Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2009

we will be attending 4th annual mnsshp. the first year my dh was not able to attend. Last year we dressed up as a doctor my dd with princess scrubs, and dh was the patient with a cast on his arm and leg and patient gown. I had the pleasure of being his nurse and pushing him in a wheelchair all night. We are working on our costumes for this year and have a few years. In the past, they have had free face painting. My tip is to go to adventureland for face painting as toontown is always busier.

What night are you guys going this year?

I do the face painting some years, if doesn't interfere with the makeup/costume I already have and I feel like spending the time. I kinda wish they were still doing the complimentary photos.

well up until yesterday we were going to be Mouseketeers from the orginal Mickey mouse club. However, my DD has stated I want to be a doctor for halloween, so we might do that again this year and ramp it up a bit. I am sure she will change her mind many times before Sept. We get our faces painted even if it doesn't go with our costumes because it is fun. I always get Tinkerbell and DH does a Mickey, and of course dd does the princess face paint. We will be going Sept 4 and the next day we will be taking our first cruise on the Magic.

Have a great time at the party, and what a great thing to do the next day! Have a blast on the Magic. I did. :) Consider having pirate costumes for that, too, for Pirates IN the Caribbean Night. There's a lot going on, make sure you read that navigator they put in your room every night! )

Btw, if you didn't already know this, there's a section on this board with threads for just about, if not every sail date. It's a fun way to "meet" some fellow DISers before you go and you might just find you know a bunch of people on the ship that week.

*Nevermind - I see you found that already :)

We will be there 9-22, doing CS for dinner. WCC earlier for lunch.
Not sure about costumes yet....something easy to pack and cool ::yes::

A couple of years ago we went as tacky tourists and that was great!! Need a new idea for this year.

This is the best night to go for MNSSHP. My wife and I and our friends from NY have made it a tradition. We wear costumes every year. Our friend Liz makes them by hand, I am the ideas guy. She cuts out every letter and design by hand in felt. She is my hero.

We have been Fastpasses twice. The best ones were when we did Fastpasses for extinct rides. I even blew up a park map that had all the rides on them as a prop.

1955915762_ac84e0deee.jpg

Last year we were Castmember name tags:

3657949911_16712e0104.jpg

Just starting to work on this years costumes.

We now celebrate 3 holidays a year at WDW, July 4th (will be there in 8 days), Halloween and New Years.

Maybe we will run into some of you guys this year.

We will be there 9-22, doing CS for dinner. WCC earlier for lunch.
Not sure about costumes yet....something easy to pack and cool ::yes::

A couple of years ago we went as tacky tourists and that was great!! Need a new idea for this year.

We will be there on 9-22 also, we're dining at Tony's before the party.

We're also no sure about costumes yet although I think we will go as 3 totally unrelated things, I'm considering the Queen of Hearts, DS wants to be a pirate & DD is wearing the kimono that she bought at Epcot a few years ago. I really wanted to dress up this year since I didn't last year when we went, I just wore a t-shirt with a picture of a bat that said "Bite me & by the way Happy Halloween".

Mouseman those are some cool costumes. I'm thinking that I am not too likely to miss you guys in the park that night! lol The FP for extinct rides was a very interesting idea.

It's weird that I had no idea there were any more responses to this thread. It didn't email me.

I'll probably be some sort of a vampire(ss) again this year, if I find a costume I like and haven't worn before. I'm very boring that way. lol Last year I veered slightly doing an Evil Queen sort of thing and still gave just had to give it a tiny bit of loose interpretation of Elizabeth Bathory maybe after she was locked up a while. lol

Hi all. We are going to Disney 9/13-9/20 and only found out about MNSSH after we booked! But WOW are we excited, as Halloween is our family's favorite holiday. Thinking of doing Me as the wicked queen, DH as the man in the mirror, DD snow white, and DD (only 6 months at time of trip) as the poison apple. Any trip on planning for the night, such as what not to miss??

Thanks!
Paige

That's really cool! Glad you found out about it when you did! I love the costume ideas. Especially the little one as the apple. lol That should be funny.

I'd say the main don't miss things for the party itself would be stuff specific to the party. You'll probably want to try and trick-or-treat around as much as the park as possible since they stick characters in different places that you don't normally see. The parade is different and Halloween Themed (the song WILL get stuck in your head lol) and even Wishes (Nightly fireworks) is different (Hallowishes), but it's hard to miss Wishes even if you try, since it's so big, unlike the old fireworks show. That being said there are better viewing spots than others. You may also want to catch the special show on the castle stage. It's also a place to meet with some interesting characters (like Maleficent) but the lines can be long. This should be advantage though of going to an earlier night. There are also a few dance parties for the kids, in various areas throughout the park, with DJs and the kids can even dance with some characters. Grab one of the special guides for the party when you get in that evening and make a note of anything you'll want to see. Everybody has their own idea of what they like.

That's really cool! Glad you found out about it when you did! I love the costume ideas. Especially the little one as the apple. lol That should be funny.

I'd say the main don't miss things for the party itself would be stuff specific to the party. You'll probably want to try and trick-or-treat around as much as the park as possible since they stick characters in different places that you don't normally see. The parade is different and Halloween Themed (the song WILL get stuck in your head lol) and even Wishes (Nightly fireworks) is different (Hallowishes), but it's hard to miss Wishes even if you try, since it's so big, unlike the old fireworks show. That being said there are better viewing spots than others. You may also want to catch the special show on the castle stage. It's also a place to meet with some interesting characters (like Maleficent) but the lines can be long. This should be advantage though of going to an earlier night. There are also a few dance parties for the kids, in various areas throughout the park, with DJs and the kids can even dance with some characters. Grab one of the special guides for the party when you get in that evening and make a note of anything you'll want to see. Everybody has their own idea of what they like.

Thanks so much you were really helpful. Just showed my DH the pics from last years MNSSH on Dis and he thinks it's going to great. I think I even got him alittle excited!!! ( He never gets excited till he's in the thick of things..so 77 days out is pretty cool accomplishment!LOL) :yay:

Thanks again,
Paige
:cutie:

Thanks so much you were really helpful. Just showed my DH the pics from last years MNSSH on Dis and he thinks it's going to great. I think I even got him alittle excited!!! ( He never gets excited till he's in the thick of things..so 77 days out is pretty cool accomplishment!LOL) :yay:

Thanks again,
Paige
:cutie:

Think I know what you mean there. ;) Glad you guys are excited. I'm excited and I've gone a bunch of times. I'll be even more excited if my weight ever responds to my efforts and starts to move in a downward direction! (My body seems to like to see just how crazy it can make me before it lets go of the pounds) Well, either way I'm sure I'll have fun. :)

I've always kinda wanted to go for Halloween as a deranged Alice (As in Alice in Wonderland), really dark & gothy with the blood, knife and all (like the video game from a while back etc.), but clearly that wouldn't be a good idea for Disney World. I guess it's good for someone who goes to bar parties or something like that.

:rotfl:
Think I know what you mean there. ;) Glad you guys are excited. I'm excited and I've gone a bunch of times. I'll be even more excited if my weight ever responds to my efforts and starts to move in a downward direction! (My body seems to like to see just how crazy it can make me before it lets go of the pounds) Well, either way I'm sure I'll have fun. :)

I've always kinda wanted to go for Halloween as a deranged Alice (As in Alice in Wonderland), really dark & gothy with the blood, knife and all (like the video game from a while back etc.), but clearly that wouldn't be a good idea for Disney World. I guess it's good for someone who goes to bar parties or something like that.

Hi. I sure know what you mean about weight!! Just had the baby and went today to get a new bathing suit for Blizzard Beach and Typhone Lagoon. YUCK!!! I don't think I'll be eating til my first ADR!!! :rotfl2: I just keep telling myself that my husband loves me!!! :rotfl: But doesn't help when I look in the mirror!!! At least the Queen costume will hide it all!!!
Have a great trip!!!! :cheer2:

We are still in the initial stages of planning which night to go and was wondering about dining. What is the latest reservation you can get for dinner at any of the MK restaurants on party night?

rapriebe,

The best way to be sure is to call 407-WDW-DINE. They'd probably have the answer to that, even though it's still too early to book reservations.

If you guys are planning for Halloween Night, or any of the nights right around it, please don't wait too long to get tickets. I'd hate to see you miss out.

No, unless you count tons and tons of free candy. :laughing: That and there will probably be the infamous little boxes of raisins, although I think they're more by choice now, thankfully. The first year they gave them out at a lot of stands automatically and people were leaving giant towers of raisin packs all over tables. It was a running joke for a while. The good part is that this is Disney World and not some neighborhood, so it's not like you can't grab a snickers out of your bag if you need a quick snack. :) There should be plenty of quick service options available that night, though.

There are certain events that have included dinner, but they haven't had any of those on the East Coast in a long time and they're usually one night (or a set of nights that go together as part of the same event) and they're typically a lot more expensive than parties like this one that run a whole bunch of nights per season or year.

Hey. This is my first discussion board, so bear with me! It's also our family's first MNSSHP, so I have about a thousand questions. Lots of them have been answered by other user's posts. I've never been to DW while carrying a bag, and this is my first trip there with kids. I will have three with me at the time and was wondering...what will they do with their bags while on rides? This may be a silly question, but it's the little things that bug me. :P

What an easy question. What will they do with their bags????? Why, they'll give them to you to hold, of course. You ARE Mom, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter