May 2nd, 2023 - DVC The Villas @ Disneyland Hotel

I'm buying on Day 1

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 134 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not blown away or surprised by the incentives - The only thing that kinda makes me chuckle is that first $4 per point drop.
DVC is making full rate with anybody adding on at 124 points or less at $230 with no incentives at these point levels.

At 125 points - VDH would be $226 vs $207 Aulani $212 Riviera $209 VGF. So another premium.

Now this is where it gets interesting - at 150+ points, it appears to be a big incentive at $20 vs the others but it’s not. $210 VDH $204 Aulani $210 Riviera $207 VGF. At this point, it’s equivalent to Riviera! And only a few bucks more than the other 2.

At 175, $209 VDH $199 Aulani $208 Riviera $204 VGF.

At 200, $208 VDH $191 Aulani $201 Riviera $197 VGF.

At 250, $207 VDH $188 Aulani $200 Riviera $195 VGF.

DVC is making full rate with anybody adding on at 124 points or less at $230 with no incentives at these point levels.

At 125 points - VDH would be $226 vs $207 Aulani $212 Riviera $209 VGF. So another premium.

Now this is where it gets interesting - at 150+ points, it appears to be a big incentive at $20 vs the others but it’s not. $210 VDH $204 Aulani $210 Riviera $207 VGF. At this point, it’s equivalent to Riviera! And only a few bucks more than the other 2.

At 175, $209 VDH $199 Aulani $208 Riviera $204 VGF.

At 200, $208 VDH $191 Aulani $201 Riviera $197 VGF.

At 250, $207 VDH $188 Aulani $200 Riviera $195 VGF.
Interesting that at 200 point level, incentives at Florida properties jump up, whereas this jump is at 150 for VDH.

The interesting piece is that the jump to $20/pt may make someone move to the 150 and then be eligible for membership extras, vs just doing less.
The difference between 100 and 150 is still $8500 or $170/point and ME isn’t worth almost anything at Disneyland so I’m not sure that bait will catch many fish.

The interesting piece is that the jump to $20/pt may make someone move to the 150 and then be eligible for membership extras, vs just doing less.
Has me thinking at 150 points with the discounts even though I cannot justify the extra points, though extra points is always a good problem to have right?

For those that want to buy to use at both places, it might….granted VDH is more local but it still may be enough for someone to make that jump.
That would seemingly make more sense for new members, but presumably 150 points would take many existing members well above the 150 point ME level. I would assume a lot of existing members already qualify, i.e. grandfathered at previous lower threshold

Has me thinking at 150 points with the discounts even though I cannot justify the extra points, though extra points is always a good problem to have right?
I'd say it depends! I bumped up what I was originally considering buying in order to have a small cushion.

It's funny - for me, the $20 off per point is very tempting, but then seeing it as $3000 overall off is not. :confused3

I was going to only buy 50 points, then decided 75 was a better number for me, given the points chart. I was briefly tempted to bump it up to get the per point discount, because who doesn't like a sale?! But then I realized that, for me, it would cost substantially more than the savings, because I'd have to end up financing. For 75 points, I can float it on 0% credit cards, but for 150 points, I'd need to finance - at 8.99%! :scared:

That would seemingly make more sense for new members, but presumably 150 points would take many existing members well above the 150 point ME level. I would assume a lot of existing members already qualify, i.e. grandfathered at previous lower threshold
New member incentives usually a bit less the current owners right?

I was hoping to be tempted this morning but instead I’m just put off. They do realize that people are pretty disgusted with Disney right now? This pricing is like they are top of their game— and uh, you’re not Disney. You’re pretty much in the trough within a countrywide tough. But sure, go ahead and ask peak pricing.

All that aside… let me get this straight (because I have not been following closely):

1. parking is included (crazy that this is even on the table— like they are “threatening” to take more away)

2. Dues are like $8/$9 per point

3. You have to pay a tax if you stay there like Aulani regardless of whether you own or not

New member incentives usually a bit less the current owners right?
There are no new member incentives right now. There won’t be until May 30 when it goes on sale. If you own *any* points - no matter how few, no matter how or when you bought them - you qualify for this presale and these incentives.

The new member offering starting 5/30 may not include an incentive at all; my guess is that it will but it will be less than $10 at 150 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter