~ Mickey's Magical Matey Tour ~ November 6-13, 2010 Eastern Magic

Hello everyone!

My family and I will be on this cruise and my Fiance and I will be getting married! Woo-hoo! Just wanted to chime in for roll call! Any plans for this cruise for FE or meets, etc?

Stacy

Welcome aboard Stacy!
Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Does it take place on the ship?

From what I've read on the board so far, I don't think many events have been planned yet. It's most likely to far out yet.:confused3

By the way, LOVE your pug pic!!

I know I just posted but wanted to say I'm glad to see so many adult couples are going! People have asked DH and me why on earth we would go on a Disney cruise if it's just us.........if they only knew!!!:lmao:

Welcome aboard Stacy!
Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Does it take place on the ship?

From what I've read on the board so far, I don't think many events have been planned yet. It's most likely to far out yet.:confused3

By the way, LOVE your pug pic!!

Thank you! We are getting married at CC on 11/12. We are super excited! You are probably right it is still six months out.

Thanks again! I love this pic of my pug when he was a baby. He is going to be seven years old in a month and half, I can't believe he will be a senior pug! I am amazed how many people on the disboards have pug pics as their avatars, cool people just love pugs I guess :laughing:

Hopefully this thread heats up a bit once it gets closer to sailing :thumbsup2

How wonderful to get married at CC! :lovestruc
It looks like you could consult Skylynx for ideas of how to get the most out of your cruise. After reading their plans for the trip it sounds like they have it down to a science!:goodvibes
Is anyone else having a special celebration?

Hello everyone! Just discovered this thread, and definitely want to join in! Here's our info:

Casana
Ana & Frank
Sofia (6)
SR6632 Late seating

I've sooooo much to study up on for planning :scared1: since its our first cruise ever but at least I've got the summer for that. We're considering arriving on the previous Wed or Thurs & staying at WDW for a day or two, so I've got more planning... plus airfare shopping eeck.:surfweb:

Ok ladies and gentlemice... I've been slacking (heck I have two small children and things have been *interesting*) but everyone is updated as best as I could. Please let me know if something is wrong. Thanks.

As for us, we have our before and after hotels now. I was up at 6:00 am on the phone with DVC member services to make sure we got what we wanted/needed. All flights are arranged. All travel insurance is taken care of and we have our park tickets. Cinco de Mayo is my call date for the first half dining. All the money to pay off about 90% of our vacation is in the bank earning interest. It feels good to have something going "right" in life right now.

Hello everyone! Just discovered this thread, and definitely want to join in! Here's our info:

Casana
Ana & Frank
Sofia (6)
SR6632 Late seating

I've sooooo much to study up on for planning :scared1: since its our first cruise ever but at least I've got the summer for that. We're considering arriving on the previous Wed or Thurs & staying at WDW for a day or two, so I've got more planning... plus airfare shopping eeck.:surfweb:

Welcome Ana!
The disboard is a fantastic way to help plan your trip. You get a chance to "meet" with experienced cruisers who can cover everything from kid's activities to a romantic evening for the parents!
We have only cruised once and the disboard was the most useful tool ever and really adds to the excitment of the trip.
So glad you found the thread!:goodvibes

Hi, Everybody

Happy May Day! On Tuesday, DH and I are about to celebrate our tenth anniversary of meeting each other at a 3 day corporate training event at Disney Institute in its heydey where Saratoga Springs now is. We will be celebrating by going out to our ranch-to-be in Colorado and building some buckrail fence and spending time doing nothing but sitting and enjoying our mountains!

Felt good to pay off our July 29 Wonder cruise, now we have to get started paying for this one!

One of the other things we like to do, particularly on a day at sea, is go up to the front of the ship where it is really windy and stand at the very center looking out to sea. A couple times coming back from Cozumel, the Magic was cooking along at top speed and it was absolutely life affirming to stand at that height, watching the ocean whipping away on either side of us and flying fish leaping, drawing in great lungs full of freedom. My hair looks pretty bad the rest of the day, but it's worth it. Sometimes if it's toooooo windy, DCL will block you from going up there, but when you can go it's pretty neat!

BTW I am 24 and my DF Dave is 27. Right no we are on late seating, but wait listed for early. Also our SR is on Deck 6, not sure of the exact cabin number. We also have a bunch of family going including both our moms and dads, my bro, my cousin, his two sisters, his BIL, and two of his nephews. Possibly more to come soon! :goodvibes

Hi All! I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Me, my husband, and daughter (18 months at cruising time) are sooo looking forward to DCL. My husband and I have cruised Carnival in the past but we are ready for a change (and from what I hear Disney is hard to beat!). We'll also be spending a few days after the cruise at WDW. Looking forward to meeting all you!

Shannon and Chris
Kiersten (18 months months at cruising)
Late Seating

We don't usually purchase travel insurance, but I think I'm going to for the cruise. Any input on carriers woul dbe helpful. I'm starting from ground zero. What is a good price, and what coverage should I expect. Any help is appreciated.

We have gotten and actually had to use Access America - no problems -just hold onto your receipts! We honeymooned at WDW with a cruise in 2005 when Hurrican Wilma came through, they covered everything including the extra air, extra nights at WDW because our cruise was cut short.

We will only be getting insurance with them for our air this year. My understanding is Disney Cruise will provide rooms, if they have to cancel days....that is what they told me on the phone.

Hello, hope everyone is well. Just thought I would check in. We just purchased our airline tickets and will be leaving on the 5th from Portland, OR. Still trying to decide on hotel the day prior to cruise. We thought maybe we would stay near the airport.

Do you normally rent a car or take Disney transportation. This is our 6th Disney Cruise and we normally rent a car and park it in the lot. last year we took the Disney's bus and we arrived at the port late in the day. So I think we might rent a car.

Everyone talks about the FE's, but did you make your FE or did you buy it? Is someone could get back to me on this.

Also my husband and I are celebrating 16th year anniversary this year, so we have decided to renew our vows on board. Our children are excited! My husband retired from the US Navy a few years ago, so this means so much to our family.

Take care,
Tonya

Tonya, congratulations! We talked about renewing on the cruise too (we have survived a really hellish year and felt it was time) but won't be for financial reasons. Oddly enough, we are also from the Portland area! We fly out a few days earlier.

OK...sounds like this is turning into the "Love Boat":goodvibes I have a great idea...why don't we ALL renew our vows onboard...sort of like the Moonies and their mass weddings...:dance3:

Sorry for being so glib (not really)! Just thought I'd pop on since I see my better half has been posting. By the way...Happy Birthday Amy (Adventurelover67):flower3:

Ciao for now all. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

It would be completely grand for this trip to be like a Love Boat voyage, just without the bad 70's fashion including ultra tight short shorts on the crew and wing flap lapels on the gentlemen's jackets and shirts.

DH and I are Love Boat junkies and have all the series on DVD. We watch them when we need a cruise (or 70's) fix. We make sure we have MANY what we call LBM's (Love Boat Moments) on our actual cruises, including watching the moonlight from the top deck railing and wearing lots of rhinestones.

Last year while we were on a Cruise Critic forum before our Alaska cruise on NCL, the REAL Captain Stubing (Gavin McLeod) joined in for a couple of posts to answer questions. Way cool.

Hey Everybody,

Checking in real quick. We just got back from Disney, where it was ridiculously hot and crowded. Never experienced that during the first week of May. It didn't help that DS#1 had meltdown after meltdown with no rhyme or reason to them. :confused3 Alot has happened to him in a couple of months..he got a new brother and lost his bottle and binky so that may have something to do with it. I am hoping his terrible two phase will end when he turns three in August, but I had heard somewhere that a three year old is just a two year old with experience! We are trying to decide on pre and post cruise plans. We want to stay near the port the night before. Last year we stayed at the Radisson and DH wasnt crazy about it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also we want to hit Disney for a day or two, but not sure whether we want to do it before or after the cruise.

How wonderful to get married at CC! :lovestruc
It looks like you could consult Skylynx for ideas of how to get the most out of your cruise. After reading their plans for the trip it sounds like they have it down to a science!:goodvibes
Is anyone else having a special celebration?

getting married on deck 7

Jsut sharing we are so excited!

We decided to fly in Thursday night instead of that Friday because Airfare was almost DOUBLE from Seattle. So we lucked out with DVC and get to stay at the Boardwalk (1st time) then be best part - I didnt know that the food and wine festival would still be going on so that will be so FUN and the Mickey Xmas party Thursday or Friday - which I think we will skip this time - then off to the cruise, already trying to decide on tours...

Is the Kayaking fun? We are thinking about sending Nana and DH on it - any feedback?

Then probably just the butterfly farms since we have small ones and I am still worried about carseats/no carseats...

Well really excited about our trip - hope to meet most of you !

My goodness is the board hopping!! :woohoo:
What a wonderful surprise that my awesome hubby made such a sweet post yesterday regarding my birthday on top of the surprises he had for me. I really love you bub!!:hug:
I love his idea of the "Love Boat" theme. New marriages and celebrations of old ones (that doesn't sound quite right but what the heck!). Hey Don, do you have any Moonie contacts? Would I still get a bonus ring?!?:rolleyes1
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on the board and sharing ideas/experiences and the excitement of our trip!
As far a Fish Extenders go, you can make it yourself or you can even order them off of ebay! If you opt to make your own just google the directions for it or check the disboard for postings of dimensions and materials, that way it will fit nicely on your door.:goodvibes
Have a great day all and thanks again Don! I really would marry you all over again!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter