Military peeps--MWR hotel reservations

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
I think it was here that I saw it, but I can't remember for sure :) Ar any rate, I have additional questions, so here I am. I'm trying to not waste MWR's time when I'm not ready to book anyway, and tgere's that annoying thing called "work" today.

So, for those military family that do their hotel reservations through MWR...

(1) Do you have to pre-pay through MWR when you make the reservations? Hubs thinks it varies from place to place.

(2) Does anyone have a list of the resort area hotels/motels that the MWR can book? I know they have a special rate with Stovall's; anywhere else?

Thanks in advance for the information (and saving multiple calls to MWR for me and hubs).

I believe on Stovall's Facebook page they said they are discontinuing being part of the MWR program, just might want to check....

I believe on Stovall's Facebook page they said they are discontinuing being part of the MWR program, just might want to check....
I'll double check. I'd find it interesting since they were just touting their "best military rates" on Facebook a few months ago. Off to look into this more! Thanks for the heads up!

"For all of our Military guests: Our current MTP / MWR rate special is unfortunately coming to an end. GOOD NEWS THOUGH - we are now part of the Air Force Ticket Program and soon all Military will be able to book our guaranteed lowest rate (our Military rate) on line. For more info please see your MWR / ITT Ticket office staff. Current MWR / MTP reservations through until August 31 will not be affected by this change." That is from their Facebook page on 6/27/19. I'm confused now. "All military will be able to book our guaranteed lowest rate (our Military rate) on line." So, is it just their general military rates? I'm assuming so.

Now I'll have to get hubs to call on Monday for more information.

I'd cross check those rates with the hotels directly too. The rate for the Tropicana doesn't look that great, for example.

I’ve had good luck using the American Forces Travel webpage, just to throw another hat in the ring.

I’ve gotten a few walkable Harbour hotels for $112 a night, actually just booked another a few days ago.

I'd cross check those rates with the hotels directly too. The rate for the Tropicana doesn't look that great, for example.
Unfortunately, that Trop and Camelot price is pretty much their normal "discount" rate (military, senior aged, AAA/CAA, AP are all eligible). Sad to see how quickly Trop's prices have risen lately!

I’ve had good luck using the American Forces Travel webpage, just to throw another hat in the ring.

I’ve gotten a few walkable Harbour hotels for $112 a night, actually just booked another a few days ago.
Thanks! Just checked it out, and saw some great prices. Hubs and I hadn't heard of this website before!

Unfortunately, that Trop and Camelot price is pretty much their normal "discount" rate (military, senior aged, AAA/CAA, AP are all eligible). Sad to see how quickly Trop's prices have risen lately!

I looked on their website last night when I posted and standard rooms were around $150ish depending on room type. Obviously it depends on dates and all that but worth cross checking 😊

Thanks! Just checked it out, and saw some great prices. Hubs and I hadn't heard of this website before!

I’ve used it a few times now! The Norfolk MWR Facebook page posted about it when it came out. I hope you find something affordable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter