May 29th 2023 Wonder 7 Night Alaskan

JenAinFL

Earning My Ears
Looking to connect with folks going on the Memorial Day sailing to Alaska! My first Disney cruise, 6th total cruises, 4th cruise line, and 2nd time to Alaska.

We will also be on that sailing. 2nd Disney cruise. Never been to Alaska and have never been on another cruise line. It is me, hubby(celebrating our 25th anniversary) DS(18) his graduation trip, DS (23) and his Girlfriend (20 who is graduating from college in May). Looking forward to everything!! Lol

We will also be on that sailing. 2nd Disney cruise. Never been to Alaska and have never been on another cruise line. It is me, hubby(celebrating our 25th anniversary) DS(18) his graduation trip, DS (23) and his Girlfriend (20 who is graduating from college in May). Looking forward to everything!! Lol
So many celebrations! That’s exciting! When is your anniversary? My parents with be with me and celebrating their 56th on the last night!

Yes! It is a big trip for us. We let each kid pick a destination for a trip after high school. This one just happens to be the same year as our 25th. Congratulations to your parents!! Definitely goals as a couple! Ours is not until October (24th), but this is a good time for us to cruise with the kids (the 23 yr old will have just finished his 2nd year of law school when we travel). We won’t have money to do another trip just for us (ok by me, love having my kids around).
What are y’all most looking forward to?

We'll also be on this sailing! Myself, DH and DS - celebrating his 8th birthday! Our 4th cruise (all Disney), second time on the wonder, first time in Alaska. We are really looking forward to it! We have been to Vancouver before on a short visit before our Pacific Coast repositioning cruise. There is still more we want to see and do so we've planned an extra week in Vancouver after the cruise. The cruise will be a surprise for DS, he only knows about Vancouver and the adventures we are planning there.

Greetings!

This is a rescheduled COVID trip and so excited to be finally going ! I'll be traveling with DH, DD (9) and DS (4). Today's 90 days ( woohoo!) and I didn't see any character breakfasts :( are those all gone or were they never posted? Most things say unavailable or sold out, but not this, so I didn't know.

Happy sailing!!

I'm excited for your family's rescheduled covid trip!

I didn't see those charter breakfasts either. Hopefully they add some, or we'll check on the ship. I saw the Royal Gathering Princess Greeting said it would be added on April 29th, perhaps that's when the Character Breakfast will added as well. We were really hoping for Glacier AND dogsledding together, but they were full -or only had one or two spots and we'd like to do it together. Oh well. I'll keep checking to see if someone drops it.
Greetings!

This is a rescheduled COVID trip and so excited to be finally going ! I'll be traveling with DH, DD (9) and DS (4). Today's 90 days ( woohoo!) and I didn't see any character breakfasts :( are those all gone or were they never posted? Most things say unavailable or sold out, but not this, so I didn't know.

Happy sailing!!

Greetings!

Happy sailing!!
I was able to get what we were looking for last night, but we are all adults. I didn’t look for any character breakfasts, so I don’t know the answer for you! Hopefully someone will come along who will! Hope you have a great trip!

I didn't see those charter breakfasts either. Hopefully they add some, or we'll check on the ship. I saw the Royal Gathering Princess Greeting said it would be added on April 29th, perhaps that's when the Character Breakfast will added as well. We were really hoping for Glacier AND dogsledding together, but they were full -or only had one or two spots and we'd like to do it together. Oh well. I'll keep checking to see if someone drops it.
My husband called and they said it was paused during COVID and they haven't brought them back. Sounds like I'm not missing it, but would like to see them back as this is a cruise experience we were looking forward to on the longer cruise. We were able to get brunch at Palo and the glacier excursion so we got everything we wanted. With the exception of the royal gathering we have everything booked! So excited!!!

My husband called and they said it was paused during COVID and they haven't brought them back. Sounds like I'm not missing it, but would like to see them back as this is a cruise experience we were looking forward to on the longer cruise. We were able to get brunch at Palo and the glacier excursion so we got everything we wanted. With the exception of the royal gathering we have everything booked! So excited!!!
I hope they add the character breakfast back so y’all can enjoy it! We are doing the glacier at 12:45 and got Palo brunch on the last day at sea! I tried not to get my hopes up to do either. Word of mouth said it was pretty impossible at silver. So excited!

You might book from temesco. I believe that's who Disney uses. There are two different companies. With the exception of the glacier viewing we booked locally. I did a lot of research and was comfortable doing such. Everyone has been super even dealing with our cancellation during our COVID cancellation.

I hope they add the character breakfast back so y’all can enjoy it! We are doing the glacier at 12:45 and got Palo brunch on the last day at sea! I tried not to get my hopes up to do either. Word of mouth said it was pretty impossible at silver. So excited!
We are on the 12:45 too! I had given up hope about Palo brunch but my husband kept checking and sure enough a table opened up. I was anxious that silver wasn't going to have any openings. We just decided two weeks ago to rebook, so it was fortunate it's all worked out.

Last edited:
You might book from temesco. I believe that's who Disney uses. There are two different companies. With the exception of the glacier viewing we booked locally. I did a lot of research and was comfortable doing such. Everyone has been super even dealing with our cancellation during our COVID cancellation.
Thank you so much for the tip! I was able to book the exact dog sledding excursion we wanted with Temesco and it was $200 less per person.

Hello everyone. We are on this cruise with you. We, being my DH and myself and it’s our 1st Alaskan cruise but our 18th DCL. We will be flying into Vancouver the day before. Have been looking into booking Yukon Rail & Bus excursion with Chilkoot Charters in Skagway. Have booked it with DCL but thinking of changing it as it is $40 p.p cheaper and with the exchange on the Canadian dollar right now it makes quite a difference. Still checking out the other stops. What is everyone else doing?

Hello everyone. We are on this cruise with you. We, being my DH and myself and it’s our 1st Alaskan cruise but our 18th DCL. We will be flying into Vancouver the day before. Have been looking into booking Yukon Rail & Bus excursion with Chilkoot Charters in Skagway. Have booked it with DCL but thinking of changing it as it is $40 p.p cheaper and with the exchange on the Canadian dollar right now it makes quite a difference. Still checking out the other stops. What is everyone else doing?
We are doing the glacier boat on glacier day.
The adult only whitepass railroad in Skagway.
The Mendenhall Glacier, Salmon Bake, and Whale Watching in Juneau. We just plan to walk around Ketchikan and see what we find.
This is only our second cruise ever, both DCL.
It is 5 of us, all Disney adults. Youngest is 18.
Looking forward to it all!!

We are doing the glacier boat on glacier day.
The adult only whitepass railroad in Skagway.
The Mendenhall Glacier, Salmon Bake, and Whale Watching in Juneau. We just plan to walk around Ketchikan and see what we find.
This is only our second cruise ever, both DCL.
It is 5 of us, all Disney adults. Youngest is 18.
Looking forward to it all!!
What time are you booked for the glacier boat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter