May Med Magic - May 15 2010 - Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone flying British Airways worried about the strike? I read that voting (on whether or not to strike again) will end Thursday and the earliest strike date is May 14. That's the day we're leaving London for Barcelona!

We'll know on Friday this week whether there is a strike or not.

The news seems to be that the Union are recommending that their members vote against BA's offer. The ballot ends on May 7th and they have to give 7 days notice of a strike. SO the absolute earliest the strike could be is May 14.

Actually i just went away and looked back at the March strikes, the ballot results were announced on Friday 12 March and the strike started at midnight between Fri 19 and Sat 20.

So hopefully that means by announcing a strike on 7 May they can only start at midnight between 14 and 15 May - I'm guessing most people on our cruise who are flying BA are arriving in barcelona on 14 May so fingers crossed everyone or nearly everyone will be ok.

If you're flying BA through Heathrow there's a reasonable chance of BA being able to put you onto a plane even if there is a strike. BA are merging with Iberia who also operate flights LHR-BCN so i'm figuring there'll be some options for BA to use Iberia planes to move their passengers to Spain at least. (fingers crossed)

As long as i get there - i don't care if i can't get home afterwards :lmao:

[QUOTE/charlottewilliams] Hello to you!! Oxford isnt far havent seen many Brits on the roll call i just cant wait to meet everyone its so great that we are form all over the world my daughter keeps trying to talk "american" and is hoping to pick up the accents lol :rotfl::rotfl:

Welcome to the DIS! :grouphug:

Just hope you can all keep up with ours!! Us Welsh have a tendancy to talk very fast:goodvibesAwww that is so cute. Your daughter should pick up on our (mine and my wife's) southern accent in no time... it just grows on ya! :lmao:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the DIS! :grouphug:

Just hope you can all keep up with ours!! Us Welsh have a tendancy to talk very fast:goodvibesAwww that is so cute. Your daughter should pick up on our (mine and my wife's) southern accent in no time... it just grows on ya! :lmao:
[/QUOTE]

Have made our countdown to disney calender now (any more than 10 sleep would be toooo long)lol !!!
Am off to get my magnetic paper and hoping:confused: to be able to actually print the beautiful designs form this wonderful site :love:(seems there are peps on here that actually personalise them for you too wow)!

Am gonna attempt to make my door ears too! half way through FE, brought all (100) gifts!!!

Oh Jeff has kindly sorted my lanyards :love:(thanks for showing me what they are i did know just having a blonde moment!!) We check when the meets are, Will bring a small canvas to pass to the desk?? (which desk will do this for me)to ask all characters to sign!!
Have i missed anythink (not bad going as only found this site yest)lol!!!
Just need to check in, print off,pack,sort money and stress about this volcanic cloud they may ruin our dreams !!!!!!!! Have been praticin my very best english accent (one doesnt speak as one should) to add to our colourful languges on board!:rotfl: Am sure i have a million more things to do ( my house is totally upside down all becouse "mummy is on the computer again" love this site!!! Hubby does not :rotfl: Speak soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have made our countdown to disney calender now (any more than 10 sleep would be toooo long)lol !!!
Am off to get my magnetic paper and hoping:confused: to be able to actually print the beautiful designs form this wonderful site :love:(seems there are peps on here that actually personalise them for you too wow)!

Am gonna attempt to make my door ears too! half way through FE, brought all (100) gifts!!!

Oh Jeff has kindly sorted my lanyards :love:(thanks for showing me what they are i did know just having a blonde moment!!) We check when the meets are, Will bring a small canvas to pass to the desk?? (which desk will do this for me)to ask all characters to sign!!
Just need to check in, print off,pack,sort money and stress about this volcanic cloud they may ruin our dreams !!!!!!!! Have been praticin my very best english accent (one doesnt speak as one should) to add to our colourful languges on board!:rotfl: Am sure i have a million more things to do ( my house is totally upside down all becouse "mummy is on the computer again" love this site!!! Hubby does not :rotfl: Speak soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/QUOTE]

Ohhh have found another fun thing to do PIRATES NIGHT!!! Will sort costume out too!! Oh by the way formal night is that shirt and tie for men or will hubby be ok in trouser and smart shirt!! xxx

Just need to check in, print off,pack,sort money and stress about this volcanic cloud they may ruin our dreams !!!!!!!! Have been praticin my very best english accent (one doesnt speak as one should) to add to our colourful languges on board!:rotfl: Am sure i have a million more things to do ( my house is totally upside down all becouse "mummy is on the computer again" love this site!!! Hubby does not :rotfl: Speak soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Most people will dress up in suit or tux for formal night. My DH has a tux so we are bringing that. Has he got smart suit?? Ohhh have found another fun thing to do PIRATES NIGHT!!! Will sort costume out too!! Oh by the way formal night is that shirt and tie for men or will hubby be ok in trouser and smart shirt!! xxx[/QUOTE]

What documents do I need to print and take with? I know I can fill them all out at the port but thought I would print as much as I can here. Is it only the cruise contract?

:rotfl2:never mind....found it! :yay:

Bring the following items with you to the port terminal**:

Signed Online Check-in Signature Form
Signed Payment Authorization Form
Signed and completed optional forms from Step Five
Valid proof of citizenship for all members of your party — including children
Valid government issued photo identification for all adults in your party

I need a vacation!!!

:rotfl2:never mind....found it! :yay:

Bring the following items with you to the port terminal**:

Signed Online Check-in Signature Form
Signed Payment Authorization Form
Signed and completed optional forms from Step Five
Valid proof of citizenship for all members of your party — including children
Valid government issued photo identification for all adults in your party

I need a vacation!!!

If i was a Dr i would prescribe an 11 night cruise starting next week. That'll solve all your woes.

Getting nervous here! Dublin airport cancelled all flights from 11am to midnight tonight and it is expected there is worse to come! We have looked into ferries from Ireland to France and driving to Barcelona - will wait to weekend and see how things pan out. Anyone flying into/out of Irish/Scottish airports?

On another note, any suggestions regarding dinner - we are down for the late seating however with two loud kiddies! DD4 and DS2 would the earlier sitting be preferable?

Getting very excited - despite the airport situation!!

We are flying from Gatwick and just praying it doesn't keep travelling south:eek: We have a DS6 and DD8 and decided to go for early seating as there is no way i could keep them going till gone 8 for food!! Thought it would be easier to get them fed first then watch the shows....
Getting nervous here! Dublin airport cancelled all flights from 11am to midnight tonight and it is expected there is worse to come! We have looked into ferries from Ireland to France and driving to Barcelona - will wait to weekend and see how things pan out. Anyone flying into/out of Irish/Scottish airports?

On another note, any suggestions regarding dinner - we are down for the late seating however with two loud kiddies! DD4 and DS2 would the earlier sitting be preferable?

If i was a Dr i would prescribe an 11 night cruise starting next week. That'll solve all your woes.

I am a doctor and Ill write that prescription with refills.

Did I hear correctly that when we get to 250 pages, the site locks and we have to open a new thread. I don't think there is anyway around us hitting 250 pgs by Sunday!

There's definately more kids at early dining but there's always plenty at late dining. And i wouldn't be worried about your kids being rowdy - the adults can be just as excitable.

There are crayons and colouring on the kid menus so stuff to keep the little ones (and the thirty or forty something big ones too!) amused during dinner.

You can always take advantage of dine and play on late seating (only available on late seating) - the kids club people pick up the kids part way through dinner and wisk them away so the adults can have a more lisurely dinner. I think you just have to tell your server that your kid(s) are doing dine and play so they get their food quickly.

Don't let your child leave early for dine and play on rotation dining night at Animator's Palate though (the navigator in your room will tell you if it is rotation dining night or not). I won't spoil the surprise for new cruisers but its worth waiting it out when dining Animators show dinner.

I am a doctor and Ill write that prescription with refills.

Did I hear correctly that when we get to 250 pages, the site locks and we have to open a new thread. I don't think there is anyway around us hitting 250 pgs by Sunday!

We'll so hit 250 by Friday! :surfweb: :rotfl:

As the resident dermatologist on this cruise, may I add that pale IS the new tan!:laughing::laughing:

"Love it" I always fake it... I use SPF 50 It's almost like wearing a coat lol

Welcome to all the newbie’s.

I'm sooo excited my travel documents have just turned up, I was starting to get a bit worried, :dance3:

Started packing I think it going to be a bit of a struggle with only 20kg weight limit maybe DH tux's will have to stay at home.

We Just booked a car for Malta it’s so cheap only £20 Day, so where going to do Popeye’s village in the morning, I think it may be fun to go see a old film Set of the 1980 and going to check out the blue grotto on the afternoon. Does anyone know if we’ll have to prebook a boat for the grotto or can we just turn up?

I would definitely try to change to the early seating. Late seating doesn't begin until 8:30 pm and that's really late for two younger children. If they were 8-10, it might be different but they really should be eating early.

We Just booked a car for Malta it’s so cheap only £20 Day, so where going to do Popeye’s village in the morning, I think it may be fun to go see a old film Set of the 1980 and going to check out the blue grotto on the afternoon. Does anyone know if we’ll have to prebook a boat for the grotto or can we just turn up?

Wow! That's a lot cheaper than the rates I've been seeing. Who did you book with?

Good lord, folks! I'm away from my desk for half a day, and there's 5 pages of posts!!!! :eek:

That's just scary, scary! I hope everyone is OK!

As folks mentioned, I *am* staying at the Eurostars Grand Marina. I'd love to meet up & go as a group. Do we want to set a time to meet in the lobby or something?

Sayhello

Hi, meeting in the lobby would be great :cool1:

Welcome to all the newbie’s.

I'm sooo excited my travel documents have just turned up, I was starting to get a bit worried, :dance3:

Started packing I think it going to be a bit of a struggle with only 20kg weight limit maybe DH tux's will have to stay at home.

Glad to hear your Travel Documents have finally arrived Jo!

Where did you arrange the Car Hire? We are going to Mediterraneo Marine Park (by Bus assuming that my instructions work ha!)

For that price we would definately just hire a Car and save messing about

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the Chocolate Museum in Barcelona.

http://www.pastisseria.com/en/PortadaMuseu

Jill

I live for chocolate!!!

We maybe up for this it is open Monday to Saturday, 10 am – 7 pm. We have a tour on May 13th that ends at 12:30 PM and another on May 14th that ends around 2:30 PM. Other then that we are open - expect for maybe going to see the magic fountains as a group on May 14th.

Maybe if enough people are interested we could go to the chocolate museum then to see the fountain. Maybe not they are not close, about 4.7 km apart.

Hi, meeting in the lobby would be great :cool1:

We might join the other Eurostars Grand Marina people for a trip to the fountains.

Whether we can depends on if our rugby team is scheduled to play their semi-final playoff on that Friday evening.

If they are then we will be huddled in front of our netbook trying to find a live (probably slightly dodgy) stream of the game to watch (seeing as there's free wifi in the hotel).

If they are scheduled to play Saturday then we'd probably be up for going off to the fountain show.

I guess if a meet time is set for the hotel lobby then we'll know where to meet if we are able to join others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter