Medical Help???

joshsmom

DIS Veteran
Not sure where this thread belongs, so I'll start here. Going in January (6th-14th). DS7 had a kidney transplant in September and still goes to the doctor frequently here at home. Talked to the docs who have ok'd the trip. However, they said that while we're there, we have to have blood draws every other day or so. We didn't get a rental car (should we???) and are staying on property. I was wondering if there are any resources on grounds or in the community that may be able to "come to us". Blood draws will consist of nothing more than a finger stick. Any ideas, suggestions? All appreciated!:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

P.S. Are we there yet. . .Are we there yet. . .Are we there yet????:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I think you will get the best answer if you post this over on the DisAbilities Forum. IIRC, there is a TN for a "special needs" group within WDW. Someone on the DisAbilities Forum should be able to help you with the number as well as give you some good planning suggestions.

Best wishes to your DS and your entire family. Hope you have a magical trip!

Hmmmm...feels like you might need a car of your own. There are several labs nearby, but not within walking distance of WDW property.

There is at service that will send a doctor to you at the resorts but it sounds like you need a lab not a doctor?? The MD service is not inexpensive anyway.

Good luck for your trip!!!

There are several clincs called Centra Care, which are run by Florida Hospital and are listed as Walk-In Urgent Care. The closest one to WDW is at 12500 Apopka-Vineland Road, which is SR535. You go out Hotel Plaza Blvd as if you are headed towards Crossroads Shopping Center. The the traffic light at the edge of Disney property you turn left. Centra Care will then be on your left before you reach the next traffic light. I would suggest you give them a call in advance to find out. Their number is 407-934-2273.

You might want to consider a rental car. Taxicabs are VERY expensive in the Orlando area. When you figure in your round trip to the airport as well as the trips to the medical center you will probably be very close to break even. You will also find that having a car is much more convenient for getting around, other than to MK, than using Disney transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter