May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzie if ya need the inside Wyoming scoop let me know.
Thanks for that offer Scott! I lived in Wyoming for 13 years (Casper and Cody), but the tour starts in Jackson. Didn't you live there before moving to Cheyenne? I also have read a couple of trip reports of this particular adventure. I'm going to start reviewing them today.

The problem is that they are only giving us 2 minutes to do the orientation. I asked how set that time was and they said it must be less than 3 minutes.

They also said to "be creative". Looking for suggestions from everyone on that. There are a lot of "creative" people in this group. I think it has to be realistic at the same time.

Hey Erik, By the time you get here it should be pretty cleared up - if not, we're all in trouble!

So glad everyone is doing well considering. Even though it smells like a wet smoky dog. Erik - I hope you have fun next weekend. If anyone needs our house in Phoenix, it is free from all of us and has 3 bedrooms. Let me know and you are more then welcome.

We will definitely be going to Epcot on Sunday night Scott. Jerry is going to meet us there and hopefully Lyn can come to. I think Connie will be there also. Looking forward to it.:banana:

We are so glad that everyone is doing fine in SoCal. We left SoCal on Tuesday night. It was nice to Kelly and gang on Friday night. DD was dancing in the parade at the end and loving it! It was her highlight of the trip! :cool1:

We were wondering if anyone knew when the parks in WDW were decorated for Christmas??? and resorts too? :rolleyes1

We are so glad that everyone is doing fine in SoCal. We left SoCal on Tuesday night. It was nice to Kelly and gang on Friday night. DD was dancing in the parade at the end and loving it! It was her highlight of the trip! :cool1:

We were wondering if anyone knew when the parks in WDW were decorated for Christmas??? and resorts too? :rolleyes1

Actually.... they start after Halloween!!

Since they start the Very Merry Christmas Party the week before Thanksgiving, most of the parks and resorts are decorated. It is a wonderful time to be there!!

Come visit between 11/29 & 12/9 :rolleyes1 and you can see for your self :)

Debbie

Well since it seems that many of our cruise buddies are at WDW, I was bored and decided to twist my ankle coming out of the house today.

You all may have ridden Expedition Everest today, but I got a ride with some very nice looking firefighters in the back of Rescue 1 :rolleyes:

All is well, I guess, no broken bones, but a sprained ankle. :sick: So mom is going to get my prescription for Vicodin :thumbsup2

I guess I will be hanging around the DIS for a few days :)

Debbie

:hug: Hugs for you Debbie. I hope the ankle feels better very soon. Until I read that I was feeling sorry for myself for falling onstage (in blackout so the audience did NOT see thankfully) and having a monster bruise on my thigh). Pippin opened Thursday (thus hte fall On stage) and we had our third performance tonight. Tonight ROCKED:cool1: --it's the most non vacation fun I havee had in years.

Debbie so sorry to hear about your ankle! We are sending you a lot of hugs and good vibes for a quick recovery!:goodvibes :
Thank you for the information. I will forward onto Flyboy tonight.

Well Kids the TOT 13 K is in the Bag and a BIG CONGRADULATIONS TO OUR VERY OWN ANNA!!!!!!! She placed first in her class, way to go a great inspiration…..

Lynn and I were happy with our times.

Pictures to follow. Hey Peter where was it you said to store those pics at?????

It was a fun Race, kinda crowded afterwards but we did stay and do TOT, got home to OKW at about 2:00 AM. Had to ride TOT at least once. Some things with the race could have been better but that is for another time/letter /survey.

Been having a good time seeing my Nephew and BIL and playing tour guide.

What is really KEWL is seeing old friends and making new ones, A trip to WDW/ DL / or DCL is like old home week. Really blessed to have met so many great folks here.

Not sure which park we will go to today, but see some of ya at EPCOT tonight.

Congratulations Anna!!!!! Good Job

Good job Lynn and Scott!!

oh and....

party: :bday: party:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
SCOTT

:bday: party: :bday:

Debbie

Anna - great job!

Scott - have a great birthday at WDW. I can't think of a better place to be on your birthday!

Ken

Last night was a fun run. I had never run at night - especially after eating Mexican food with our dinner club. That turned out better than I thought. The weather was great but there were too many people to do the rides. I think Disney oversold the race package add-on. The medal is unique. I think they can make many improvements for next year. It was fun visiting with Scott and Lynn and First Timers (Alex and Carolyn). My friends and boss today all asked me about these "Disboarders"???? Who are these people? Isn't it funny how an on-line chat group can make friends all over the world.

Hugs to Debbie - here's to a speedy recovery.

One of the Epcot tower's gift shops is already totally decorated for Christmas. I couldn't believe it as I walked out last Tuesday after work. The beautiful lights lattice framework for the Epcot promonade is in the parking lot so that will go up soon. Christmas is on it's way. Disney is starting to decorate earlier and earlier. I imagine a lot will be up right after November 11 - Veteran's Day. All of you coming down this year are in for a beautiful treat.
The re-opening of Spaceship Earth has been pushed back from Nov.13 to Feb.13 - that is a bummer. I love that ride but I'm excited about all the new changes Siemens is making on it. The Yak & Yeti restaurant in AK still isn't taking reservations but I call every week to check - they say it is going to be a winner. We did get lunch reservations for the new buffet lunch at the redesigned Tusker House in AK.

Hope to see more disboarders in the coming weeks. I'm sure they'll all have fun this evening at Epcot. I have a wedding tomorrow from 7 to 2 a.m. at Epcot so I'm not driving in tonight for the get-together. Best to you all.

Hi all, Debbie and Hadley - Big OUCH, hope both of you are better soon!

Scott, Happy B'day - I've been thinking about all you guys in WDW and wondered how the TOT race turned out. Congrats Anna! We really need to have that here too.

I'm up in Santa Barbara this week on a work trip that only requires me to work 90 min. per day for 3 days. So, I brought a ton of work that I never get done at home with the many daily interuptions. Should be a nice trip.

Karen, I didn't realize you were staying for several days... of course, we saw you guys for all of 35 seconds that night. We thought you were heading our way and in a split second we were all heading in opposite directions. We were in a hurry to meet another family who was waiting for us on the next street over. It was a nice fun night, but the kids were wiped out.

Erik, they are saying the weather will be in the high 70's with more Santa Ana winds coming, but nothing like we had last week. I'll update you before your trip.

Whew a few pages of reading to get caught up!!

First - Scott and Lynn - I am so sorry we didn't call - we were so beat from all the short nights of sleep that on Friday that we didn't even get to EPCOT until well after noon - then had 3pm lunch at the new Japan restaurant, walked around for a little while then headed back to Port Orleans to pack :(

Scooby - good luck selling the house - the market has become a buyers market here in NJ, hopefully it is better in Pheonix!

Debbie - sorry to hear about your ankle...good luck healing up and getting back on your feet. I thought of you as we walked past Canada - every time!

To all the Calif people - glad to hear the fires are under control (more or less) also was amazed to hear they were set!! Glad the idiot is caught. I was stunned when I saw the CNN feed while on the Wonder.

I didn't see anyone from this board on the members cruise...we got to meet some of the Disney Legends!! AMAZING! the last night we saw 2 Belles and a Witch. Erik - I am sure you know all the names - one is playing the green witch in the LA production of Wicked right now - she started on Broadway. I will see if I can find her name and post a few pics of the three of them! I was chilling to hear these 3 divas sing When You Wish Upon a Star. Sent chills up my spine (the sunburn didn't help one bit - silly me forgot to put on sunscreen...me the person who tells EVERYONE to wear it...I even had it with me....ugh)

We had a wonderful trip - this was the last of the trips for the 'travel year'. I am in some ways glad to be able to put my luggage away finally. I am tired of tripping over it in the living room. My cats may actually get to know me again and the mailman is fed up with delivering heaps of stuff to the door (I live in a highrise with a lobby box system). My cleaning woman has figured that I make my own money...she wants to know where I am going next!

I will see if I can get the pictures from the Adventures by Disney trip up...I finally did get the May trip posted - PM me for an invite to see them all!

I have finally found video editing software that will convert the file structure that my camera uses, and I actually like this software. I will begin the editing process of all the video I took while on the May cruises - once done -I hope to post it as well. Does anyone have any idea how much one can put on Photobucket (gig or MB maximum)? If so, please let me know, I probably will have the max after the video goes up!!

Well - back to sifting through hundreds of emails (we didn't have internet this trip - wasn't worth the cost!)

Cayla

(I am so glad the Red Sox won...Stacey is just thrilled to pieces!!)

Well Kids we had a great meeting of the Cruises last night.

Thanks all for sharing my B-day with me, it was great.

Thanks for the B-day wishes, it was a good one for sure.

Also for you getting into the Running/Walking Disney Scene, I must recommend the Wish Boards, events/competition thread and the web site Disneyrunning.com.

Lots of good info and WISH has a team discount at runningwarehouse.com.

Been very helpful, good folks.

I'm jealous of all you who got together his past week. It sounds like it would've been so much fun and tastey, too!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the fires don't come back!

I'm laughing at the "flyboy" reference to Karen's DH!

Padalyn, your trips ALL sounded fabulous!

Hadley, there is a saying about dancer's that you aren't a real dancer until you've fallen on stage...we'll extend that to actingl, too! You're a REAL actor now! How's the job thing coming along?

Anna, Thanks for all the "inside" EPCOT info. You should write a newsletter! It is so fun to here about your job!

Hi All,
Come one, Come all - Erik and Jason will be jetting west to Disneyland.
Saturday, 11/3/07 5PM Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian. So far we have 12 of us, do PM me if you would like to join us. See you Saturday everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter