Member Benefits

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
Does it bother anyone else that renters feel they should be entitled to member perks during their stay? I guess it should be just water off my back, but I feel like because I invested the cash in the program, these are my benefits. Does it bother anyone else? Or am I just being too sensitive?

I don't really care what renters feel, in this regard: Rather, it is a matter of whether, should I need to rent my points as an owner, I can capitalize on the value of my member benefits. In a nutshell, if my renter benefits from member perks, it increases the value of the rental, thereby putting upward pressure on the price I can charge, and consequently allows me to recover more of the money I put-out for my points. That's a good thing IMHO, as an owner.

I'm not sure whether it's a feeling of entitlement or they just want to know what comes with the package. Seems to me like most of the posts I've seen have been inquiries rather than expectations.

DVC is a little confusing for newbies, so I can certainly understand the questions. After all, there are some perks all DVC guests get, there are some only DVC owners get - but we get them whether we are staying on points or not, there are others only owners staying on points are entitled to. Plus, the benefits often depend on which resort you visit and which particular CM you come in contact with!

I also see owners with only a dozen DIS posts under their belt trying to rent points, and I have to wonder how conversant they are with all of the ins and outs of the perks. I haven't rented points yet, but before I do, I will go to school and try to get the most accurate info I can for the people who rent from me. I certainly want my renters to have a great vacation, but I also don't want them to go to WDW with a bunch of misinformation and be disappointed.

We don't ever plan to rent. If for some reason we were not planning a WDW trip, we would bank the points for the following year. So, maybe I'm not a good one to answer this. :)
I don't think renters should get DVC benefits. If they want the benefits then they should buy DVC just like we did. Most of the posts on this subject seem to be renters/potential renters asking if they get the perks because they are staying in a DVC unit. I can understand their confusion and don't mind them asking. However, if a renter was checking in and demanding DVC perks, that would bother me. :flower:

I also see owners with only a dozen DIS posts under their belt trying to rent points, and I have to wonder how conversant they are with all of the ins and outs of the perks.

Jim I have a few thousand under my belt and still am trying to learn the ins and outs of how to rent...for me because I bought with points I cannot use and do not want to lose them it has been like taking another class trying to learn all of this stuff! Hey...anyone want to finish my Child and Adolescent Counsleing Paper? :teeth: Memo to self---taking 2 classes, with a family, working ft, and trying to learn DVC does not mix! :rotfl: :rotfl: I gave DH the books this weekend and he is learning for me! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter