Meeting at the Airport

stitcher28

Earning My Ears
I'll by flying in on USAir in Terminal B scheduled to arrive about 15 minutes before my sister who is flying on Air Tran in Terminal A on December 5th.

Does anyone have recommendations about good meeting spots? My sister is not familiar with the airport (this will only be her 2nd trip to WDW). We're renting a car from Budget in the terminal.

Should I pick up my baggage first and then try to make my way to Terminal A's baggage area and try to find her there?

I also thought that it might be a good idea to meet at Budget's rental counter in Terminal A?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Being an "Orlando Local" I have to meet many friends and relatives at OIA. There are two areas that the terminals let off at. What I always tell my arriving friends is to take the shuttle to the main terminal (everybody has to and you can no longer get to the gates without a ticket). Then once they depart the shuttle to pass thru the security area and look directly to the left.
I usually arrive early, and situate myself directly to the right of the area they will be coming from.
You can usually see the ARRIVALS board from this area so you can keep track of the flight.
Don't try to get your luggage, meet first.
Also have a plan to reverse roles if your sister's flight arrives before yours.
A final back-up plan. IF all else fails, plan to meet at the Disney Store in the main terminal after a certain hour.

The Disney Store seems like a good meeting place. After you get off from the terminal shuttles, its really hard to miss. Plus, you can do a little shopping while you wait ... and its pretty close to the food court so you could always have an expensive airport coffee too :rolleyes: Just kidding!

The Disney Store seems like a good meeting place. After you get off from the terminal shuttles, its really hard to miss. Plus, you can do a little shopping while you wait ... and its pretty close to the food court so you could always have an expensive airport coffee too :rolleyes: Just kidding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter