Medieval Times worth the $ and time?

Spart02

Mouseketeer
We are visiting Disneyland in September and are considering doing Medieval Times. My 3 and 6 year olds are just recently into castles/knights and I thought it would be a fun thing for us to do one of the evenings that we are there. Is this something that you would highly recommend? My battle is that I hate to take away time from Disneyland and California Adventure. I have never been to Disneyland before and am really unsure of how long we'll actually need at the parks. We are planning on being at the parks Saturday through Wednesday. I would hate to have regrets about taking time away from the parks for something that is not completely worth it. Also, the cost of Medieval times is much higher than hitting an IHOP...so that's another concern of mine. Last of all, is it too violent for a 3 year old? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:thumbsup2 Totally worth it! We had a fabulous time there, it was one of our favorite parts of our trip in June. I don't know about a 3 year old though, it might be kind of long for one that little?

Hi,

I've never been to disneyland before either and im going in October. I have always been into castles and knights as I am majoring in archaeology and medieval history, so its ideal. But i've posted a topic on Medieval times to ask what the reviews are like, and all I have heard are fantastic reports.

Not only that, but if you have children who are into this kind of stuff, it would be an awesome thing to embrace their interests and expand their minds. Im sure they would just LOVE IT!!!!! And also love you in the end for sharing in their interests.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-reviews-2740190-prod-travelguide-action-read-ratings_and_reviews-i

This link should help its some reviews on the show and dinner.

I wouldn't spend the money if they gave me the money to spend. The show is cool but the food is horrible. You get this little cornish game hen that is so dry it would be better used as a door stop. You get soup that tates horrible. The only thing that was etable on my plate was the bake potato and the bread and I don't like bake potato's. I guess it would be cool for little little kids but for the price you pay for food it may not be worth it. Save the money for a character breakfast at DL or something like that.

I liked the food. I thought the soup was yummy, in fact I ate my 8 year old's soup too. Which then ment I was to full for the chicken. :teeth: We did box it up, but never got around to eating any of the 3 pieces we brought back to the hotel.

I would reccomend purchasing on line since then you get a discount code for the "royalty" package which is not that much more and gives you front row seating and a bit faster food services. It was totally worth it for our party of 4 adults and 3 kids.

I've been there many, many times over the years and just recently went at the end of June. We love it there! The show is great and the food is superb! The chicken is so delicious. It's very moist and you get a lot of it! You get a breast, leg, and thigh! The soup, rib, potato, bread, and desert were all good too! My 7 year old niece loved it! It was her first time! She ate a lot of the food and really enjoyed the show!

I would highly recommend it!!!

See I would rather go to a show like this and let the kids take in the action of something they really enjoy....

I've heard with character breakfasts that they are still expensive and that many parents can be disappointed because they didnt get all the interaction they would have anticipated for their kids.

Im not trying to be negative here or anything, I mean character breakfasts can be awesome for some people im sure. But whatever you decide... I know you will have an awesome time.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I think we may just go ahead and try it! I don't think we'll spend for the front row seats, but I did find a coupon online for $4 off each person in my party. Unfortunately, the coupon can't be used online, so I'm going to just hope we can get in without any problems on the night we want to go...which will probably be a Monday night. I'm assuming I should make reservations around a week in advance or so???

Heres a piece of advice that I picked up.....

You can always reserve well in advance, but once you get to the Anaheim area or wherever your staying, check out the local papers and brochures as they sometimes have cupons that you can use once your there, which will save you some money.

Also I was told that there really isnt really a bad spot to sit in the place as seating is raised, so getting a Royalty package isnt all that necessary. Id assume thats correct cause little kids do go see this show, and the accomodations will have to allow them to see everything as well.

One last thing as well, is to get there WELL IN ADVANCE!!!! Like an hour or so before hand because of the crowds, and there are apparently lots to see and do there other then the dinner and show, while waiting around for you to be seated. MT opens 1.5 hours before the show stars so you can explore the castle and visit the museum of torture. *Ive heard and I doubt this would be gorey as it is a family friendly place*, and there are gift shops and such to poke around in.

Either way HAVE A FABULOUS TIME ON YOUR TRIP!!!!!! :sunny: :wave2:

I went when I was 12 and really loved the show. Do not however go to the dungeons and torture tour available....

The dinner not only gives you a meal but it is also a different kind of interactive entertainment than you find at Disney. I would recommed it!:thumbsup2

Definitely worth the money. The kids really enjoy the horses and excitement. Get there early as said previously. There are lots of things inside to see. ENJOY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter