MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Did i hear my name, amidst the lovely sound of chainsaws?:laughing:

& Barbados, did I hear Barbados :)? One of my favorite islands to visit when cruising...that thing people used to enjoy, sigh.

I cannot imagine-hugs. had to be so scary for you all.

lol......you certainly did....dammit Janet.....:cheer2:

Barbados does look gorgeous.......mind you so does Bermuda......so many gorgeous little islands to choose from.....or as Tom says....plenty of choice to be bored on......lol.....he`s such a pragmatist!

Yes, thankfully, all worked out in the end........:thumbsup2

We've been caught in that too and it's terrible! Our first trip they were showing Fantasmic twice a night at Hollywood Studios, and we were going to the second one. It was absolute chaos from all the people trying to enter and leave at the same time, and there was no organization to the crowd at all it was the most people I've ever seen packed into an area.

We made the same mistake the first year or two we went too :rotfl: The first year I was tired, and I don't think we even got to all the houses in that night.

:lmao:

I still have those horns actually and a white pair too......I do bring them out now and again.......one of them looked positively alarmed one time......I just smiled as I politely told them they were wasting their time with me.......lol......

We were the same......the first year we definitely didn`t do all the houses....would love them to redo that whole year just so we could see them.......

We never did see Fantasmic.........but yes, did hear that can be so crowded too......it is dreadful to feel so helpless in a crowd.

It was horrible......that feeling of just being swept along with a crowd.....we were so glad to get out of there that night. To add insult to injury, a tiny little woman bumped into me and almost knocked me flying as we headed to the boat.......lol...her reasoning as I yelled Hey at her was......"I`m tired".....lol......yes, being tired is an excuse for rudeness. Think she was an early snowflake........

Unfortunately, our past couple visits we've seen more and more rudeness... And the ones riding scooters that have no idea how to drive them are a hazard too!!! Disney is supposed to be a Magical place but these people are sucking the magic out of it for us... :sad2: The word "entitlement" always pops into my head when I think of these people... :rolleyes2

Last edited:
The word "entitlement" always pops into my head when I think of these people... :rolleyes2
Hey, you’re talking about my park...mine, mine, mine...all mine :earboy2:

I Enjoy all the Orlando parks. Freely admit, there is a strange mouse madness that appears to afflict more than a few people once they step foot on the park grounds :confused3

I Enjoy all the Orlando parks. Freely admit, there is a strange mouse madness that appears to afflict more than a few people once they step foot on the park grounds :confused3

:rotfl2: Oh I know better because if you're here on the DIS reading Carole's TR, then you aren't one of THOSE people!!!! :rotfl2:But there does seem to be more and more of them each trip we take...

Quick story - my coworker took her family to Disney 20+ years ago... She rented a wheel chair for her perfectly healthy son so they could skip to the front of the line because "she's spending alot of money on this vacation and doesn't have time to wait in line"... Ok, like the other people in line got in free and have all the time in the world to wait because she's more important than they are... :scared1: So I can't say "entitlement" is a younger generation thing because my coworker retired a couple years ago and is now in her mid 60's...

So that night, we were honestly a little scared of just how many people were crammed around us.

Yes I hear you on this. I am a huge Disney fan but do have some scary memories of the crowds on Main St. and trying to get out of there during a parade. Not fun. Although I did hear something about them potentially widening some walkways to hopefully improve on this. But of course with Covid who knows what the heck will happen next.

And the fabulous Rocky Horror Picture Show which was the most fabulous thing to watch and much to Kyle`s mortification dancing along to the Timewarp with everyone else.......well, you just have to join in........:cheer2:

OMG this is my absolute fave. I know all the audience participation bits and used to go a lot in high school when it was shown at a local theatre. Did they show the whole movie at HHN or just the Time Warp part? I would go just for that lol.

She rented a wheel chair for her perfectly healthy son so they could skip to the front of the line because "she's spending alot of money on this vacation and doesn't have time to wait in line"..
They closed down that loophole awhile ago, rightly so

I love to fly, especially knowing that nearly every flight I will see a miracle happen...

person that needed WC assistance to the gate is suddenly able to spring up and rush off the plane when we land. Hallelujah:rolleyes1

Thanks...it is such a beautiful country ❤

Is your trip still going ahead this month? I hope so.......there have been far too many folks having to cancel/postpone so fingers crossed yours is still on :thumbsup2

No 😢 I cancelled. I have no idea when I will be going again. I would have tried to at least go to the resort and stay out of the parks just so I can have a "vacation" of some sort, but with Sapphire and Aventura I won't be going at all this year.

And we have Tom`s Birthday today.........

We slept ok-ish......I was up and down like a yo-yo which in turn disturbed Tom as you would imagine. Sleeping in a strange bed and strange surroundings all make for a restless night. I kept looking out the window at the darkness (yes, weird I know) but there is something rather lovely about hearing the sea lap against the rocks only a few feet away and the black night outside.

We did get up fairly early, I was keen to start the day of course.

When we checked in yesterday we had to choose a time for breakfast, as they were trying to stagger folks in case of a surge of folks at the same time, so we had plenty of time to shower and get dressed before time to wander over. They had said it didn`t need to be exactly on that time, so we did head over about 10 minutes before our reserved time.

Tom first opened his cards that we had brought up. We were keeping the gifts till we got home, but it was nice to have his cards.

It was cool today. Much gloomier than it was last year when we were up. But, we weren`t doing much today except spend time with family.

The restaurant was fairly quiet, and we got seated immediately. They had staggered the tables so we weren`t really close to anyone and the screens had been put in place of course.

They was a tray with a lid that hosted our cups and cutlery and brought a small pitcher of fresh orange juice. We ordered a pot of tea between us and she asked if we wanted anything continental that would usually have been on the cold buffet before......continental meats, cheeses, pastries, yoghurts and ceraal......we asked for some meat and cheese and said we`d share one, we didn`t need one each. It wasn`t the same as last year and we didn`t bother getting anything before our cooked breakfast the other days we were here.

i-5dPpJzP-X2.jpg

i-FVjs6b7-X2.jpg

The cooked breakfast has a good selection of items for breakfast. You can just ask for the full Scottish....which NEVER comes with baked beans........NEVER ever would you have that, in England yes they do in most places if you`re in a hotel......but you shouldn`t ever have have beans for breakfast (personal opinion only :)) in any language!!! Disgusting things.......imo of course 😁

They also offer smoked salmon with eggs and a couple of other options.

This morning I opted for bacon, scrambled egg white and the most classic of Scottish breakfast items.....the Tattie Scone........Potato Scone if you`r enot from Scotland. It`s a triangle of potato usually mixed with a little flour and butter and formed into that shape and fried (yes, very healthy lol) but......they are the most delicious items and we only ever get them in Scotland.

i-GN45VKP-X2.jpg

Tom went for a few more items and I did try his slice of haggis, and it was surprisingly lovely......a bit like black pudding, I always say I don`t like it.......but I think I do.

Usually when someone offers me haggis.........

food1-S.jpg

But, I did try a bit of Tom`s and it was gorgeous!! Spicy as well, which I think helped a bit. A bit like how I felt about the black pudding last night, I wouldn`t order it, but will be happy to try a little piece again.

Tom often buys a whole haggis and takes it home, he can eat one himslef as they`re not huge.....very dense though and I always try some, and always think the same......it`s not as bad as it sounds and is actually ok.

i-gBF7ZW7-X2.jpg

Having that first potato scone in a year is blissful!!!! The restaurant manager who remembers us from our previous visit, actually she has been here for years now I think on it, sees me enjoying the potato scone and asks if I want another.......I have to admit I said yes.......she brought it through with a smile and said she hears it a lot from people who live outside of Scotland.........I was very grateful......

Lunch would be very light today!!

i-nDVsJdd-X2.jpg

I didn`t take any pictures of the view this morning as there wasn`t any view.......we had torrential rain that was coming in sideways.......and looked almost snow like at times as it was so unbelievably heavy, even for here.

Breakfast is included in the room rate here, so after we finished we thanked the staff who looked after us and we headed back to our room only stopping to chat to the lady on reception we had got chatting to, she was asking why we were visiting and did we have dinner booked tonight. I said we were eating elsewhere with family as it was Tom`s birthday......so she didn`t have to try and book us in for a meal. She really was one of the nicest girls....very down to earth and I asked Tom later what age he thought she was as I wondered given where she lived if I had gone to school with one of her parents......yes, she could easily have been........we found out later from her she was 44!!! I almost fell of my chair when she told us that......she could have been mid 20`s easily.......

But, we headed over to mum`s now fighting the wind and the rain to get to the car, but we made it stopping only to put petrol in the car.....we have a very thirsty car!

I was supposed to stop off to buy mum some flowers, but it was so wild, no way was I getting out of the car in this unless it was getting in to my mum`s! I`d get them later.

It was so nice to see her. Yes, we did indeed have hugs......it had been a long time.

We sat and chatted and mum made tea, she makes the best pots of tea.....I think it`s the water up there. I do notice my hair is much softer than usual when I shower up there.......so the water is definitely different. But, we caught up with a lot. Mum had renewed a lot of things in her home since I was last up, so we enjoyed seeing all the changes......

As we were having a family dinner that night, we wanted something light for lunch, and we had a large breakfast so again, something small would be nice. We got our jackets and made it to the car and drove about 20 minutes away to the town Tom grew up in and popped into a couple of places we like to visit and reminisce about the places we used to frequent when we lived here.....most have closed down of course sadly.

We picked up some items we would take home with us and wandered around the town indoor shopping area, it was just too wild to do anything else.

It was now lunchtime and we drove down to the harbour area and parked right outside a lovely but tiny little coffee shop that we like to go to and one of mum`s regular haunts on a Saturday with my sister. With social distancing, I imagined they`d have like 3 tables left to use.....but they had just got away with losing only a couple, but it did feel tighter than I`d have liked, but we went in and fortunately got the last table in a snug with only 2 other tables.

Everything here is homemade and some of the cakes they have would tempt even a Victoria`s Secret model!!! They have so much choice and you can see all are fresh and all made by the staff themselves.

We again have tea for three of us and mum chooses a tuna mayo sandwich with no salad or coleslaw on the side....she will eat lettuce and tomato, but most side salads come with cucumber and onion added, so she always passes and colelaw is something she hates.......she is a very plain eater. Tom and I both opt for chicken and mayo sandwiches me without the salad and coleslaw too.......I love salad, but saves picking out the onions and cucumber too.......

i-krpNS4G-X2.jpg

It was all lovely........but as we sat we watched the weather just take a turn for the worse.....we didn`t think that was possible......but it just looked like fog outside as the rain was so heavy.......no walking on the shore tonight then.......

And because of social distancing, anyone wanting to come in now had to wait outside......and there was around 6 folks sheltering and cowering from the torrential downpour in the doorway......such a shame. But, small as it is, it is a hugely popular place and it`s not unusual to see a line waiting to get in if you don`t get there early enough. We just made it.

We paid for the food and again it was a huge bargain as this place is very well priced anyway, but, with the Eat Out to Help Out campaign....three lunches with 3 pots of tea came to £10 exactly, about $13. Absolute steal.

We went back to mum`s and saw a couple of other relatives there, and passed most of the afternoon with mum and co. We would be back to pick her up later for dinner as the other family members were all taking cabs. So we left, letting her know what time we`d be back for her for dinner and headed back along to our hotel.

The weather had improved slighty, well, it didn`t look like snow anymore. The water looked grey and angry and not very picturesque.........

Back into the hotel, our old towels we had left outside had been replaced with fresh towels in a bag and more tea and coffee products for us to use sitting in sealed containers outside our room. Tom asked if I wanted more tea, but to be honest I had drank more tea today than I had drank in the last month!!! My mum makes tea constantly, and while Tom loves drinking tea all day, for me one or two cups is enough.

We didn`t notice originally, but the lovely lady from reception had sent a bottle of champagne for us to enjoy and it was sat on the table with a lovely little hand written card.........

i-nKCMktT-X2.jpg

We took it home with us as we just didn`t get around to drinking it while we were here, and very nice it was too. But, a lovely touch.

I think Tom fell asleep for a while, I wrote mac and Janet an email with some pictures of the view and popped off another couple of emails to a few others. And sitting by the window, although the view was gloomy, I had the window open and hearing and smelling the fresh ocean smell was lovely.

Once we got changed we headed back to mum`s, gave her a call from outside to say we were there and then headed back along to the hotel we were having Tom`s birthday dinner. It wasn`t a big fancy thing, we didn`t have a cake or anything brought out, it was really just dinner with family.

This was the same place my mum, niece and sister organised our "surprise" joint celebration of my 50th birthday and our 25th Anniversary party three years ago. My nephew also had his wedding here last year, so it`s a place we do like a lot and have had a lot of lovely celebrations over the years. I say ours was a surprise, but really, as we live so far away and would have to know......but there were lots of surprises there including my best friend from up there and an old friend I hadn`t seen in years as well as almost all family, one brother was away on his vacation but everyone else was there including aunties and uncles.......

These are two pictures from the joint party and as you can see it was just before we headed off on our New York/Orlando trip of that year.....the cake was mostly themed for New York.......there was a rollercoaster on the back of it......the only Orlando nod on it......

i-TjnKNS7-X2.jpg

i-m9nnHD7-X2.jpg

Many years ago when I was a teen it was a disco (remember that word) and a bar. You went into the bar before hitting the disco.....this was circa 1983/84.......and it was a fabulous time for music and the fun clothes we used to wear back then......think Madonna meets Bananarama mixed with The Bangles......lol.....and so much colour!!! So, it`s nice to see the place is still operating as a bar and restaurant, and a hotel too.

But, back to our meal tonight. It was just a lovely evening and I think we all ordered something different and everyone`s dish was lovely. The wine flowed and we got to have some nice family time.....I say the wine flowed, for all of us that did drink except Tom......he was driving and the irony of it being his birthday wasn`t lost.

Just spending time in a lovely atmosphere with family was lovely, good food and good company can`t be beaten.

Eventually we headed off and dropped mum off before we went back to the hotel, parked the car and after dropping his gifts and cards off in the room we wandered back down to the bar and had a glass of wine there. It was quiet in here so we sat in our corner table and mulled over the night which had been lovely.

We only had one and then went back to the room as it was now around 11.30ish.......we were both shattered, but I was glad Tom had enjoyed a nice birthday.

Tomorrow we would ignore the grim weather forecast and head up to Loch Lomond.

This was such a fantastic read! I'm loling at Victoria Secret models lol.
I'm like your mom. Onions and cucumbers are 2 of the foods I cannot and will not tolerate, I HATE THEM lol
Happy belated anniversary and Birthday to you and Tom. Cheers to many more to come.

Unfortunately, our past couple visits we've seen more and more rudeness... And the ones riding scooters that have no idea how to drive them are a hazard too!!! Disney is supposed to be a Magical place but these people are sucking the magic out of it for us... :sad2: The word "entitlement" always pops into my head when I think of these people... :rolleyes2

I completely agree with you. Manners seemingly are disappearing more and more. I think I`m more surprised now when someone does say thank you or excuse me.......

Thankfully, I do believe there are still plenty of people to whom manners are still important, but yes, there is a huge sense of entitlement around with many.......never let them win Nancy......:hug:

lol.....I think I met her once :rotfl:

I do think some have made their way over to the Universal parks too.......:sad2:

:rotfl2: Oh I know better because if you're here on the DIS reading Carole's TR, then you aren't one of THOSE people!!!! :rotfl2:But there does seem to be more and more of them each trip we take...

Quick story - my coworker took her family to Disney 20+ years ago... She rented a wheel chair for her perfectly healthy son so they could skip to the front of the line because "she's spending alot of money on this vacation and doesn't have time to wait in line"... Ok, like the other people in line got in free and have all the time in the world to wait because she's more important than they are... :scared1: So I can't say "entitlement" is a younger generation thing because my coworker retired a couple years ago and is now in her mid 60's...

lol......love it!!

I have seen similar myself and it`s never pleasant to watch someone try to cheat the system......and be quite blatant about it.

Yes I hear you on this. I am a huge Disney fan but do have some scary memories of the crowds on Main St. and trying to get out of there during a parade. Not fun. Although I did hear something about them potentially widening some walkways to hopefully improve on this. But of course with Covid who knows what the heck will happen next.

OMG this is my absolute fave. I know all the audience participation bits and used to go a lot in high school when it was shown at a local theatre. Did they show the whole movie at HHN or just the Time Warp part? I would go just for that lol.

Gosh, yes, I think a lot of plans have gone out the window for things like that.......I would hope widening paths would help, but looking at the crowd level they normally have at events, I doubt it would make much difference.

Oh it was a fabulous live show they only did during HHN......it was held in the Beetlejuice stage which is where the dreadful Fast & Furious ride is now........ every show was mobbed! Live singing and dancing.....and the atmosphere is electric.........or should I say was electric......it is missed.......you are in good company here as there are more than a few fans of RHPS here.........:thumbsup2

They do show the movie in the cinema in Citywalk during HHN`s too.......

Who doesn`t love to Timewarp..........::yes::

They closed down that loophole awhile ago, rightly so

I love to fly, especially knowing that nearly every flight I will see a miracle happen...

person that needed WC assistance to the gate is suddenly able to spring up and rush off the plane when we land. Hallelujah:rolleyes1

Oh we see those miracles too........It`s good to see Cabin Crew stop them as they try to get off first and insist, gently of course that no, they should wait for their assistance......lol.......

No 😢 I cancelled. I have no idea when I will be going again. I would have tried to at least go to the resort and stay out of the parks just so I can have a "vacation" of some sort, but with Sapphire and Aventura I won't be going at all this year.

I`m so sorry to hear you`ve cancelled.

Yes, you could make a trip out of just staying at the resort, but, such a shame they`re closed for you this year...... :hug:

This was such a fantastic read! I'm loling at Victoria Secret models lol.
I'm like your mom. Onions and cucumbers are 2 of the foods I cannot and will not tolerate, I HATE THEM lol
Happy belated anniversary and Birthday to you and Tom. Cheers to many more to come.

Thank you so much.

Oh I miss onions so much, love them.....but now, the smell of raw onion turns my stomach, where I used to love that smell.......although I can eat the green part of green onions, but, it takes a lot to get over the smell as I cut them.......it`s worth it though.......::yes:: But, I agree, if you don`t like them, they`re hard to even have on your plate.......

I`m glad you`re still enjoying reading along........:flower3:

Before we start to rumage through the year that was the 25th Anniversary of HHN......we have a little trip update.........

Our November/December Christmas trip is not happening this year. We got the email from Virgin Atlantic a few days ago to say the flights weren`t happening this year.....so, as with so many things this year, not much we can do about that. It helps we are quite pragmatic people in real life.....we go with the flow in most things.

Last months or so I think we knew this trip wasn`t going to happen, and resigning ourselves then was the easiest way to not be so disappointed........and as always there are always silver linings......

I don`t need to lose 50lbs in 6 weeks now........lol.......we decided that was never going to happen.....and now we have all flights for next year sorted. So now we can look forward to our May trip........which is only 224 days away......not that I`m counting of course.......:)

We were planning to do two weeks at Sapphire Falls and a week at RP then, but wondering if Sapphire will be open by then.....if it`s not, we`ll do the whole stay at our beloved RPR......

Will keep this one going for then.......and our Keisha suggested I do the best of Christmas too, almost like a virtual TR and also a look back at things that have disappeared over the years from Universal......I liked her idea of doing that......and will pass the time easily till it`s time to fly off again......

As I said, I think we knew this was going to happen, and maybe by the time May comes around there will be less restrictions around and it`ll be a better time to travel all round. And we have been so lucky so far to have avoided anyone we know being affected by this, so we still count our blessings every day that we are healthy and able to be together.

WELCOME TO HHN.....2015........REVISITED

HHN-L.jpg

i-nCdfZ8P-X2.jpg

So, on to 2015........we really enjoyed this year and celebrating 25 years meant they wanted to do something special and they did.....they brought back Jack the Clown as the Icon for the event......he had been a real favourite of ours since the first year in 07 and we were delighted to see he had been brought back......his show we enjoyed but not as much as the 07 show.

There were 9 houses this year and some of them thrilled us and some of them left us cold......but they were all good in their own way.......the SA always deserve credit for what they do even in houses we aren`t so fond of.

We again bought the Rush of Fear with Express Pass which in 2015 was a bargain price of $219 before tax......and we always get our monies worth with that ticket. I can`t remember how many nights we went that year, but it was a fair few as usual.......

The building that housed Twister, which is now the dreadful Jimmy Fallon held a little display of previous HHN iconic displays and it was small, but fun to wander through.......

i-jTjQcDs-X2.jpg

i-W7TvCJs-X2.jpg

i-ZTKRVH9-X2.jpg

i-JNjqR87-X2.jpg

i-GxBm3Bv-X2.jpg

i-phgShN3-X2.jpg

i-MPdt7Jb-X2.jpg

i-qdcs9fx-X2.jpg

There were some classic houses and our favourites were Insidious, this was one of our favourite movies around at the time and we had high hopes for the house and it didn`t disappoint. This was one house where it might have helped knowing a little about the storyline.

Jack presents 25 years of monsters and mayhem, this was classically funny and scary at the same time and so many references to years gone past, some of which we had only heard of. But one of the most fun houses to go around.

An American Werewolf in London is weirdly a movie I had never watched. I think I must have been the only person in the UK to have never seen it as everyone was amazed when I said I hadn`t see it. But, I did watch it before we left for the event....... and I have to say the house was excellent. Some genuine scares and the animatronics were surprisingly good.....the wolf got me a few times in that house and it was we made sure we repeated every visit, although we didn`t get to do it on our first night as even with EP the line was too long for us to wait in. As for the movie itself, it wasn`t very good, but that`s part of the charm of it and it is however a revered classic cult horror film that is worth a watch.

Body Collectors was one of the best houses for us this year.......it had a beautiful entrance to ShadyBrook Asylum that the house was based on.....you entered during a blizzard where the snow swirled around you and then wandered through a blood thirsty array of death scenes......plenty of scares in that house and despite the gore, it really was one of the funniest houses for scares.......but, it did have the scariest of endings for me as one of the real life things that I`m most scared of was waiting right at the very last gasp of this house......and Tom had to very quickly grab hold of me and had to manhandle me past the man who terrifed me so much. Those who know me well will know what it was.......not proud of this fear at all. I vowed never to do this house again because of that, but we did and the same man was never there again.

But the facade of this house was visually one of the most beautiful we had ever seen.

I know we enjoyed Freddy vs Jason, but I`ll be darned if I can remember much about the actual house itself.......

Poor houses for us were the weird and wacky inclusion of a 3D psychadelic house Asylum in Wonderland, The Purge and one of the silliest houses ever.....Run....this was based as if you were on a tv show and everyday people are stalked and murdered by well trained assassins.....and the more horrifying your death, the higher the viewing figures were.....we hated this house.

Other least favourites were The Purge and The Walking Dead. I hated the Purge movies and thought it was stupid.....so hated the house too......and The Walking Dead featured zombies of which bore me completely.......we did later get into the WD...mainly thanks to @macraven having such a love for the show, it became something we enjoyed.....then got bored and gave up on it after Negan came into it.......

Will be back with more pictures of scare zones which were a lot of fun this year......::yes::

Hi Carole;
So sorry about your trip. I’m glad you are planning your May trip. Enjoying your HHN pictures!- and the lovely stories behind them. We are hoping we can do our Universal trip next August (fingers crossed).
Brenda

I'm sorry yet another trip has been cancelled this year especially since the governor of Florida just moved Florida to phase 3 which means Universal and Disney no longer have restrictions on attendance... But I do understand where you're coming from... It's still not the best over here... And people still aren't behaving, at least where I live... Our sophomore football team was quarantined for a 2nd time since school started 5 weeks ago... And each quarantine is 2 weeks long... And the high school had to quarantine an additional 200+ kids due to positive cases... So maybe Virgin Atlantic is being smart by not letting anyone fly into our craziness...

I purchased our Universal tickets a couple days ago... We'll be down there in a couple weeks... Kinda scared what attendance will be now that there aren't any restrictions... Fingers crossed it's not too busy and people behave and still social distance while waiting in line!!!

Hi Carole;
So sorry about your trip. I’m glad you are planning your May trip. Enjoying your HHN pictures!- and the lovely stories behind them. We are hoping we can do our Universal trip next August (fingers crossed).
Brenda

Thanks Brenda........I`m enjoying a huge slice of home made pavlova right now as I don`t need to rush to diet now after months of spoiling ourselves and not moving as much we should have.....lol......there`s a silver lining!

I`m glad you like the pictures......we do love HHN........and good news you have your next trip in the planning.....I`m quite sure August will be fine for travelling and less restrictions by then. Will look ofrward to your planning that one....... :wave2:

I'm sorry yet another trip has been cancelled this year especially since the governor of Florida just moved Florida to phase 3 which means Universal and Disney no longer have restrictions on attendance... But I do understand where you're coming from... It's still not the best over here... And people still aren't behaving, at least where I live... Our sophomore football team was quarantined for a 2nd time since school started 5 weeks ago... And each quarantine is 2 weeks long... And the high school had to quarantine an additional 200+ kids due to positive cases... So maybe Virgin Atlantic is being smart by not letting anyone fly into our craziness...

I purchased our Universal tickets a couple days ago... We'll be down there in a couple weeks... Kinda scared what attendance will be now that there aren't any restrictions... Fingers crossed it's not too busy and people behave and still social distance while waiting in line!!!

Nancy I am so excited you`ll be there so soon......it`ll be fine. Yes, it`s busy, but it`s easy to avoid people in certain areas......yes, hope others behave themselves too.....if everyone followed the rules, it would be so much easier for everyone.

Oh if the flights were going we`d be there. I have no worries to flying or being in public.....of course keeping to sensible guidlines of course......but until the borders open, it`s a no go for us. I told Tom if the restrictions are still in place for May, we`re spending those 2 weeks previous in Barbados then fly to Orlando from there.....no restrictions from Barbados......lol.......

Yes, I think there are many who are ignoring guidleines all over........I feel for students starting college and universities.....this is supposed to be a carefree time for them and it`s anything but it seems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter