Michelle & Ryan's Once Upon a Dream Home Wedding and WDW Honeymoon PJ

Your invites are stunning! I love the color combination, the mix of fonts, and I'm a sucker for a pocketfold invite. :) Nicely done!

Thank you SO much! I really wanted to include all of our wedding colors in the invites, but didn't want it to be overwhelming, childish or tacky. I think the trim and ampersand in tiffany blue was exactly what we needed. WHO doesn't love a nice pocketfold haha. Thanks so much for your comment. The ampersand actually has a lot more meaning which is why I REALLY wanted to include it on the invites. We are using standing ampersand's as our table numbers (I will show some samples were working on shortly), our cake topper is an R "&" M logo and finally Ryan and I are getting matching tattoos of the ampersand after our wedding...eeek!

Very nice. I like simplicity too. Glad to hear you already are receiving responses. Did any say a song they wanted to hear? What a nice idea.

Thank you Lynne! I think simplicity goes a long way. Yes, we have received song selections on all of the RSVP cards thus far with the exception of Ryan's grandparents. Some of the ones that have been selected so far are; You are my best friend by Queen, You make me Wanna Shout, Wannabe by Spice Girls, Blank Space by Taylor Swift, Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis.....so its got some range which is great!

We are actually still deciding on our first dance dong right now and Can't Help Falling in Love is actually on our short list - we've cut it down to three songs. I will list them with YouTube post's shortly and hopefully get some feedback from you guys!

Love love love your invites! So modern yet timeless, I think they're great for your event!

These photography permits are killing me!! I can't find anywhere for engagement pics where we can just show up and take some darn pictures! Ugh. I have a month to come up with something.

We set our date for April 9, 2016 at the Pillar and Post hotel in Niagara on the Lake. I'm super excited, but this planning nonsense is stressful stuff!! So happy for you that it's almost your big day and you're able to enjoy the fruits of your labour!

Thank you SO much for your comments on our invites. I really truly love them and I think they are the perfect balance that we wanted! OMG, I know the permits are killers! We actually haven't taken our engagement photos yet, but they are planned for May 10th, so coming up VERY soon. I had the same debate, I really didn't want to pay $300+ for the rights just to take photos. Seemed like such a waste.

I was actually debating taking our photos at the Distillery District in Toronto. Ryan and I have had many beautiful dates there and I thought it would have been nice to use a backdrop the complete opposite of where our wedding photos will be. BUT they did want $300 for the permit and I refused to pay that. My photographer said that they do not have permit police on Sunday morning so we could do an early morning session without a permit, BUT it is a risk. IF someone happens to show up out of the blue it could cause problems. I'm not interested in dealing with a situation like that so I tossed that idea pretty quickly. Instead we decided to take our photos at Scottsdale Farms. If you do a quick google of "scottsdale farm engagement photos" you will see a whole whack of ideas and I think they are really lovely. Nicest thing...NO PERMIT NEEDED, NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED. In addition, my photographer has used this location many times and says it is one of her favorites, so I know she will have some lovely ideas for us.

Aww...Pillar and Post. Such a beautiful location. My mom, grandma and I went for a girls spa weekend there a couple of year ago. Such fond memories. Your wedding will have such a lovely backdrop. Yes, planning can be stressful, but I removed a lot of that stress by taking care of the BIG items - like vendors, dress, ect early on. Now I am just having to finalize and provide payment for those items and I am really enjoying the DIY and "fun" things with Ryan and my girls. Hopefully you can do the same!!!!

HAIR

As my dress is a strapless sweetheart, I really wanted to wear my hair down, but at the same time I wanted it pulled back slightly so that it isn't in my face all day long. I also frequently wear extensions and love having long hair - I have been working at growing my hair for what feels like forever, but it just seems to get to a certain length and just never grow again haha.

I used to have a signature braid in my hair always, so I wanted to see if I could somehow incorporate this in my style. Here's a photo of my usual tried, tested and trued braid
upload_2015-4-28_8-58-16.png

I'm thinking loose curls with some pieces pulled back. Here's a couple of examples of hair that I really like
upload_2015-4-28_8-59-14.png
this is a waterfall braid, which I love but might not be able to do because of the extensions (you may see the clips)

upload_2015-4-28_8-59-41.png
not quite a braid, but similar style
upload_2015-4-28_9-0-11.png
not sure I like the overlapping on the back, but like the way the curls hang and the braid on the front
upload_2015-4-28_9-1-13.png
upload_2015-4-28_9-1-59.png
with this one, I wouldn't want to the curls to be as messy looking as they are here

Now I am wearing a veil (my beautiful veil can be seen in an earlier post, actually SO in love with it still haha) for the ceremony, some photos and maybe our first dance - not quite sure when I will take it off yet. Any suggestions? When do people typically take it off - mine is only fingertip length so it's not like I'll be tripping on it. HELP! I can't decide if I want to add a sparkly headband - this would be in even when the veil is in OR if I want to add a flower in my hair one the veil is removed. Here are some examples of things I've liked

upload_2015-4-28_9-8-53.png
love this simple flower. Also remember my dress has a waist band with a beautiful flower on it. Not sure if that would be TOO much flower to put one in my hair OR if it complements one another. HELP!

or if I should just go the sparkly headband route like this
upload_2015-4-28_9-10-25.png
upload_2015-4-28_9-11-33.png
(however I would make sure the combs are covered heehee)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...I am actually TERRIBLE at accessorizing haha. OH, it may be helpful to know that I THINK my jewelry will be peals - my grandmother has offered for me the wear the peals my grandfather bought her for their wedding day, I am the first grandkid to get married so I think this would be lovely. I'm thinking that a sparkly headband may be the only way for me to get some sparkly in so I'm not sure what to do.

I don't know how I just saw your pj! Looks awesome!!'
I'm also living in Canada, Windsor.

I love your dress! And your heels!
I love your idea of an 'at home' wedding. Can't wait to read more :)

I'm late in joining in, but your wedding plans look amazing and beautiful! How exciting you got moved to the Poly (thanks Mom)!

Oh! I also have to mention I work in Human Resources as well! :)

Since you are taking your veil off, I'd go for a sparkly headband, unless you don't like wearing them. Heck, even a tiara might be cute. Unless you think your dress is not formal, I'd wouldn't put a flower in my hair. For the hair style, I like the soft, loose curls in the back the most, since you are braiding your hair in the front. And the pearls will be your something old or something borrowed. Lovely indeed.

I don't know how I just saw your pj! Looks awesome!!'
I'm also living in Canada, Windsor.

I love your dress! And your heels!
I love your idea of an 'at home' wedding. Can't wait to read more :)

Welcome, welcome, welcome :welcome:! WOO another Canadian gal!

New updates coming shortly, don't you worry!

I'm late in joining in, but your wedding plans look amazing and beautiful! How exciting you got moved to the Poly (thanks Mom)!

Oh! I also have to mention I work in Human Resources as well! :)

Better late than never :P! Glad you've joined in.

I am SO excited for the Poly, can't even describe it. OHHH another HR! What exactly do you do?

Since you are taking your veil off, I'd go for a sparkly headband, unless you don't like wearing them. Heck, even a tiara might be cute. Unless you think your dress is not formal, I'd wouldn't put a flower in my hair. For the hair style, I like the soft, loose curls in the back the most, since you are braiding your hair in the front. And the pearls will be your something old or something borrowed. Lovely indeed.

I used to wear headbands ALL of the time. Actually, they were kind of my signature thing BEFORE I stated doing the braids haha. It would be kind of cool the blend them together I think. PLUS what girl doesn't like a bit of sparkle :D. I really do love the flower, but there is a flower on my dress so maybe too many flowers? AH, I don't know. I will probably end up buying both a flower and headband (maybe not even the ones I want) and bring them to my first dress fitting so I can figure out what way I want to go - I'd just have to make sure they would be returnable for a full refund haha.

Yes, I did need something borrowed and old so the pearls are a great addition. My grandma actually had a HUGE part in raising my brother and I so I think she was thrilled that I wanted to borrow her pearls, kind of a special bond.

HEY GUYS...GUESS WHAT!
4 months TODAY until I become a MRS
:love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay::love::yay:

I'll be back shortly with another update for you!

MAKE UP

So this update is coming at a perfect time. I actually have a makeup trail this evening and another one tomorrow.

I am a bit nervous about these trails as I really don't wear a lot of make up or even know much about it. I feel like I will have a difficult time describing what I want or making any corrections to what they do. People have told me that the best thing I can do is provide photos of things I like and get the opinion of the makeup artist as to what would look good on me.

As I mentioned, I don't really wear much make up so I do want to go with a more natural look. However, I do want to look a bit more special than my everyday self, but I still want to look like myself - see how confusing it is already getting haha.

I refer to my desired wedding day look as "Natural Glam" - soft natural look with a punch. My main focus, I want to play up my eyes (I have uniquely colored blue eyes, kinda of a blue/ice/grey color that I get complements on all of the time) and I THINK I want a more natural lip - I actually never wear anything on my lips, but chap-stick haha.

Here are a few items that I like. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK OR RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOW I SHOULD APPROACH THESE TRIALS.

upload_2015-4-29_13-56-42.png

I like the softness of this eye make up, played up a bit with eye liner

upload_2015-4-29_13-58-37.png

upload_2015-4-29_14-0-25.png

upload_2015-4-29_14-0-49.png

As you can see, they are all very similar so I won't post any more photos because it's a bit repetitive.

What are your thoughts? I feel like natural is the best way to go when it comes to wedding day make up - you want it to be timeless after all and not over the top that years from now you start thinking "what is the world was I thinking", especially when you don't typically wear makeup. I hope photos like these will help the makeup artist I am meeting with define a look for me and we will be able to find the right look.

The other thing I am hoping to get some guidance on is regular makeup VS airbrush makeup. I have heard that airbrush isn't a heavy and tends to stay on longer which are great things. In addition, I hear that since we are getting married in the summer and our ceremony and photos are outdoors that it will stand up better to the heat (won't run and stays fresher looking). However, there is a pretty significant difference in price between the two and I am not sure if it is worth it or not. Any thoughts? What have you guys done?

On that note...damn, getting your makeup done is expensive haha. I don't mind paying the cost simply because we are already paying for so many photos to be taken and of course you want to look your best on the this special occasion, but I just couldn't believe the cost haha. My only hope is that I get what I am picturing in my head (but can't quite explain to anyone lol) and that I look beautiful. That's what this day is all about right?

CEREMONY DECOR IDEAS

Since we have SUCH a lovely backdrop at our venues, I am really happy that we don't have to get too carried away with decor. I feel like the beautiful gardens can speak for themselves. Here are some ideas that I have.

Just as a reminder, here is what our ceremony location looks like
upload_2015-4-29_14-11-4.png

We will get married under that arbor there. The garden in the background is permanent, but those flowers/displays around the actual arbor are not. I have never seen those before and I have gone to visit this location MULTIPLE times so I believe they were added for this specific wedding. The only true decor that I am planning on added to the ceremony space is a flower garland draped over and around the arbor. I feel like it will put focus on the arbor and will make for some beautiful photos.

Our flowers are hydrangeas, calla lilies and roses, all white so I am not exactly sure what our florist will come up with, but I'm sure it will be beautiful. Honestly, our florist has been amazing to work with and has gotten my vision in everything we have done so far, so I'm sure this will be the same. I am leaving it in his capable hands.

Here are some inspiration photos for reference
upload_2015-4-29_14-17-33.png
(not quite as "bulky" looking as this)
upload_2015-4-29_14-18-59.png
(more flowers added than this one)
upload_2015-4-29_14-19-40.png

upload_2015-4-29_14-20-9.png

Hopefully that gives you an idea of what I was thinking.

Do you agree that this space should let it's own beauty speak for itself? Am I under estimating what kinda of decor I need for this site?All recommendations welcome!

NOW HERE IS MY BIGGEST ISSUE WITH THIS SITE!!

THE RED AISLE RUNNER!!!!!!!
eeek! I hate the color red, this is NOT a red carpet event this is my wedding!

Here is my problem. I DON'T like it. I just don't! I have asked the venue if they would kindly remove it for me and they are not able to tell me. They said that IF not other wedding books this site on my day, sure. If someone does book on my day and they want it, then no. Along with that they say; "please note, the current aisle runner covers a large square sewer grate. If we remove the aisle runner it will be exposed". Ahh! Well that won't do either.

"Do you have a different colored aisle runner that we could use"? No.

"Can we provide our own aisle runner"? Yes, however you would need to lay your aisle runner over our current red one to save time as the aisle runner may be needed for other weddings and it is quite heavy to move.
"Ok, how big is that current aisle runner"? 4 ft wide X 40 ft long. And it would have to be a thick enough material to cover the red if that is your issue with the one we provide.

HAS ANYONE LOOKED UP HOW MUCH A 4X40 HEAVY DUTY AISLE RUNNER IS? Freaking $350+. Ahhh, okay so that's not happening.

Any suggestions on what to do? At this point it looks like I'm just going to have to deal with it, but I really feel like I am settling. I think in photos it will look terrible against our bridesmaid dresses - they are Tiffany Blue. Ugh.

My plan was to have them remove it, just have the patio stone showing OR have my own aisle runner (not heavy duty and not as big) and lay white flower petals down, but that seems to be a squashed idea. HELP HELP HELP HELP! Am I just overreacting - the venue says that no one has ever complained about it and that no one will notice because no one looks at the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONAL PLANS FOR THE CEREMONY AREA

We are having a harpist play at our ceremony so we will have a little section set up for her in the back left corner - she needs to be under the tent JUST in case we get any weather issues.

I have also requested to have a table set up at the very back of the site with cucumber water, juice and lemonaide set up - remember, outside in late August it COULD be humid.

I am also working with my MOH to make programs for the day. I would REALLY like to find a way to make the programs a "fan" so people can use them while at the ceremony and while walking the gardens (for the 45 minutes between the end of ceremony and start of cocktail hour) if they are warm. Not exactly sure of the details on this, but I think they will looks something like this

upload_2015-4-29_14-35-10.png

I would probably put a cute Tiffany Blue bow on the stick (or not have just a plain Popsicle stick) and would want to use the same idea as the invites - different size and color font.

Lastly, I have my AMAZING MOH working on a little sign for me to welcome our guests. Something like this

upload_2015-4-29_14-37-18.png

upload_2015-4-29_14-37-43.png

Again..using the same idea as the invites with different line ups, fonts, sizes and colors.

That's all I am thinking of for the ceremony site!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back next with some updates on our Reception Decor

Airbrush is worth it, as with the expected heat, I'd splurge and do it. I'd also stay more natural, as you seem fair colored, and with blue eyes like me, I didn't want to look over made. Just make sure the amount is right for pictures, as sometimes the lighting can wash complexions out.

Your MOH does awesome with the signs. So cute. Went to a July wedding in a church with no AC, let me tell ya, fans are much appreciated in heat.

Hmm, maybe more like a plastic cover for the ugly red? My niece had her wedding in a garden, and had no runner and a flowered arbor. Very very pretty. Hmm, to cover, maybe just small rug over that needing cover and hopefully can take up the ugly red? Or lots of flowers to cover that red?

Hey Everyone,

I've got some great updates for you! This weekend was a pretty busy one and we made some progress on some of our plans and details.

I had two makeup trails last week to fill you in on.

The first was on April 28th and it went TERRIBLY! I explained to her that I wanted a "natural look that played up my eyes". She decided to do black smokey eyes? Not, sure how she came to that decision when someone asked for natural makeup :scared:haha. Needless to say I was really disappointed, it looked like I had two black eyes from a distant. I was so upset and frustrated as I was already concerned with the whole make up idea. I didn't take any photos as I removed to make up while still in my car before I even drove away.

I kind of just wanted to give up at that point - yes, this was only the first trial, but it was really bad.

However, I had already booked another trail on April 30th and I didn't want to be that person that canceled last minute for no good reason so I decided that I should get over the previously negative experience and roll with the next trial.

I am SO glad that I did. I told her about the horror story of my last trial, which we laughed about and I told her that I wanted a "natural look that played up my eyes". This lady was fantastic! Since I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do, she did one style on my right eye and different style on my left. We then went over what I liked and didn't like about each style and she removed both from my eyes to start fresh. She then did my whole face over creating a new look based on our discussion about the last two styles and figured out exactly what I wanted!!! We did airbrush as well so that was cool to experience and she talked to me about the benefits of airbrush over regular makeup - it would resist the sweat and tears better and would stay on longer with a more flawless look. I was SOLD! Needless to say, I have now found my make up artist for the day.

Again, not photos even though I was in love with what she had done!!!! She took photos so she does have some (she wanted them so she could reference them if I decided to book with her). I wanted to take photos, but when I got home, Ryan was already home so I had to remove it as quickly as possible as I didn't want him to see me all glammed up! Shuck! Oh well...I'm happy about the experience and glad that it was so much more of a positive nature than the first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also picked up the bridesmaids dresses on Saturday morning and met with our seamstress on Saturday afternoon to get them all fitted and altered. I'm glad that the dresses were actually really close to being perfect in size and all just needed minimal alternations - the normal things like fitting around the bust and hems. I was also really happy with the color. See, when we ordered the dresses none of them were in stock in the color we wanted so I had to based my decision and order on a swatch. When I was looking at the swatch I wasn't in love with the color that was closest to Tiffany blue. It seemed to be a lot lighter, almost like a sky blue, but it was the closest that they had and was one of the only collections that had dresses that all of my girls liked - they are all doing different dresses, but I wanted them to be from the same collection so that they were the same color and material. The dresses are actually a much nicer and closer color to what I wanted than I initially thought, so that was amazing! I didn't take any photos because I thought I would rather post them once they were all fitted. We should have the dresses back at the end of May (no rush, we do have until August here haha) so I will post photos of them then!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, we purchased our wedding bands yesterday!

I'm not sure if I previously posted a photo of my engagement ring, so here is it!
upload_2015-5-4_12-4-56.png

It is very simple, but exactly what I wanted! I wanted a very classic and simple style as I knew I wanted a diamond infinity or 3/4 wedding band and I knew it would go perfectly!

Here is my wedding band!!! EEEK! IN LOVE WITH IT. :love:
upload_2015-5-4_12-6-18.png
I decided to go with a 3/4 band rather than the infinity band for a couple of reasons. First, price. Of course more diamonds means a higher cost. A lot people told me that the extra money isn't worth it for the diamonds to go all the way around as you don't see them. Secondly, the infinity bands typically end up getting scratched diamonds along the bottom OR damage other things you grab as it is not a smooth surface. Lastly, I was told that the infinity bands cannot be re-sized if necessary as there is no exposed gold band to work with.

In the end, I love my wedding band and that is ALL that matters. To each their own right?

We also purchased Ryan's wedding band. Now, Ryan is not into jewelry at all. He often says "I'm not into man rings", but of course he understand that a wedding ring is not just a piece of jewelry. We had a couple of things to consider when looking at rings for him. Firstly, since he is not into wearing a "man ring", we had to find something that was comfortable and lightweight. Secondly, he wanted it to be rather plain as he did not see the need to have diamonds or designs as he is only wearing the ring as a married man, not a fashion statement. Lastly, it had to be a metal that was scratch resistant and he was concerned with ruining it while at work.

We ended up finding and getting him this ring.
upload_2015-5-4_12-13-14.png

I liked that it was still "plain" like he requested, but with the brushed section in the middle it added a bit more definition. In addition, this band was one of the comfort fit bands, which is contoured on the inside for a more comfortable fit. The ring is made of Cobalt Chrome so it is highly scratch resistant and very lightweight. Of all of the metals, this one has the most charactistics of white gold, without being white gold which matches my set quite nicely.

I really pleased to have gotten this task done so early so now I don't have to worry! Amazing feeling haha.

Any thoughts?

I have an infinity band - I call it my eternity band, I got it when we were married 7 years - I thought that was an eternity! LOL. Anyway, I've had it for long time now, and I still love that the diamonds go all the way around the ring. I've never caught it nor damaged it. I wear it in front of my engagement ring, and I think you'll be very happy with the look of having your wedding ring next to your engagement ring. I also like Ryan's band. It's a perfect match to your set.

Great update!

Engagement Photos

Hey everyone! Sorry that I have been absent the last little bit. There has been a lot going on. However, this past weekend we had our ENGAGEMENT PHOTO SHOOT with our wedding photographer. We took our photos at Scottsdale Farms in Georgetown.

I was a bit worried about this as Ryan REALLY doesn't like having his photo taken - he's one of those people who does not think he looks good in photos, so he makes a point to not look good just so it didn't happen by accident , sigh boys **shakes head**.

Anyways, I was really happy with our photographer! She went out of her way to make us laugh and really enjoy to day which lead to some really nice photos. Here are a couple for your viewing pleasure.

upload_2015-5-13_8-18-48.png

Take my hand, my whole life too. I can't help falling in love with you <3

upload_2015-5-13_8-19-12.png

All that you are is all that I'll ever need

upload_2015-5-13_8-19-42.png

upload_2015-5-13_8-20-18.png

upload_2015-5-13_8-20-53.png

How wonderful life is, now you're your in the world

At the end of the day I was really happy with how our photos turned out. They were both fun, cute and romantic all at the same time. I am still waiting on a bunch more to come in - there were some that I loved that our photographer is going to do more editing on **cough, like removing a double chin or two from, cough** haha, but thought it would be nice to share some of the ones that I am in love with now.

BOYS ATTIRE

So we have figured out what the boys are going to wear and it all started with a shoe for Ryan. Ryan is NOT a very formal guys. His job does not require him to dress up and he feels rather stuffy in a suit. Clearly a suit/tux was necessary for this event (says me) so we compromised and decided that they guys can wear a less formal shoe! The guys decided to go with these shoes - this is very much all of their style so it will be more comfortable for them AND they have something they can keep at the end of the day.

upload_2015-5-13_8-33-12.png
Pretty simple, but clean looking. Plus I think it's great that Ryan's style is getting to come through in his attire. We found them online on sale so now everyone has them, with strict instructions to wear them around the house so they are comfortable for the wedding day (who wants uncomfortable feet all day), but NOT to wear them outside as they must be in PERFECT condition still. Let's hope they can follow instructions haha.

Next we went in search of tux rentals.

Initially
I had met a contact at the Bridal Show back in January from Moore Clothiers, so we started our search there. When we got there, my contact wasn't working and was actuall on holidays for the next 2 weeks, so we spoke with someone else - what's the harm, right? The gentleman we worked with was such an a** and we left with no desire to ever go back - he was pretty much telling us that the tux rentals aren't great as they don't really get fitted and was trying to talk us into purchasing suits (which I would have been okay doing for Ryan, but wasn't about to ask his party to purchase suits for one event).

So we started looking around at other places and eventually found something we liked at Tip Top Tailors. We went ahead and put the deposits down (on $20 each rental) and I thought we were done.

About a week after putting down the deposits at TTT, my contact from Moore's called me to inquire as to why she had not seen me in yet as our wedding date was approaching. I explained what happened to her and the way the other guy had treated us and she was appalled. She asked if she could call me back in a couple of minutes as she wanted to look into something. When she called me back, she apologized profusely and said that IF we were willing to come back in and talk things over with her she would make it worth our while. I figured, whats the harm and we went in to see her two days later.

She again apologized over and over again and said that the guy who had helped us DOESN'T work in the rental department and is actually a sales manager - now it makes sense why he was pushing the purchase on us rather than discussing rentals. She said that if we would change our rental to them, they would match the price we were getting from TTT and would throw in a suit from the floor for Ryan to keep (up to a $600 value) for the trouble - I later learned that this "free" suit was part of there upcoming promotion for the summer, but it was nice they would advance it to us. I figured, that it would be nice for Ryan to have a nice fitted suit in his wardrobe - we are at the age where our friends are starting to get married so it would come in useful, and decided this would be the way to go. My contact was even helpful enough to contact TTT and get our deposits back for us - at the end of the day, I wasn't worried about the deposit, I figured IF I lost the $80 deposit I paid $80 for a $600 suit, not a bad deal IMO.

LONG STORY SHORT (sorry guys!), we decided to go with a dark Vera Wang Tux
upload_2015-5-13_8-54-12.png

upload_2015-5-13_8-54-38.png

They have all gone for their sizing now and I must say they all looked rather dashing and handsome.

The bridal party will wear black bow ties and will have a tiffany blue pocket square and Ryan will have a tiffany blue bow tie and pocket square. We decided not to go with vests (I thought it would be too hot for them seeing how our ceremony is outside in August) and obviously did not get the shoes as they guys will be wearing their own - I had Ryan try his tux on with the shoes and it looked good! Much more his style so I'm glad we went that route.

What a sweet proposal story!

TeamSy, I just looked at your ticker and realized that we will be heading to WDW on the same day - my ticker is for the wedding and we will be having our trips at the same time! Where are you staying? How are your plans coming along?

RECEPTION DECOR

We have decided that we did not want to do a "traditional" cake. The last few weddings we have been to the majority of the cake has gone to waste - either there was too much, people weren't hungry for it or the venue forgot to CUT AND SERVE the cake and guest didn't dive in to do it t themselves.

We decided instead to do a small two tier cake as I wanted to be able to take the top tier and freeze it and still have a layer that we can cut into. We will also have cupcakes to serve to all of our guests.

Something like this
upload_2015-5-13_9-8-12.png

I figure this way people will be more likely to grab a cupcake as they walk by at they are more mobile than a slice of cake and HOPEFULLY we won't have a ton of waste. I am also going to provide take home boxes so guest that don't feel like eating their cupcake that moment OR would like to take any extra one home, they can.

upload_2015-5-13_9-11-15.png

We've seen them at the Creative Bag store here in our area so I think this will help to eliminate some wasted food - I really HATE wasting food!

We decided that we wanted to do a "monogram" style cake topper and wanted to incorporate our "&" into it. We found a seller on Etsy that would do them and contacted them for a price and sample. They were really quick in getting back to us and sent us a digital image before printing. We loved it and though it was simple, but made the point we wanted so we placed the order and received it in a few days.

upload_2015-5-13_9-14-39.png

**each of these are individual pieces so I can switch the initials around or spread them out ect. SIDE NOTE: A couple of people have commented that the brides name (M) should be first and groom (R) second, but I want to go the opposite as I don't want our monogram to be MR everywhere we turn haha - you will notice on our wedding invitations I put Ryan's name first for this very reason ahaha **

As for decor, we are lucky again that our venue space is already very beautiful. There are living walls and glass walls surrounding the place - refer to our Location Section to see what I mean. This means that for decor we have very little to do - excellent!

As I previously mentioned, for our centerpieces I wanted to keep things simple, rustic and romantic. I had taken three large mason jars, wrapped them in burlap, lace and ribbon and wanted to build on this idea. I decided for our centerpieces that we would use mainly hydrangeas (again, my favorite flower!) and calla lillies for some texture and height. I took my sample vase in and had them make a sample for me. Here's what it looked like

upload_2015-5-13_9-20-27.png

I really liked the idea, but thought it looked a little darker than I wanted. I decided to play with the portions. After designing and redesigning, I decided that more lace, less burlap and a thinner ribbon would be more appropriate.

upload_2015-5-13_9-22-31.png

PLEASE NOTE: the local craft store ONLY had white lace and I knew it would be too white against the "natural" white of the flowers, but wanted to purchase the white lace so I could see if this is the route I would like to go BEFORE searching for Ivory. I have now found Ivory and have ordered it in bulk, which arrived a few weeks ago.

I like this look much better. I feel as though it achieves the "romantic" look a little better and allows for the beauty of the flowers to come through.

THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE RECENT UPDATES WELCOME! - I see the view count going up, so please don't be shy to reply!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I"LL BE BACK LATER WITH MORE RECEPTION DECOR/DETAILS SHORTLY, BUT THOUGHT SINCE I HADN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE YOU'D APPRECIATE WHAT I COULD UPDATE ON NOW.

OK just stumbled on your PJ today. Another fellow Canadian here joining the party!
First of all, Congrats to both of you!

I cannot tell you how much I love, love, love your dress. It is so simple but beautiful and elegant and I think it really is perfect for you! Cannot way to see it on you!

I love your invites. They are really pretty, great job!

For your hair, I would do the braid with loose curls but personally I would not do the sparkly hairband. I think with the veil and the flower on the dress you don't really need an extra accessory in your hair but that's me. The braid is enough of a texture.

I totally understand your frustrations with the red aisle runner. It is too bad they can't remove it. I would cover it for sure. I don't think you need to spend so much on a heavy duty isle runner. Check out this site which sells inexpensive aisle runners in Canada and ships with Canada Post: http://www.theweddingshoppe.ca/aisle-runners-s/42.htm. Or you can also cover the aisle with something other than a custom made aisle runner for example a roll of material you can purchase at a textile shop or burlap. I also saw this idea, using a roll of chalkboard paper as an aisle runner then writing a personalized message. I thought it was really pretty and very personal: http://bridalmusings.com/2011/08/diy-aisle-runner-messages-of-love/

Love your cake with the individual cupcakes and take away boxes. Such a great idea. The monogram you choose fits so well in the whole look.

I also love your centrepieces. They really go with that garden theme your going for.

Great job! Keep it coming...

OK just stumbled on your PJ today. Another fellow Canadian here joining the party!
First of all, Congrats to both of you!

I cannot tell you how much I love, love, love your dress. It is so simple but beautiful and elegant and I think it really is perfect for you! Cannot way to see it on you!

I love your invites. They are really pretty, great job!

For your hair, I would do the braid with loose curls but personally I would not do the sparkly hairband. I think with the veil and the flower on the dress you don't really need an extra accessory in your hair but that's me. The braid is enough of a texture.

I totally understand your frustrations with the red aisle runner. It is too bad they can't remove it. I would cover it for sure. I don't think you need to spend so much on a heavy duty isle runner. Check out this site which sells inexpensive aisle runners in Canada and ships with Canada Post: http://www.theweddingshoppe.ca/aisle-runners-s/42.htm. Or you can also cover the aisle with something other than a custom made aisle runner for example a roll of material you can purchase at a textile shop or burlap. I also saw this idea, using a roll of chalkboard paper as an aisle runner then writing a personalized message. I thought it was really pretty and very personal: http://bridalmusings.com/2011/08/diy-aisle-runner-messages-of-love/

Love your cake with the individual cupcakes and take away boxes. Such a great idea. The monogram you choose fits so well in the whole look.

I also love your centrepieces. They really go with that garden theme your going for.

Great job! Keep it coming...

Hey Alesandra, thanks for joining in :welcome:!

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my dress. I thought the same things, it was a perfect balance of simplicity (as you can see this is a running theme for me) and elegance and I don't feel like I will look back at it in 10 years and ask myself "what the heck were you thinking?"

I am still debating about the headband thing myself. I'm still not sure what I will do. I think I will purchase one (making sure I can return it for a refund) and bring it with me to one of my fittings so I can see the whole look together and get a better idea. I'll just be sure to put my braid in so I can see if it's too much or not. I also haven't done my hair trail yet, so who knows I may end up not evening putting a braid in!

Thanks for the sites for the aisle runner. I jus took a look at The Wedding Shoppe and they are really reasonably priced. Only issue is, I don't see any the size I would need to cover the red one currently there :badpc:. I did email them tho to see if they do custom sizes or can suggest any products that do come in my required length. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon and can put a nail in that coffin - really tho, a red aisle runner, what were these people thinking haha (maybe it's just me).

So happy for you both as you get ready to set forth on your new life together! My husband I have been married for 16 years and at 20 years we're doing a vow renewal! This one will much bigger and more playful than our Wedding was, but I have no regrets for our wedding day either. :lovestruc Our Honeymoon was to Disney World and we're both still happy we made that choice! Your plans look terrific, love your colors, and the engagement photos are sweet and your personalities really shine through! :-)

Hey Alesandra, thanks for joining in :welcome:!

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my dress. I thought the same things, it was a perfect balance of simplicity (as you can see this is a running theme for me) and elegance and I don't feel like I will look back at it in 10 years and ask myself "what the heck were you thinking?"

I am still debating about the headband thing myself. I'm still not sure what I will do. I think I will purchase one (making sure I can return it for a refund) and bring it with me to one of my fittings so I can see the whole look together and get a better idea. I'll just be sure to put my braid in so I can see if it's too much or not. I also haven't done my hair trail yet, so who knows I may end up not evening putting a braid in!

Thanks for the sites for the aisle runner. I jus took a look at The Wedding Shoppe and they are really reasonably priced. Only issue is, I don't see any the size I would need to cover the red one currently there :badpc:. I did email them tho to see if they do custom sizes or can suggest any products that do come in my required length. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon and can put a nail in that coffin - really tho, a red aisle runner, what were these people thinking haha (maybe it's just me).

Your dress will definitely age gracefully! It is beautiful. I think buying a headband you can return and trying it with your outfit and veil would be the best thing. Hope the aisle runner works out for you. Fingers crossed!

Crap I've missed a lot!

Ok let me see if I can remember everything I wanted to say, lol.

I'm gonna skip the hair stuff, cuz I'm dumb with hair.

For makeup - airbrush ALL THE WAY. At my sisters wedding last year on July 4 it was hot as hell and I was MELTING. Her flowers even basically melted (the greenery around them was very sad looking). But our makeup looked as fresh when we took it off at the end of the night as it did when we started the day. I don't wear makeup as a general rule, and I had zero concerns with it feeling heavy or caked on. The photos are flawless, it legit was the best way to go.

That red aisle runner is awful, but I looked up 3 friends that had the same venue and they all had it too. Honestly though, it wasn't until I looked them up to check for it specifically that I really noticed it. I say just live with it, and if you hate it in photos pick a few photos you love and ask your photog to edit the color on it. As far as ceremony decor, I say go simple. You're in there for 20 minutes, your guests see it for maybe an extra 20 minutes - it's not worth breaking the bank over. Spend the budget at the reception, that's my opinion.

Love your rings!

Your engagement pictures turned out awesome! We're scheduled to do ours today but its freakin miserable out so I don't know what to do. I may just grab an umbrella and do them anyway because I've been looking forward to them. I figure if it's awful I can always book a second session.

Your suit fiasco sounds really frustrating,but glad you got it to all work out! I think they'll look great!

What bakery are you using for your cake?

So soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter