Military Ticket Offer - Questions and Latest Info

Where did you read that? I am Retried from the USAF. I have a Wife & 5 kids. 19, 17, 16, 12, 10.

That is internal info for Disney CM's that was handed to me on the sly. I should have backup documentation for that in the next 24 hours.

Does anyone have a link or particulars on the Disnyland deal? All I can find on google is the 2003 deal.
Thanks!

2. When upgrading the $99 companion tickets they DO NOT bridge the difference between the $99 paid and the 5 day base ticket price ($222). In other words, you simply get credit for the $99 you paid. This is the biggest change. Many people, myself included, presumed that Disney would bridge the difference when upgrading the ticket. That assumption, which seemed perhaps a little too good to be true, in fact was.[/B] This will upset some apple carts and going based on incorrect assumptions and bad info.. is 100% my fault here. I feel just horrible about this.

Please don't feel horrible. How would you know that they weren't going to change the info and I for one appreciate all you do and all the information you get. So what that I can't get the difference off the 5 day tix - it woud have been nice, but I can see why Disney isn't doing it.

Actually it takes a lot of stress off - This way I just go over to SOG and pick up the regular Ap's. We are going for way to long to make it worth our while to pay the $99 plus to make up for the other days - I'd have to pay another $250-300 or more to have enough days to use this year for my full trip OR I wouldn't have passes for next year - Or I'm afraid if we don't get AP's for next year we won't go since DH's unit is getting closed. We aren't sure if they are getting a new mission or if he will be totally out of a job. I was hoping to have Season passes so it makes it a no brainer to go next year, even if it's only a week.
Oh crap. :scared1:

No wait.. That was if the entire offer was bunk... *whew* :thumbsup2

Thank god - eating a paper copy would have sucked, lol!

I kept telling myself that bridging those tickets seem to good to be true. DANG.....I was surely going to get the deal of the year when I upgraded to DVC AP's. Poooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well thanks for clearing it all up.

That is internal info for Disney CM's that was handed to me on the sly. I should have backup documentation for that in the next 24 hours.

Thank you.
I'm going in June early, staying at the SOG. Two rooms for a week. Booked them 6 months ago to get a wheelchair room pool side!!!!

Just to confirm (because I am old and slow):

the up to 5 companion tickets do not have be dependents with ID--a retiree or their spouse can take their grown (no military ID) children & grandchildren (no military ID) on this offer as long as they need n more than 5 companion tickets. (hence the family/friends definition??)

Is this correct?

Just to confirm (because I am old and slow):

the up to 5 companion tickets do not have be dependents with ID--a retiree or their spouse can take their grown (no military ID) children & grandchildren (no military ID) on this offer as long as they need n more than 5 companion tickets. (hence the family/friends definition??)

Is this correct?

Correct!

Hey Knox, there is a thread going on stating that retired reservists who have not reached the age of 60 are not eligible for the tickets. Do you know anything about this?
Here is the thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2051275

My BIL is a retired navy reservist but has not reached the age of 60 (when they get more benefits).

Can someone please help me?

I'm trying to find out if my cousin can use this offer (as well as the resort offer). Her husband served in Iraq last year. He returned home last April. Unfortunately, he was killed in a motorcycle accident last June.

My cousin and her daughters (17, 13 and 11) all have military photo ID.

Are they eligible for these discounts?

Can someone please help me?

I'm trying to find out if my cousin can use this offer (as well as the resort offer). Her husband served in Iraq last year. He returned home last April. Unfortunately, he was killed in a motorcycle accident last June.

My cousin and her daughters (17, 13 and 11) all have military photo ID.

Are they eligible for these discounts?

Was he active duty? If she's a qualified military widow, then yes she could use this offer. If she's not a qualified military widow, then I'd say she doesn't technically qualify. If she still has unexpired ID, I don't see how Disney would know that her sponsor is deceased. She would be able to buy the companion tickets. Not sure about the resort discount because I booked that under my DH's qualification and not my spouse ID one, so she could call and ask. She also likely could book at Shades of Green with her own unexpired ID.

She should be able to contact the Ombudsman at her husband's base and find out what all she is qualified for and I highly recommend that she do that. I am sorry for her loss and hope that she is a qualified widow, but in light of her husband's death and his service to the nation, I can't imagine any military folks begrudging them using this offer since his death was so recent and they have unexpired ID cards that would still allow them access to the commissary and everything else. I wish her all the best....

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

I was on the old thread, and still waiting on a reply to Disney about my IRR reservist DH... to find out whether or not his orders which do not state "Active Duty Orders" but instead "Orders to Report for Duty" and state in them he will go inactive after this duty.. will qualify us.

Just wanting to give the information so that whenever I reply back with my email... people will know my situation. :) OH, and to subscribe ;)

Was he active duty? If she's a qualified military widow, then yes she could use this offer. If she's not a qualified military widow, then I'd say she doesn't technically qualify. If she still has unexpired ID, I don't see how Disney would know that her sponsor is deceased. She would be able to buy the companion tickets. Not sure about the resort discount because I booked that under my DH's qualification and not my spouse ID one, so she could call and ask. She also likely could book at Shades of Green with her own unexpired ID.

She should be able to contact the Ombudsman at her husband's base and find out what all she is qualified for and I highly recommend that she do that. I am sorry for her loss and hope that she is a qualified widow, but in light of her husband's death and his service to the nation, I can't imagine any military folks begrudging them using this offer since his death was so recent and they have unexpired ID cards that would still allow them access to the commissary and everything else. I wish her all the best....

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thanks so much, I'll pass this on to her.

I found DH's original orders for the reserves. It states " I understand that I am required to perform 48 drills and 12 days active duty for training annually." It also states his swearing in date as well as his expiration date. I wonder if this will work as active papers along with his military ID. I can only hope! I've been speaking with Ms. Weeks at SoG the past few days via email. I've asked her this as well, and I'm hoping that if it's a yes I'll have it in writing.

The issue that still isn't clear is who they are considering "retired military". I spoke with someone in the ticket office at Shades of Green today who said they sold a voucher to a retired reservist and when he got to the ticket window at Disney he was turned away and had to get a different ticket. In calling Disney to try to get info, I was told that retired reservists DO qualify and that the best place to get info was Shades of Green. I called an ITT office and was also told that retired reservists qualify regardless of whether they are 60 or younger.

Can you get this cleared up along with the question about what constitutes being "activated" for a reservist? Is it their weekend drill and two week training or is it more than that?

Knox,

Apology accepted. Thanks for all you do to keep us informed. I will be happy with my $39 saving on my AP from UCT:)

Now what do you make of this statement? Any inside scoop?

• The military personnel (or spouse) will be required to present valid military identification (which, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, also includes orders showing active status after Jan. 1, 2008) for all ticket transactions (including to activate tickets, and/or redeem exchange certificates for tickets, at Main Entrance theme park ticket windows). A valid ID may also be required for admission.

My DH will have a companion ticket. We will be with DBIL (active military) for the first 3 days and then he leaves. Will my husband be able to get in the gate the last two days?

Thanks!

Stephanie

The issue that still isn't clear is who they are considering "retired military". I spoke with someone in the ticket office at Shades of Green today who said they sold a voucher to a retired reservist and when he got to the ticket window at Disney he was turned away and had to get a different ticket. In calling Disney to try to get info, I was told that retired reservists DO qualify and that the best place to get info was Shades of Green. I called an ITT office and was also told that retired reservists qualify regardless of whether they are 60 or younger.

Can you get this cleared up along with the question about what constitutes being "activated" for a reservist? Is it their weekend drill and two week training or is it more than that?

If a reservist retires they should get a DD 214 that should state "retired"
on it. I assume that you should have the DD 214 in hand prior to turning 60. Go ahead and check your paperwork for that. If that is the case you should take a COPY of the 214 with you to WDW and should have no problems. Also I would secure the vouchers from ITT before going on your trip.

I have his retirement papers....will have to look for the DD214.

We leave next Friday and none of the ITT offices think they will have the vouchers in by then. I'm hoping to have a final answer from someone with authority before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter