Mears shuttle?

kozmo

kozmo
What is the cheapest transportation from the airport to wilderness lodge for a family of 4(2 adults,2 children)?Is Mears the cheapest??Would a cab be cheaper?

Mears shuttle is going to cost about $96.00 rt or $56.00 ow (go to mearstransportation.com) and it makes stops according to where the other passangers sharing the shuttle with you are going.

For about $85.00 or so, you can get direct towncar or van service with a 30 min grocery stop.

There are a various car services which offer these services but folks on these boards seem to prefer tiffany towncar and your ride. I'll be using your ride for my visit in April.

You can check them out at yourride.net and even make your reservation online.

Hope this helps!

Cara

of four it is easier and cheaper to use a town car service.....we are using the FLorida Car service in March.....

We started using a town car for just the two of us 4 or 5 trips ago. It's not that much more for the two of us than taking Mears, so I would guess you would actually save some money or at least break even on a family of four.
Our last experiance with Mears 4 or 5 years ago was not fun at all. We waited over a hour at the airport, and then were the last of 3 stops before we got to our hotel. It took us almost 2 1/2 hours from bagage claim to the front desk of our hotel... to me time is money.
The towncar driver meets you at bagage claim and you are off to the magic quite efficently. The extra money we spend on the town car is money we save by stopping at Publix (w/towncar service) for a case or two of bottled water.:jester:

Avoid Mesrs if you can. We used it 1 time and I don't want to do so again. When we arrived in Orlando it was after 12:00 and they had no one waiting so they stuck us in a Town car and off we went. That was great.The treturn however was not they picked us up and got us to the airport over 3 hours before take off and the van they picked us up was full when they got to us. They said we had to use that van as they would not send another for a couple of hours.They squeezed my wife into a seat and I stood hunched over in a space where there was none.Rent a car or take a town car-its worth it.Plus its pretty neat to see a Chauffeur standing there with your name on his sign board, makes you feel like a bigshot.

On our last two trips we used Ibex. I loved it, and I will definitely use them again. I've seen the Mears shuttle. You stand in line waiting for the bus. The driver has to load all of the luggage. Mears when I've seen it is a big bus or big shuttle. They then take you to your resort after they've dropped off the people that are before you on the route. Pretty much you are on Mear's schedule at the airport and at the hotel. With any towncar service, they are on your schedule. They are at the airport when you arrive and they pick you up when you want to be picked up. You are guaranteed a place to sit, and you don't have to stop at any other resorts.

Also, most of the towncar services will stop at a grocery store before they take you to the hotel.

Thanks to the info I picked up off this site, we were able to shave about $400 off our trip and traded Mears for a Tiffany Town Car.

The last time we used Mears, the driver was cranky when we were picked up at POFQ, complained about all the luggage we had, threatened to leave some other folks at the curb, then had the temerity to hold his hand out for a gratuity at the airport.

Tiffany was a breath of fresh air! Our driver Jerry met us at the bottom of the baggage claim area, helped us retreive & load our gear, and quickly got us to WDW in comfort & style. They were just as prompt and efficient on our return trip, arriving exactly when they said they would.
We had an $8 off coupon in our Passporter, so with tips the round trip was around $120, and worth every dime.

Will never use Mears again. They take FOREVER! We used Happy Limo last trip and were very *happy*:) with it.

Town Car is the only way to go!

Angie

The last time we used Mears it was horrible. We had a family 16 on a bus. And I kid you not I had to tell the driver how to get to the Beach Club. It was like his second day and had no idea what he was doing. When taking the luggage of the bus he riped two of our suitcases. Mears would not do anything about it. We will never use them again.

I really didn't have a problem with Mears. Granted, the only time I've used them was right after high school graduation on a trip with 7 friends. Being 17, and in Disney World without parents, they could've made us walk from MCO and I think we would've been happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter