May 31 Eastern - Don't think it's anywhere near full!

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
Is there anyone else going???

DU only has 4 bookings for it (one is ours) and everytime I post no one responds! Does this mean we're cruising on a sparsely booked ship? They should REDUCE the rates if this is the case and try to fill it... wouldn't that make sense? This one priced much higher than the Western the week before... which seems pretty well booked from posts here... we couldn't do it due to DD's school schedule.

Any way to check on how many cabins are going to be empty?

Myself, DH and DS (5) will be sailing on the 31st also. I've been wondering how booked the ship would be considering there seems to be a thread started somewhere for every other sailing other then ours.
However, packed or not the anticipation is killing me. This is our first cruise ever. With all I have read, I am glad it's w/ Disney.
I can't believe only 37 days left! I am counting every second and will be visiting Disboards for up to date information and tips until the monent I leave. This has been such a wonderful place to get information. Thank you to all of you. This is truly invaluable.

Well... I'm sure glad I found someone going! Like you, I've seen threads for every other cruise... except ours. We cruised the Western last year... same time... there must have been 30 or more Dis'ers on that sailing. So it has me wondering :rolleyes:

I am going with DH, DD-15 (OMG she is turning 15 next week... scary). We are in a Cat 7 on Deck 5 (my fav deck!) Where are yall going to be?

This is my 3rd Dis cruise... I've done one 3-day and then the 7-day Western last year.

Can't believe how close it's getting!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We originally had Cat 7 on deck five on the May 3-10th Eastern, but we are Florida residents so when the FL. resident rates and dates came out we switched the date and to a cat 9 because that's all that was offered to us at the special discount. It saved us over $1000 so I am not complaining :D. Maybe I can talk my husband into booking the western while on board w/ our savings.
We have second seating for dinner, booked the Eagle Catamaran in Saint Marteen and will go out on our own in St. Thomas... Hope we made some good choices. Do you usually book excursions through Disney?? Oh, and one other question.... I love Bingo, do you have any idea how much it costs??

I don't know about $$$ of bingo... but it's something I'd like to try this time! We only booked one excursion last year, and that was on our own in Grand Caymen. We don't have any excursions booked this year... just plan to kind of wing it. I'm interested in going up the lift to Paradise Point in St. Thomas... and we MUST make it by the Hard Rock Cafe as my daughter just doesn't have enough HRC t-shirts with the 30 or so she already has :eek:

I don't really know what we'll do in St. Maarten. We will do shopping in both I'm sure. I enjoyed all of the ports last year... and hope I'm not disappointed with one less port. I haven't heard great things about St. Maarten... but I like to visit new places and certainly didn't want to go back to the same ports as last year!

We are on main seating for dinner... and will try to do Palo on Sun night in lieu of the Master Chef's Series. This was my least favorite dinner last year. I'd also like to do a brunch again... it was incredible!

Can't wait!!!

Counting down...

Ginger

Hello Ginger,

36 days and counting! Quick question... What type of Dress do you usually wear on Formal/Semi formal night. What do you see the most of.... pants, long dress, short dress etc. I love to get dressed up, but don't want to over do it:)

Angela

That's a tough one. We saw everything. My DH wore a suit & tie, I wore a tea length black gown. We were the best dressed at our table. The other man at our table wore some kind of Hawaiian shirt, no tie! And no, he wasn't confused about tropical night... he had another for that :)

On semi-formal we went to Palo. Suit & tie for dh, simple floral dress for me.

Some people go all out... men wearing a tux and ladies in beaded gowns... to people like the one's at our table. So I'm going to dress up again... whatever others want to do is their choice. My recommendation: Do what makes you feel good :)

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We are also going on the May 31. Is it better if the ship is full? Im confused, I would think it's is better if there is less people. 30 More days and counting!:Pinkbounc

I agree w/ you. I would think less crowding is better. But considering this is my first cruise maybe there are some benefits to having a full ship.
For me however, shortet lines, better chance of getting palo and cabana massage reservations... sounds perfect to me;)

I, too, will be on the May 31st Magic. Me, myself and I. Everyone asks why I'm going alone and my response is that it's a vacation and the thought of being removed from my life for a week is appealing. :) Maybe I'm just anti-social. Actually, I hope to meet cool people on the ship.

On June 7, I'll be heading straight from the Port to the Magic Kindgom!

I think the reason the may 31 eastern is not real full is because it is one of the most expensive sailing dates of the year. I only booked then because i got a military special and saved $1800. Otherwise to expensive for my budget.

The rates were extremely high for the week, IMO. We cruised the week prior last year on the Western and paid at least $1k less. But if you go through Jun-Jul-Aug, they go even higher :( I know because I checked! We were limited... as school had to be out... and this was actually the cheapest we could find the Eastern when DD is out of school.

So it better be fun!!! I have no doubt it will be! We are spending 2 nights at Hard Rock Hotel beforehand so we're down to 3 1/2 weeks!!!

Woo Hoo!

I'm sure we're gonna all have a blast. Like I said I cant complain about the price because of the military special. I saved all that money and it was last minute. I didnt book till april 11.

I've only cruised (twice) on full ships... so I'm excited to see how it may change the experience if it isn't full. I too would think it would be better! I'm going to try and request my server from last year, and get spa and Palo ressies. So the less competition the better!

The only times I really "felt" the ship full on our other cruises was at Shutters (always packed), deck parties, and at Castaway Cay. The family beach was packed... but we just passed right by to go over to Serenity Bay :)

I can't think of a disadvantage to having a less-than-capacity cruise :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter