MDE and Making FP for 'Friends'

DISPrincessMom

Mouseketeer
Hi, all -
I will be traveling to WDW with an adult friend and both of our 13 yo daughters. As my friend has never been before, i am handling all of the plans and reservations. My friend has her own MDE account which we have linked.
However, i am concerned about her 13 yo daughter. On my Friend and Family list, it says 'Plans being managed by Mrs. S' for her daughter. I have had issues before where i did not have minor children outside my family available on the list to choose when the FP window opened up even though i did have access to the adults so i just want to be sure i will be able to make FP for her daughter.
I actually called WDW internet support and was told i should be able to make FP for the daughter but it just makes me nervous since, if you click on the daughter in my friend's account it says 'no other friends are making plans for her'.
Has anyone been in this situation?

Also, does anyone know - even if she has her hotel room under her name on her MDE account. Can i link the park tickets for her and her daughter on my account? I figure then i will definitely be able to make FP for them!

Yes, you should be able to link tickets to them - I’ve done it several times for family & friends who have their own MDE accounts or who are “managed” by others. As far as making FP for your friend’s daughter, if you can see her in your Family & Friends list, you should be fine!

If you can’t see her, ask your friend to check her MDE. I can’t remember whether you need to send an invitation (or request) to share plans to her mother, who will then grant you permission, or if her mom can just do that directly.

Thank you so much, Carolyn! That does sound promising. Now, let me ask you this - what if my friend has a resort reservation in her name? Will her and her daughter's Magic Bands have everything on them even if I link the tickets and make FP on my account? I guess i am just really scared that i will be scrambling at 7AM for the hard to get FP and i won't be able to add her daughter for some glitchy reason. Yes, i see her in my list but it says she is managed by her Mom so it makes me nervous. Thanks, again, and have a very happy Thanksgiving!

I would practice by booking fastpasses less than 30 days from today. That should help you see what does and doesn't work. Just be sure to cancel when you are done.

Have a great time!

I would practice by booking fastpasses less than 30 days from today. That should help you see what does and doesn't work. Just be sure to cancel when you are done.

Have a great time!
Great idea. I will have to remember it next time we are traveling with a group.

Have a great time!

Oh, you can do that? I didn't even think of that! Genius...

Great idea. I will have to remember it next time we are traveling with a group.

You can do this only if your tickets are separate (not part of a package). See the Booking Windows post in the FP FAQ for more details.

You can do this only if your tickets are separate (not part of a package). See the Booking Windows post in the FP FAQ for more details.
Makes sense. I never buy packages so yay, me! I just need to get the other Mom to get her tickets so i can link them and try it out. This is awesome! Then, if i have an issue, i can try and have it solved before the real FP date comes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter