MAY 2015 Car Rentals

If anyone was thinking about priceline... I was just able to get $15/day at priceline for a luxury vehicle (surprise for my husband which I never thought would get accepted) starting this Saturday and going through Memorial Day!!
I have never booked through priceline. are there fees, etc. added on top of the daily rate and what car rental company did you get?

Finally starting to see some downward movement for Alamo. My dates are 5/30 - 06/08 [9 day rental] using 'Save With Alamo' code of 7014926 and Visa coupon of AD2338FDF can get a standard for $175. Using Costco code saves a few more dollars, but I do not have a membership there. Visa code of 7015504 was same as Alamo's own code.

Going to post on the June thread too since my dates overlap months.

First thank you for this thread, without it I wouldn't have been able to do what i did.

I only have these questions because someone asked and now I'm not 100% sure and thought I'd ask lol, though I know I sounded 100%sure on the phone .

So I used the visa code and got 30 dollars off and used the Costco code also. So my sister will be the main driver using her Visa card to pay and she is a Costco member and I entered that in on the site. Since I never use codes or haven't in the past, I booked directly through Alamo with the codes. That's fine correct, I don't need to go through Costco is that correct?

Now as far as the second driver, and I know my one sister will be a little hesitant so I'll explain this to her before we leave so I'm not grump right at 6am lol. So I'm not a big fan of driving, I get nervous if I'm on a highway, though I did good last time in florida there was a moment of tiny panic as a Mack truck came up besides me, I'd love to know where this "fear" comes from, I'm told it's because I haven't really driven in about 5 years on a constant basis. So I've read, here I think, that if you do the kiosk and online check in it doesn't ask you for the second drivers information. I was wondering one if this is true, and two if we did this and the next day we pick up another member of our family, could we call that day and say something like, it never asked for the second persons information do you want it. Or sense there's no human at the kiosk does anyone know if it adks for the second drivers info , I could just enter it there.

I know this all sounds shady lol, and I agree it is but I can still sleep at night lol.

I have never booked through priceline. are there fees, etc. added on top of the daily rate and what car rental company did you get?

I got Avis - which DH is a preferred member. I know that won't save us from going to the counter but I hope we still get the free driver.

It didn't seem like there were any additional fees other then normal taxes. I did Priceline last year and got Hertz. That was fine except the agent told us wrong info about the SunPass for tolls so we paid more for then that they we expected.

Down another $4.68 today. That's popcorn and a soda at the Magic Kingdom! New total is $128.90

How quickly things change. Checked carrentalsavers.com and get an intermediate from Budget for $117.69. Another $11.21 down. Wondering if I can hit the $100 mark before next Thursday!

one thing ill say with alamo is im glad they allow you to book multiple cars for the same days and times, also glad i did it the other day as price went up 30 bucks

Thanks to everyone who posts codes here!

Just wanted to report that I had no trouble with the VROOM VROOM code at the Alamo exit. I did the express option so I could bypass the counter (and there was a line!). Kiosks are easy. The guy at the lot exit didn't ask any questions. Also no trouble when returning the car.

I just wanted to post my Experience with Alamo. I did pre check in stuff online so all I had to do was go out to garage and find my car. I used Visa and Costco codes. I just handed over paperwork my DL and hubs Dl at garage exit and guy put in whatever he had to put in and we were on our way.

How quickly things change. Checked carrentalsavers.com and get an intermediate from Budget for $117.69. Another $11.21 down. Wondering if I can hit the $100 mark before next Thursday!

Did my final car rental price checks this morning, and it looks like the $117.69 is the best I will get for my trip that starts tomorrow. Not a bad price at all. So far, another seamless experience using carrentalsavers. The reservation went right over to Budget. Got an email reminder from Budget yesterday that included the price confirmation. Hoping I get a decent car. Will report back after car pick up.

Finally starting to see some downward movement for Alamo. My dates are 5/30 - 06/08 [9 day rental] using 'Save With Alamo' code of 7014926 and Visa coupon of AD2338FDF can get a standard for $175. Using Costco code saves a few more dollars, but I do not have a membership there. Visa code of 7015504 was same as Alamo's own code.

Going to post on the June thread too since my dates overlap months.

A little more downward movement today. Same dates as above using Visa coupon and Disney AP discount down to $155. total for a standard vehicle. I think that's an excellent rate! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter