Members+Friends & Family: save 40% on Villas!

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
Did anybody else get this email from DVC?

Members+Friends& Family: save 40% on Villas!

Looks like you have to do a DVC cash reservation and only applies to 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms.

I only see SSR and OKW listed. any others?

Looks like 5/16-10/3/24 and 12/9-12/21/24 only.

I looked at the cash rate on the wdw website and compared.

I got the email but didn't look at the details except to notice you have to call MS to make the cash reservations. Interesting!

I did! I am going to check it out for a friend who is going this summer.

I don’t remember this before but nice to see the increase to 40%. Of course, who knows what is available.

I have a friend that is a DVC member but before I bring it up to him... Is it only for Old Key West and Saratoga Springs?

I have a friend that is a DVC member but before I bring it up to him... Is it only for Old Key West and Saratoga Springs?

It didn’t say that. You have to call to see what is available. Looking at cash rooms may or may not be all that is available for certain dates.

I called within minutes of getting the email this afternoon to get more information and the CM had no idea what I was talking about (guess I shouldn't be surprised!) She put me on hold for a bit to check with her team lead and then finally came back and said they were only just getting the information right then also so she couldn't answer any questions yet. Has anyone asked if you have to be traveling with friends/family if you book a room for them with this promo? I may call back later just to see...

I called within minutes of getting the email this afternoon to get more information and the CM had no idea what I was talking about (guess I shouldn't be surprised!) She put me on hold for a bit to check with her team lead and then finally came back and said they were only just getting the information right then also so she couldn't answer any questions yet. Has anyone asked if you have to be traveling with friends/family if you book a room for them with this promo? I may call back later just to see...

I'm not DVC so I probably have no idea what I'm saying but what I gathered was that the member had to call and book the room for the friends/family but it did not sound as though they also had to be going with them or at the same time as them.

From what I read it said a 'room for member and up to 3 friends or family' and then I deleted it. A member has to be staying in a cash room discounted through DVC, and this just looks like the same thing at a better price.

Just an FYI, when I was checking out villa prices for next year, one thing I noted is that in a lot of cases there isn't too much difference in the cash price between a studio and one bedroom.

I called right away in the hopes of snagging a BCV 2BR for July which I already have booked at rack rate. $$$$! Of course no discounted 2BR available at Epcot resorts and the discounted 1 BR available at RR was close to the rack rate I’m already paying. Wishing I could be more flexible (OKW or SS) but my friend has his heart set on an Epcot resort and loves BCV. So… biting the bullet and paying rack rate. 8-)

Tried this morning to book using this promotion. All they had were studios - no 1BRs. Anyway, kept my AP rate.

Is this how DVC goes after the rental market?
I checked the dates I was thinking of renting some points (I am out, as always) and the 40% off is significantly cheaper than the $18/pp seen around here for SSR. Plus the cancellation policy is nice.
I have not called yet, but I will as soon as I am able. (Read: still at work😂)

Here's the promo

Be welcomed home to the incredible magic of a Walt Disney World vacation with this limited-time special offer. Starting April 30, 2024 you can book select villas, including ones at Disney’s Old Key West Resort or Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa—and save up to 40%!

You can book up to 3 additional rooms at this special rate so that friends and family members can join you when you visit. Enjoy new thrills in the parks and classic attractions. Plus, relax in Member Lounges—including the Member Lounge at EPCOT.

This special offer is for cash rentals only and is valid for stays most nights May 16 through October 3, 2024, and December 9 through December 21, 2024.

You can book this offer by calling Member Services at (800) 800-9800. Members can book for themselves and up to 3 rooms for their friends and family members. (Members must book on behalf of their friends and family.)

Current Disney Vacation Club Membership in good standing must be validated prior to booking. Discounted cash reservations are based upon availability.

Interested in other travel dates or a different Walt Disney World Resort? Ask Member Services about special Member Friends and Family rates that may be available.

Other Important Details:
  • This cash rental offer is not valid for bookings with Vacation Points.
  • Valid current Disney Vacation Club Members must book on behalf of their family and friends.
  • Valid only on villas, excluding 3-Bedroom Grand Villas and 3-Bedroom Treehouse Villas.
  • Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room for stays from May 16 through October 3, 2024, and December 9 through December 21, 2024.
  • Travel for stays from May 16 through October 3, 2024, must be completed by October 4, 2024. Travel for stays from December 9 through December 21, 2024, must be completed by December 22, 2024.
  • Length of stay requirements apply, and cancellation of any nights of a stay will affect discount validity.
  • Not valid on previously booked rooms. Advance reservations required.
  • Subject to availability as the number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited.
  • Excludes applicable fees and taxes.
  • Occupancy restrictions apply per room.
  • Not valid in combination with any other hotel discounts or offers.
  • Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
  • Select activities require additional fees.
Source link
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...ly-save-40-off-deluxe-villas-at-disney-world/

I really wish this could be booked online. Or at least be able to check availability online. Without knowing what resorts/dates/prices are available, it's tough to coordinate with others. For those that have done this before, do you just know the exact dates and what resort/price is acceptable? Do you have them on the call with you?

I had just booked a 5 night cash stay in June at Yacht with the AP 35% deal at $407 a night so I called to see if I could pick up an addl 5%…. Nope….only OKW and SSR one and 2 bedrooms. But if you were looking for those resorts, they were coming out right 5% cheaper than the AP for my dates. I ran it just to see the difference.

Called today to check for a friend and confirmed that the owner has to also book a cash room for the same time for this special promotion. They still offered the standard 25% discount without the member having to go.

I called right away in the hopes of snagging a BCV 2BR for July which I already have booked at rack rate. $$$$! Of course no discounted 2BR available at Epcot resorts and the discounted 1 BR available at RR was close to the rack rate I’m already paying. Wishing I could be more flexible (OKW or SS) but my friend has his heart set on an Epcot resort and loves BCV. So… biting the bullet and paying rack rate. 8-)
Is there currently an AP discount? Years ago, we ended up buying an AP because the room discount ended up being about the same as the cost to upgrade one ticket to an AP. Didn't really "save" on the room/tickets but got all the AP discounts plus a year of park entry vs the one week ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter