• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military ticket activation

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
We are traveling in two weeks and part of our family can’t make it. A member of our family purchased military universal tickets for them but no one else is planning to go to Universal. Will they be able to use them later or does the military member that’s traveling with us now but won’t be later need to go activate them?

For further clarification if needed: Step mom’s nephew purchased them with military ID at his base office. He purchased 2day tickets at $253 a person, not the Freedom Pass
My step mom and step brother and dad were the ones using them. Step mom and step brother are the ones who cannot make it. Dad won’t be going to universal without them but will be at Disney with us and the nephew.

Last edited:
We are traveling in two weeks and part of our family can’t make it. A member of our family purchased military universal tickets for them but no one else is planning to go to Universal. Will they be able to use them later or does the military member that’s traveling with us now but won’t be later need to go activate them?

For further clarification if needed: Step mom’s nephew purchased them with military ID at his base office
My step mom and step brother and dad were the ones using them. Step mom and step brother are the ones who cannot make it. Dad won’t be going to universal without them but will be at Disney with us and the nephew.
The service member still has to go and be present and use one of the tickets - those are a perk for the service member and immediate family - so if the service member isn't going then they will be of no use - we had to show our ID everytime we went through the gate as well

The service member still has to go and be present and use one of the tickets - those are a perk for the service member and immediate family - so if the service member isn't going then they will be of no use - we had to show our ID everytime we went through the gate as well
Sorry I forgot I was replying about universal and not Disney. I know he got them discount tickets but not the full year pass. Is that different?

My understanding was the service member had to activate the tickets but didn’t have to be present each time they entered the park. The service member will be present and using their ticket on this trip. The service member just would not be present with my step mom and step brother if they were to go later this year.
when we used our military tickets, we had to show ID each time we went through the gates - so something to be aware of

the discounted tickets that we purchase on base
Ok thanks. Curious though, why didn’t you purchase the freedom pass if you have military ID?
The nephew asked when he purchased them if he needed to be present since he wasn’t planning to go and they said no. Guess he was incorrectly advised. Thank you for clarifying, I know nothing about universal tickets yet they are now asking me all these questions I don’t know answers to.

Ok thanks. Curious though, why didn’t you purchase the freedom pass if you have military ID?
The nephew asked when he purchased them if he needed to be present since he wasn’t planning to go and they said no. Guess he was incorrectly advised. Thank you for clarifying, I know nothing about universal tickets yet they are now asking me all these questions I don’t know answers to.
Here is the thing - the people who work on base are not travel agents (usually) - they are hired spouses through the base to work there. It's like calling into the disney line - you can ask the same question 15 times and get 15 different answers becuase they really dont know the answer. I would advise them to contact their travel agent or to find one to help them

We didn't purchase the freedom pass becuase we weren't sure if we were going to be going multiple times during the year - we ended up getting AP instead (which gets us AP discounts so to us is a better deal overall)

Here is the thing - the people who work on base are not travel agents (usually) - they are hired spouses through the base to work there. It's like calling into the disney line - you can ask the same question 15 times and get 15 different answers becuase they really dont know the answer. I would advise them to contact their travel agent or to find one to help them

We didn't purchase the freedom pass becuase we weren't sure if we were going to be going multiple times during the year - we ended up getting AP instead (which gets us AP discounts so to us is a better deal overall)
Yes!! This is why I come here first 🤣.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter