ME Luggage Tags? - UPDATE 4/20 - NEW UPDATE 4/26

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
Has anyone received their ME luggage tags yet? We fly out on May 5th and have not gotten ours yet. I'm checking the mail every day.

I spoke with DVC Member Services this morning and the CM told me that Disney was behind in sending out the information and that they have sent out some packages express mail. I was told to call back in a few days if I still haven't gotten mine.

I phoned today and talk to someone about not getting a planner or ME tags or the transportation package and they said nothing has been done about this on my ressie. Basically they forgot. They ran out of planner and won't be printing anymore anytime soon. They said if I don't receive anything by Friday to call again. Nothing has been mailed out yet and I should have got the package before 21 days. I booked threw the Disney Co.

Linda

I also called MS this morning and she informed me that Disney has started sending out ME packages and I should expect mine in the mail soon.
Does anyone really know what's going on here? I'm starting to have second thoughts about ME.

We are also using ME for May 5th and have not received our tags yet. CM on reservations line told me today that the tags that they were going use are faulty
(letters smudge off) so they had to re-do the tags, and I should get them 2 weeks before departure, even though they had recently told us 21 days. Well I guess we will have to wait and see.

and we are leaving the 6th. I called and was told they should go out this week. I'm starting to think about booking a rental just in case!

I'm getting a little worried too :worried: I arrive May 9th , but a friend is joining me on May 12th and they won't send the tags to two addresses, so I need to get hers in time to mail off to her( she lives in a different city ) before I leave. I really want to believe that disney will do this right :wizard:
katypop

We booked with WD travel & have not received luggage tags. I called today & was told none were needed. I questioned her & she was very firm. She is incorrect, right?

What really bothers me about the ME is that they didn't even tell me my Airline (southwest) was not a participater in the program when I confirmed my travel arrangements. Good thing I read these boards.

We're arriving on May 6th, and don't have any tags yet either. I also booked mine thru DVC ... I wonder if this is part of it? I'm hoping to get a spare hour or so ;) to call tomorrow and try to find out what's up.

Can't wait to hear if anybody gets their tags!

I know almost all of us here are compulsive planners who are afraid we're going to starve to death if we don't have a full slate of Priority Seatings by not later than 89-and-a-half days before our arrival, but RELAX about the DME tags. They'll come!

Remember, you can book DME up to 10 days prior to your arrival, so they must figure they can get us what we need in less than 10 days. I'm going on May 8 and I'm not nervous.

HAKUNA MATATA!!!

-- Eric :cool1:

lwilson said:
We booked with WD travel & have not received luggage tags. I called today & was told none were needed. I questioned her & she was very firm. She is incorrect, right?

Your luggages will need to have the ME tags. Otherwise, it will not be shuttled to your resort. I spoke directly with MS on Monday and Disney is still using the tag system so yes, you'll need the tags.

Has anyone received the ME tags yet??? This waiting is killing me :rotfl:

We are at the edge of our seats too regarding luggage tags and ME. Arrival scheduled for 5/7 at DVC resort. ME scheduled through DVC Member Services. I spoke with them Monday 4/18 and they said that the package should be here any day now. I spoke with them again Thursday 4/21 after mail arrived and no ME package. I was told that there was some sort of problem with the printers and there was a delay. I was told that they would be express mailing the ME package to the early customers due to the delays. They told me that if it wasn't here by Monday, to call them again.

Perhaps this is helpful?

I confirmed that they had the ME ressie in their system. At this point, if the luggage tags don't arrive, I figure we'll just check the bags thru as we've always done, meet them on the carousel, then load them onto the bus and ride the ME bus to our resort. Not much else to do if they never arrive.
Snooper

I swear my head is about to explode!!!!!!! please update when you hear.
I am going to call tomorrow. will let you folks know what stories I am told!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter