MEMORIAL DAY -- Free to enjoy because of the sacrifice of others...

mjy

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
As the nation celebrates Memorial Day, let us remember the reason for the day: We pause to remember those in the Armed Forces throughout the years who have sacrificed their lives that we may enjoy our freedom.

For those of you who may have lost a family member or friend, I will remember you this weekend that your grief may be lessened.

memorial2007.jpg

Mjy, Well said!

My thoughts this weekend are with all those who served, those who are currently serving, the families of those who are serving and to the families of all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice!

Great thoughts, and very well-said. It's not just those who have paid the ultimate price that we need to remember on Memorial Day.

Thankfully, most military families don't pay the ultimate price, but they pay a very high price just the same. They suffer separation, fear, moving every few years to places they never wanted to go, disrupted schools and friendships, disconnection from family...ad infinitum.

Sometimes one of the most difficult things to endure is that when bad things do happen -- even if they don't happen to you -- the rest of the world goes on as if nothing happened. That's why special days like Memorial Day are so important.

Thank you all -- including all the young pirates and princesses -- for your service and sacrifice so that we can remain free.

My thoughts and well wishes go out to all of our submarine sailors who are silently doing their job. They do not get much pub, but they out during war and peace, separated from their families and friends.

Thank you mjy for starting this thoughtful thread. We are grateful indeed.

I want to say thanks for starting this thread also. As a mother and mother-in-law of two young men who are currently serving in the Army, I appreciate the thoughts of people you realize what these families are going through to preserve our freedoms in this country. My son and son-in-law have been separated from their families several times for many months, and they do it because they love this country and what it stands for. Please go to a service today and remember them and those that have served before them.

A Proud Mother and Mother-in-law in Illinois!:smickey:

I want to say thanks for starting this thread also. As a mother and mother-in-law of two young men who are currently serving in the Army, I appreciate the thoughts of people you realize what these families are going through to preserve our freedoms in this country. My son and son-in-law have been separated from their families several times for many months, and they do it because they love this country and what it stands for. Please go to a service today and remember them and those that have served before them.

A Proud Mother and Mother-in-law in Illinois!:smickey:

Godspeed to your son and SIL as they serve our country. We are lucky to have young men and women who are willing to do so.

Thanks to all who have served our country in the past as well. The USA is stronger because of your sacrifices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter