ones for info too. Oh and me my name is really hard to spell and say sooo the phonetic pronunciation is easier........ Mar-Asia. :thanks:

Hi Marreazza.....got your PM response to my questions. Thanks for that. In answer to your questions, please check page one of this thread and also PM pjphoobear and get access to our website. You'll find answers to most of your questions and if not, post them on the website and others will respond. It's an easy way to keep things organized with easy access. We know it's hard to look through all these pages for the info we need.....that's why Pj did the website for us.

Hope this helps. So glad you're sailing with us. We're going to have a blast!

Hello All,
I have about umm say 2,000 posts to read to get up to speed here. :) I wanted to jump in here now that the holiday season is over I can start obsessing about the cruise. I am a single mom aged 32 bringing my daughter 9, and my son 4. I will catch up on the posts little by little but am hoping to get a little help here too. I am interested in a few things.

1. Fish mail I would like to give treats and get some too, so who do I need to speak with?
2. Champagne Girls I saw who to pm for that so I shall
3. dis meets- any in my area? California Bay Area
4. Custom clothes can I get pm's with ebay sellers info for real cute kids clothes or dis members who sew for profit
5. My daughter is a Junior Girl Scout, any other scouts onboard, maybe work on a badge while cruising?
6. Anything else special? any groups, meeting events, stuff to buy, whatever I am game!!! PM me or post here and I will reply asap.

Thanks to any and everyone in advance. I know my post will be off the radar in an hour seeing how often you all post but I will keep up to date with all new posts and try to read all the old ones for info too. Oh and me my name is really hard to spell and say sooo the phonetic pronunciation is easier........ Mar-Asia. :thanks:

Hi there,Welcome Aboard!

I'm Nan(ette) DH Paul and DD(10) Molly & DS(8) Wilson we live in San Jose. Molly and I (her troop leader) are full on into girl scouts. We'd love to do a badge together. Drop me a pm with an email address and we can chat about what one the girls might enjoy.

We've been chatting about getting a No Cal mini met going in March or April...

Have you cruised before?

Thanks for the help. I am off to pm pjphoobear and get into the thick of things! I can get really OCD :rotfl2: about planning so I held off until the new year to start. I will be hanging around this thread a lot now that the cruise is so close.

Hi there,Welcome Aboard!

I'm Nan(ette) DH Paul and DD(10) Molly & DS(8) Wilson we live in San Jose. Molly and I (her troop leader) are full on into girl scouts. We'd love to do a badge together. Drop me a pm with an email address and we can chat about what one the girls might enjoy.

We've been chatting about getting a No Cal mini met going in March or April...

Have you cruised before?

I would love to do a mini meet anytime plus my daughter would like to meet any girls around her age who she can buddy up with from time to time in the clubs. We have cruised before. We went on a Disney cruise in November 2006 for my daughter's birthday. We are big time Disney freaks and have annual passes to Disneyland and go very often.

I will be sure to pm you about scouts my daughter would love to do something.

Thanks for the help. I am off to pm pjphoobear and get into the thick of things! I can get really OCD :rotfl2: about planning so I held off until the new year to start. I will be hanging around this thread a lot now that the cruise is so close.

Yes we can get a little OCD about planning too....you're in with the right group.

I personally have finished making all my plans including what to pack and picking out my excursions.....btw, did you know that they are up on the DCL website now....airfare is paid for, one hotel in vegas is paid for, two others are booked....one in Cocoa Beach FL and the other in Rodondo Beach CA, car rentals on both sides are done, just need car service to and from the ports and I'm working on that now.

Just a little bit OCD here. Like I said, you're in good company.....Welcome!

The curse is broken today.....The Giants won and the Chargers won and I watched both games and rooted for both teams to win! Now if I can only keep it up next weekend when the Giants meet Dallas. Ha!:rotfl2:

Saying a prayer for little Micah.

Kathe....prayers to Micha and family.

Any news on how Micah is this morning.

Once again, thank you to everyone for all of your prayers:goodvibes
Micah has completed his first 5 day session of chemo, he was pretty sick, so had to stay a couple of extra days in the hospital, but is home now. He has one dose of chemo this week, and one dose next week, only has to be at the hospital for a half day for these. Then he'll start all over again. It will be 3 week cycles like this for quite some time. When he gets to week 20, then he will receive radiation on his lungs and liver. His liver was cancer free when he received his surgery, two weeks later they detected a tumour, so they are saying the cancer is quite aggressive:sad1: Hopefully the chemo will do what it is hoped to do, and the radiation too. Micah isn't eating at the moment, but he is drinking fluids. :grouphug:
Kathe

Makin memories...nice to have another 9 year old. My dd is 9 will be turning 10 on the cruise. We're going to work on a nor cal meet. What area are you in? We're in the east bay. Nan's in San jose area...There's another in Benicia area...we're all over :)

Steph

Kathe, you'll fit right in with our wacky group. Welcome to the lifeboat crew!

Don't worry about not remembering, we'll leave breadcrumbs to make a trail so we can find our way back.

Pj......any ideas yet for our tee shirts? Maybe we won't use a Disney TM so that we can get them printed. We have 4 of us now.

:grouphug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Once again, thank you to everyone for all of your prayers:goodvibes
Micah has completed his first 5 day session of chemo, he was pretty sick, so had to stay a couple of extra days in the hospital, but is home now. He has one dose of chemo this week, and one dose next week, only has to be at the hospital for a half day for these. Then he'll start all over again. It will be 3 week cycles like this for quite some time. When he gets to week 20, then he will receive radiation on his lungs and liver. His liver was cancer free when he received his surgery, two weeks later they detected a tumour, so they are saying the cancer is quite aggressive:sad1: Hopefully the chemo will do what it is hoped to do, and the radiation too. Micah isn't eating at the moment, but he is drinking fluids. :grouphug:
Kathe

Kathe, this is so heartbreaking....I'm wishing for a miracle for Micah....will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Makin memories...nice to have another 9 year old. My dd is 9 will be turning 10 on the cruise. We're going to work on a nor cal meet. What area are you in? We're in the east bay. Nan's in San jose area...There's another in Benicia area...we're all over :)

Steph

I am in Fairfield so not too far away from the rest of you, especially whoever is in Benicia.

aargh. double post! btw I made a "junior's" cheesecake last night for dinner. got the cookbook for christmas, so made the new york cheesecake with blueberries on top--holy cow!!! it was time consuming, but amazing. yum!

V, Holly, Monica , Leslie, Nan, Deborah-I have loved seeing all of your family holiday photos:goodvibes Please forgive me if I missed anyone, still trying to catch up!:)
Kathe

I am in Fairfield so not too far away from the rest of you, especially whoever is in Benicia.

Yep, thats close by. Are you going early or just to arrive for the cruise. I'm taking my dd to WDW 1st as it will be her 1st time there.

Off to cook my pork tenderloin ala paula deen style. I swear i'm gonna have to get her cookbook.

S

Kathe, this is so heartbreaking....I'm wishing for a miracle for Micah....will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

poor micah. kids should never have to go through that.

:grouphug: Thank you. I wish so much that I could help take away the pain this family is feeling:sad1: Micah's older brother is having a very hard time too. He is 9 yrs old, old enough to begin to realize what Micah is battling, plus he has lost, at least temporarily, his playmate. The two loved to play together, but Micah is just too sick right now.

Good Morning all.....today's football games are Giants and Bucs......GO GIANTS meaning V will be happy because I'll be watching, the Bucs will win. Then Titans and Chargers....GO CHARGERS....we shall see.

Yes Kaylee, I am rooting for Green Bay next week so that means you should be thrilled when your Seahawks kill them.

John1.....don't say it......don't even think it!!!

Ha Ha Ha!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Giants and Chargers both win, so either there is some kind of weird voodoo going on here, or you really wanted the other teams to win . . .

Well almost caught up, but too tired to read anymore! Going to go soak in the bath, watch Desperate Housewives, go to bed, then start another day of work all over again:rolleyes: Goodnight all!

Yep, thats close by. Are you going early or just to arrive for the cruise. I'm taking my dd to WDW 1st as it will be her 1st time there.

Off to cook my pork tenderloin ala paula deen style. I swear i'm gonna have to get her cookbook.

S

I wish we were going early but due to my daughter missing two weeks of school already I can't go any sooner then Friday night. I think maybe next year I might take the kids to WDW as my son will be a bit older and remember more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter