MAY 2014 Car Rentals

fyi i signed up for dollar express a few days beforehand, got the express member number emailed to me 2 days later and i was able to walk right out to the kiosk and my car was waiting! glad i did, the lines inside seemed long.... we reserved a full-size and got an impala.

fyi i signed up for dollar express a few days beforehand, got the express member number emailed to me 2 days later and i was able to walk right out to the kiosk and my car was waiting! glad i did, the lines inside seemed long.... we reserved a full-size and got an impala.

Thanks for letting us know. I have a full size reserved with them for a week @ $111.

Question for Alamo renters - I believe I saw something about using a kiosk rather than taking so long at the exit gate? Anyone have any experience with this? We are already Insiders so we can go straight to the car, but curious if there is another way to get out even faster?

Question for Alamo renters - I believe I saw something about using a kiosk rather than taking so long at the exit gate? Anyone have any experience with this? We are already Insiders so we can go straight to the car, but curious if there is another way to get out even faster?

Going straight to garage and "checking in" at exit gate is fastest, IMHO. Kiosk just replaces need to stand in line for the counter.

Going straight to garage and "checking in" at exit gate is fastest, IMHO. Kiosk just replaces need to stand in line for the counter.

Ok thanks! That's how we have already done it, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to make it even faster!

Thank you! That is what I was hoping. I do have my # on my reservation so I should be good to go. Thanks again. I normally use Alamo and am used to their procedures, but my budget Costco rate is so cheap that I wanted to give them a try.

I am also using Budget/Costco. I already had a Fastbreak card.

But they tell me I let my CC info expire, so I need to stop at the desk inside the airport, that is their policy. Even if I update my CC info online now. (I arrive a week from today). ARGHHH. I called them today, and said, not really much of a FASTBREAK, is it? :rolleyes1

I REALLY love National/Alamo, where I can choose my own car. It is FUN, and I make sure no smoke smell, and it has a key fob that opens the door. Rate can't be beat, not yet though. (Standard car, $113 for 6 days).

I REALLY love National/Alamo, where I can choose my own car. It is FUN, and I make sure no smoke smell, and it has a key fob that opens the door. Rate can't be beat, not yet though. (Standard car, $113 for 6 days).

I know what you mean. I currently have a full size with Alamo @ $149 vs. full size with Dollar @ $112. and am still waffling. $38. isn't anything to sneeze at, but would I really miss it a month from now? :lmao: I need to decide soon so I can cancel one of them.

I am also using Budget/Costco. I already had a Fastbreak card.

But they tell me I let my CC info expire, so I need to stop at the desk inside the airport, that is their policy. Even if I update my CC info online now. (I arrive a week from today). ARGHHH. I called them today, and said, not really much of a FASTBREAK, is it? :rolleyes1

Check Costco's site again. I just did and got a fullsize from Alamo for $124 which is only a few dollars higher than my budget rate. I am much more familiar with Alamo and love picking my own car so I was glad to see their rates come down. Don't know how long this will last as I checked this morning and the Alamo rates were high. Act fast! :)

Check Costco's site again. I just did and got a fullsize from Alamo for $124 which is only a few dollars higher than my budget rate. I am much more familiar with Alamo and love picking my own car so I was glad to see their rates come down. Don't know how long this will last as I checked this morning and the Alamo rates were high. Act fast! :)

Sadly, Alamo is still $50 more than Budget via Costco. National, about the same using KLM code. $50 is too much more for me to pay to use Alamo/National. But, I would pay $25 more, possibly. (To pick my own car, and not stop at any booths or desks first.)

I WILL keep checking though.

My rental went down by about $36 today on Costco through Budget. I used the BCD Code W852875 and MUGZ061 ($40 off) and got my rate for 8 days Full size to $192 all in. It was $228 when I checked it yesterday. (This rental is in PHX, not MCO.) I got the codes off the Costco site but rented through the Budget site.

I am still keeping my National reservation for $238 with the KLM code to see if we can get a minivan/SUV on the Emerald Aisle, but if not, I'm really happy with the $192. The rate was only like $88. PHX has crazy taxes!!!

Quoting myself here so I don't have to retype everything. This rate went down by another $12 today--$180 all in with the codes above for a full size for 8 days in PHX. Hopefully the MCO rates keep going down also.:wizard:

We arrived yesterday with a standard through Alamo at $181, there were limited options and we probably looked pitiful asking which had the biggest trunk, so they let us take a minivan! Yay! Love Alamo!

We arrived yesterday with a standard through Alamo at $181, there were limited options and we probably looked pitiful asking which had the biggest trunk, so they let us take a minivan! Yay! Love Alamo!

I have had great customer service with Alamo. I had a premium booked one year and all they had was a 300M [not bad, but a little big] and a Mercury Marquis. Since I was on a solo trip I asked nicely about other options knowing the rules and willing to accept them if enforced. The employee called somewhere and the next thing I knew I was in a hot little red Infiniti G37. :banana:

did everybody travel already in May? ;)

was hoping for those amazing last minute deals since so many here swear that's when the best rates pop up, once again think that strategy isn't going to work for me.

I've been checking all week, no luv for me @ 5 days out.:confused3

did everybody travel already in May? ;)

was hoping for those amazing last minute deals since so many here swear that's when the best rates pop up, once again think that strategy isn't going to work for me.

I've been checking all week, no luv for me @ 5 days out.:confused3

Try Priceline, we have a minivan for 8 days @ $177.78!

Try Priceline, we have a minivan for 8 days @ $177.78!

thanks we went that route last January needed a minivan. Wound up with Hertz and had an hour wait @ the counter:crazy2:. not sure I want to go that route again anytime soon. Good luck for a speedy pickup.

I need a midsize or higher for 11 days. Have a standard/fullsize with Alamo for $218, not too shabby but after reading how others had rates under $100 this month was hoping for a price drop.

thanks we went that route last January needed a minivan. Wound up with Hertz and had an hour wait @ the counter:crazy2:. not sure I want to go that route again anytime soon. Good luck for a speedy pickup.

I need a midsize or higher for 11 days. Have a standard/fullsize with Alamo for $218, not too shabby but after reading how others had rates under $100 this month was hoping for a price drop.

Thanks, gee, I hope we don't have to wait forever. Alamo always seems to have the longest lines. Our Priceline car is through Budget. We arrive at 8:30 am. Fingers crossed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter