Memory Maker and military discount

springtime

Earning My Ears
My dad is a retired military member and is planning on purchasing memory maker at the discounted rated. I understand that it cannot be purchased in advance, and must be purchased at guest relations at the park. It says that he needs to have valid military identification. He has veteran printed on his drivers license. Does that count as valid identification, or does he need something else? Thank you!

My dad is a retired military member and is planning on purchasing memory maker at the discounted rated. I understand that it cannot be purchased in advance, and must be purchased at guest relations at the park. It says that he needs to have valid military identification. He has veteran printed on his drivers license. Does that count as valid identification, or does he need something else? Thank you!
A driver’s license will not work. They require a military ID for the special military pricing. It can be a retiree ID, but it has to be a military issued ID.

I would have him bring his blue retired ID. I'm 95% sure you need to have a military ID to get the discount.
https://www.militarydisneytips.com/blog/disney-military-discount-id-guide/

Ooh, there's a military discount for that? That might be worth it. I love pictures!

Will we be able to purchase this in DS when we activate military tickets?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Can I purchase memory maker with valid military ID at Guest Services at Disney Springs - near D-luxe Burger?

No, because there are many veterans who are not retirees, and they are not eligible for the military discount.

I would be surprised if your dad ever travels without his military ID, as a retiree. It’s the key to health care for most of us, and many discounts, including those at Disney. My husband and I don’t go anywhere without ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter