Mid to upper 90s in the forecast next week—How brutal is this going to be?

Skbak

Earning My Ears
We usually visit in February/march, don’t think I’ve ever had a day in Disney in the 90s, looks like temps projected to go up to 97 (granted, that is 10 days out from now)

Is this gonna be the same as the brutal August weather that is always talked up on here or is it less humid in May?

Bad. It’s bad already in the south.

And my air conditioning is broken. Fun time at my house right now. I work from home.

It was in the mid 90’s for half of our trip a few weeks ago and it was brutal.

We had to walk from Test Track to Beach Club mid day one day and we were drenched in sweat by the time we arrived.

The mornings and evenings were still somewhat tolerable, so we just planned on mid day breaks as many people suggest.

We did decide after this trip that we will go back to January trips. I have heard the crowds have gotten bad in January, but we saw some of the worst crowds ever a few weeks ago. I’d rather deal with crowds and no heat over crowds and heat.

It has been really hot and dry for a couple of weeks now. And the forecast doesn't appear to let up for the next week or two. I live in central Fl for 20 years now and this type of heat wave can happen but isn't the norm.

Yes, this.

May is usually warm but not hot like it is right now. It's 🥵 right now. I get sweaty just taking the trash to the curb and back.

We arrive on Monday and the forecasts have been discouraging for sure. But we’ve visited often in the summer and know what we’re up against anyway and are planning accordingly.

Water levels are low .
I noticed a lot of the boats docked at Disney Springs …have they limited water taxi from the resorts back & forth ?

One year I visited and the Ferry Boats could only operate one at a time back & forth because of the water level .
I don’t think it is that bad yet but it could happen
We need rain

It is going to be TERRIBLE. We have had no rain for over 30days, no rain in the near future.
DRINK, DRINK , DRINK....
Wear a hat/cap.

One of our local weathermen says in about 10 days a cold front will make its way in. He didn't commit to a temp, but I take it to mean less than 90 degrees. The humidity has not been cranked up yet, but once it does, usually comes the rain. 🤞

Water levels are low .
I noticed a lot of the boats docked at Disney Springs …have they limited water taxi from the resorts back & forth ?

One year I visited and the Ferry Boats could only operate one at a time back & forth because of the water level .
We need rain
I think all boat transportation from DS to the resorts is temporarily closed.

I've never seen the Ferry boats effected or the Friendship boats, but I guess it can happen.

Water levels are low .

We need rain
Be careful what you wish for 😉 . . . They are also saying it’s going to be a bad hurricane season, so we may end up having more water than we know what to do with. Seems like we go from one extreme to the other.

My brown, crispy yard could definitely use a little rain though . . .

I have also heard boats have not been running between the resorts and DS (at least that was the case earlier this week). We’ll be at OKW for most of the week, so that’s disappointing, but understandable if water levels are low.

Don’t go anywhere without a large cup of ice in your car today!
And a spare filled with water.!
It’s HOT

:( I swore I'd never plan another trip in the summer but we "had" to activate DVC Gold APs last October and I really want to use them again so I got the AP discount on POP for June 2-9... I had a trip planned in April but had to cancel because my dad's wasn't well - the weather was perfect that week. Not sure when else we will be able to go before mid October. I am not looking forward to the heat but I am terrified of lightning, so it's a trip that may be cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter