May 2016 Car Rentals

MarieA

DIS Veteran
I know it's a little early but I just booked a Lock and Go (Compact car or larger) for April 29 - May 8. Total price was $178.74.

Following this thread. I will be booking a car rental for May 21-28th at MCO.

Looking for car rental. May 18 to May June 1. Would like a mid size or larger prices in the mid 400s

Looking for car rental. May 18 to May June 1. Would like a mid size or larger prices high now mid 400s

My price went down about $20 with the Vegas Brazil code. It also includes CDW coverage now... Not sure if thats a good thing or bad.

My price went down about $20 with the Vegas Brazil code. It also includes CDW coverage now... Not sure if thats a good thing or bad.

Odd because mine doesn't include CWD coverage using the code..maybe cause i'm not a resident of the USA?

Odd because mine doesn't include CWD coverage using the code..maybe cause i'm not a resident of the USA?
Did you try a new reservation? My original one did not include it. I tried again yesterday and it included the insurance and an additional driver.

Did you try a new reservation? My original one did not include it. I tried again yesterday and it included the insurance and an additional driver.

I stand corrected... I just looked at the one I did yesterday. (Rate came in a few $'s lower so I rebooked) and it DOES have it on it!

Sooo what does "CDW-allocated inclusive" mean anyways?

We normally bypass the insurance as our Auto policy & Visa coverers rentals cars.

Booked in August a compact through Costco for $120 for the 3rd week of May and since then rate have only risen to be almost double that currently. Will wait and watch for when they start to fall.

I'm surprised there isn't more May car rental chatter yet. I guess I will give this a bump and see if anyone had found anything good. The best price I am seeing right now is booking through my Visa rewards points. I could get a STD car for 10 days for $230 with Alamo. The best part is that is in Canadian. Exchange is terrible right now, so paying in Cdn helps. I can't find anything that low in USD anyway. Once I use my $90 in Visa points I would pay $140 for the rental.

My only hesitation is that after renting cars in orlando for years, I know better than to prepay. A better rate usually comes along. Then again, car rentals haven't seemed to follow their typical patterns on our last couple of trips, and our exchange rate is so bad right now that I'm probably better off to take what I can live with. However, we're still four months out at this point.

I'm surprised there isn't more May car rental chatter yet. I guess I will give this a bump and see if anyone had found anything good. The best price I am seeing right now is booking through my Visa rewards points. I could get a STD car for 10 days for $230 with Alamo. The best part is that is in Canadian. Exchange is terrible right now, so paying in Cdn helps. I can't find anything that low in USD anyway. Once I use my $90 in Visa points I would pay $140 for the rental.

My only hesitation is that after renting cars in orlando for years, I know better than to prepay. A better rate usually comes along. Then again, car rentals haven't seemed to follow their typical patterns on our last couple of trips, and our exchange rate is so bad right now that I'm probably better off to take what I can live with. However, we're still four months out at this point.
Nothing good here. My best is still the Vegas Brazil code. I'm hoping something else comes a long.

Holding onto my reservation made in August as prices still way higher then back then and surprised they have not started to fall more yet.

Currently sitting at $283 for a compact for 4/30-5/14 through Alamo. I used the Brazil code and a coupon code for $15 off(AD9Z14AAH).

Hoping to see some more coupon codes drop after the new year.

Well now I've gone and done it. We invited my inlaws to join us which is not a problem, but we all know that means the dreaded minivan rental hunt :scared:
We are staying at Bonnet Creek so it would actually be preferable to rent two cars so we can split up for different activities. I think I need to push that option because it makes more sense. They can rent theirs and we'll rent ours.

Well I just tried with my AAA membership and got a full-size for $243 for 5/19- 5/26 with Dollar. Saved me over $20 and it's a bigger car.

I booked a minivan at Payless, 05/16/2015 - 05/29/2015. $100,00 per week $ 370,66 total with tax. Booked through Expedia.

Reservation Details
Rate Type AMT Mi/Km Extra Mi/Km Extended Amount Total Mi/Km CURR
Rental Time Charge UNL 0.00 200.00 UNL USD
Concession Recovery Fee (10%) 28.14
Customer Facility Fee 12.50
Energy Recovery Fee 6.00
Florida Surcharge 26.00
Vehicle License Fee 10.40
State Sales Tax 22.62
Options 65.00
ESTIMATED TOTAL 370.66 USD

Unfortunately, I had to change my plans and I'll arrive at MCO in 05/15. Tried to add a day to the reservation but Payless is charging me a lot of money.

Also booked a Premium SUV (Suburban or similar) at Alamo through Rentalcars.com, 05/15 - 05/29 (got the dates right this time :D). $1,262.00 total, including Collision Damage Waiver, Extended Protection, Fuel Service Optionl, 3 (!) additional drivers and taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter