• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Medieval Times

dreamer

Mouseketeer
Thinking about going to Medival times and have a few questions

1) Do you need to order the vegitarian plate ahead of time

2) Is it worth paying the $5 per person for priority seating including banner?
Do you end up buying the banner anyway?

3) Do they really try to see you things like photo's? Thanks:smooth:

We recently went to the one in Myrtle Beach and had alot of fun.

Q. Do you need to order the vegitarian plate ahead of time?
A. I would definately order it ahead of time. I did not know this was even available, but things are very hectic when you get in, so order it ahead of time and make sure you tell your server that you ordered it when you first sit down.

Q. Is it worth paying the $5 per person for priority seating including banner?
Do you end up buying the banner anyway?
A. I thought it was worth the $5 for seating - you get put in the first set of seats. If you have kids this is very nice as they can see much better. We wound up in the first row, but I think this guarantees you the first four or five rows (not necessarily the first).

Q) Do they really try to see you things like photo's?
A) They did sell photos - no hard sell, but they do offer it. They take pictures with the king or queen right after you pay, and they take another picture once you are seated. We bought one, but they were fairly expensive. They also make you wait a while to get in to the theatre and there are tons of things to buy as you are waiting. Beware if you have kids - we wound up buying things for our kids.

Hope this helps.

Have a question....
Does Medieval Times get too violent for small kids? I have a dd5 and ds 7 and don't really want them to see any pretend blood shooting out or stuff like that. We don't mind sword fights etc. Just don't want to see a guy standing over someone else stabbing their sword in them a million times. Kids might really think it is real and get upset. What do you think.

My kids were 4 and 5 when we went and they were fine. There are swords fights and pretend deaths but nothing is very graphic. My son asked if they were really dead, and I said no that it was a show. He was fine with that.

Our daughter was almost three when she saw Medieval Times for the first time. And she LOVED it.
We didn't find it violent or gruesome. But we did explain to our daughter that it was all 'pretend' and that no one was really getting hurt (as in if they fell of of their horse or such).
The Medieval Times we went to didn't charge extra for priority seating, but if that means getting seats closer
to the ring, than I would pay it. We had made arrangements to go so far in advance that we ended right up next
to the center ring (where all the action takes place) and it was GREAT!! Best seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter